Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 5 and 6), Mar 28th-Apr 2nd, 2013

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

CSF wrote: »
    Probably not. I honestly think we are finished. Catch 22 situation. We can't afford to sack Matthews, we can't afford another relegation. Matthews will get us relegated. Our only hope of surviving as a club is if Matthews agrees to walk, which is unlikely.

Surely UCD will at least finish below ye, so then at least ye have the playoff's to try and save ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Surely UCD will at least finish below ye, so then at least ye have the playoff's to try and save ye?
    We have 1 point having not played any of last seasons top 3 yet, I don't think anything is sure for us, if Matthew stays, I expect to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'll be happy if limerick can salvage a draw tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll be happy if limerick can salvage a draw tonight

I'll be happy if they can sneak a win! Last bet of my longshot accumulator is Limerick to beat Shams.

Plus, Shams losing would make their forum a great read the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Nope, UCD always have a team of talented young lads who after about 8-12 weeks of the season have learned each other's games and gel, leading to a decent-ish finish.

If Matthews doesn't go, Shels won't change and we'll be worse than UCD come June.

I don't think we'll get a single point in April

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'll be happy if they can sneak a win! Last bet of my longshot accumulator is Limerick to beat Shams.

Plus, Shams losing would make their forum a great read the next few days.

I'll do my best to keep you updated, I'll be in attendance

The sun is shining!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/891662_628170607209943_1598472003_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

CSF wrote: »
    We have 1 point having not played any of last seasons top 3 yet, I don't think anything is sure for us, if Matthew stays, I expect to go down.

looking forward to playing ye at the weekend:pac:

shanec1928 wrote: »
    looking forward to playing ye at the weekend:pac:

Fond memories of the home game against them last season. Pascal's cameo is my favourite memory from 2012 excluding the league win.

Hope the game is well out of sight and Pascal is given a good 30 minutes to terrorise them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Is it not boring to play against Shels? Not scoring goals, stupid red cards. hoofball?

• Advertisement

1-0 to rovers

no.10 Sean o Connor

1-1

No.19 Craig curran

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

dfx- wrote: »
    No idea why McCabe's goal was ruled out on Friday night. No foul on the keeper.

One of the stranger decisions I've seen alright.

Rovers down to 10 men

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rovers think they are Shels !!!

Come on ta feck Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Oman continues last seasons form by the looks of it. He has turned into Dan Murray.

Croly must not trust Danny Ledwith yet.

Croly countdown is on im afraid.

3,006 in attendance. Very good number again.

Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    3,006 in attendance. Very good number again.

Great to see.

Fantastic seeing as its Tuesday and there's Champions League on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Dundalk beat Pats 2-1 :)

Limerick 1-1 Shams FT

Draw all the games \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really shocked by Rovers' start to the season, expected them to do well this year. Can we have Croly please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ebbs wrote: »
    Oman continues last seasons form by the looks of it. He has turned into Dan Murray.

Still undefeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

What happened between Dillon and Clark?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Rovers think they are Shels !!!

Don't think so, at least Rovers scored a goal there ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

More red cards than wins so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dfx- wrote: »
    More red cards than wins so far..

Pfft, more red cards than wins, goals and points put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Ebbs wrote: »

Oman is even worse this year, if that's possible. He was merely a ticking timebomb in 2012, now he's an overweight vortex of sh*te that threatens to suck in every player around him.

Against Cork, he took the ball in his own half under no pressure. He did a Cryuff turn for some unknown reason, then suddenly pelted the ball into the East stand past a stunned Conor Powell. It summed his performance up.

Yeah, the natives are restless on the forum. Can't help performances when there's a chorus of groans and shouts of abuse every time we lose possession. Comparisons to a really strong Sligo team don't help.

geeky wrote: »
    Oman is even worse this year, if that's possible. He was merely a ticking timebomb in 2012, now he's an overweight vortex of sh*te that threatens to suck in every player around him.

Against Cork, he took the ball in his own half under no pressure. He did Cryuff turn for some reason, then suddenly pelted the ball into the East stand past a stunned Conor Powell. It summed his performance up.

Yeah, the natives are restless on the forum. Can't help performances when there's a chorus of groans and shouts of abuse every time we lose possession. Comparisons to a really strong Sligo team don't help.

For the sending off last night Oman was already on a yellow. Limerick played a long ball over the top into space. It was 1 limerick player vs 2 rovers players, the limerick player had them beaten for pace and Oman pulled him back. Ref played an advantage but called it back for a free a few seconds after. Then sent Oman for a shower.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Pfft, more red cards than wins, goals and points put together.

Will there be more red and yellow cards, than fans in Tolka one day, I wonder? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another sensational smash and grab raid in the capital city last night. That's three wins from three games in Dublin this season.

Wasn't at the game but apparently we were great first half and hanging on a bit in the second half. Limerick up next in Oriel on Friday evening. It's a long way for them to come for a beating.

Maybe they should come up early and enjoy the beautiful Louth scenery to make the trip worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pighead wrote: »
    Another sensational smash and grab raid in the capital city last night. That's three wins from three games in Dublin this season.

Wasn't at the game but apparently we were great first half and hanging on a bit in the second half. Limerick up next in Oriel on Friday evening. It's a long way for them to come for a beating.

Maybe they should come up early and enjoy the beautiful Louth scenery to make the trip worthwhile.

Pretty good 1st half for Dundalk.

Hung on in the end but our blooper killed us and our momentum for about 20 minutes.

Rossiter was a beast for you, but we did play well 2nd half so hoping we starting to get into our stride. For about 20 minutes it was the best we played all season shame we were behind.

Advertisement