Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Dublin Show

Options
  • 27-03-2013 5:17pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

His Royal Badness is coming back to Dublin. It has just been announced by Tony Fenton on Today FM that Prince will play IMMA, Kilmainham, sometime this year, according to reports on Twitter.

That is all the information we have on this as of now. We'll update this with the specific date and ticket information as soon as we get it.

Prince was last in Dublin for an outdoor concert at Malahide Castle in 2011. He also cancelled a Croke Park concert in 2008 on just 13 days notice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Tickets for his other dates are 145 euro.

Hope he gets off his hilariously high horse by the time he comes here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

His Royal Badness is coming back to Dublin. It has just been announced by Tony Fenton on Today FM that Prince will play IMMA, Kilmainham, sometime this year, according to reports on Twitter.

That is all the information we have on this as of now. We'll update this with the specific date and ticket information as soon as we get it.

Prince was last in Dublin for an outdoor concert at Malahide Castle in 2011. He also cancelled a Croke Park concert in 2008 on just 13 days notice.

At last it's common knowledge!

Can't wait for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

lordgoat wrote: »
    At last it's common knowledge!

Can't wait for this!!

Cool... any date confirmed yet..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

No further word at all on a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Its on.

Going to be announced shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

poundhound wrote: »
    Its on.

Going to be announced today 5th April.

Cool :cool: any info on date yet... trying to get in quick for a cheap hotel..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm all over this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

WHOA MA GAWD

Nae update???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nope , looks like POD's big announcement was The National playin the O2 and Odyssey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Nope , looks like POD's big announcement was The National playin the O2 and Odyssey

isn't that an Aiken Promotions concert? I think I saw it on their fb page, not POD's. . .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Irish Aris wrote: »
    isn't that an Aiken Promotions concert? I think I saw it on their fb page, not POD's. . .

Ah touche you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Ah touche you are right

no bother. I want to see Prince so badly that ever since the rumours started flying around, I keep checking any relevant website for info.
    If he comes, it will be three boxes ticked from my "dying to see live" list this year - the other two being Kraftwerk and the B-52's.
    Better late than never, right???

I just want to touch him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Hope he gets off his hilariously high horse by the time he comes here.

There is no way Prince could ever get up on a high horse.

A small pony perhaps.

A high horse? No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I would never pay 145 quid to see that twerp...until I worked the Malahide gig and was able to watch the soundcheck, yep the 3hr 15 minute one. Absolute perfectionist, and the sound was incredible, as was the gig. Would I pay €145 to see him, in a heatbeat. €245 perhaps.
    Just go if you can get tix

Postponed indefinatley apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Please god it isn't.

Still get goosebumps over his gig at Malahide Castle.

Went there thinking he'd be good as a casual fan but left totally in awe at what a musical genius he truly is.

Can't put into words how truly talented Prince is.

If anyone gets the chance to see him please do.You'll leave memorized by him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 notanerd

Would like to see Prince live, not sure about forking out over a hundred quid but he seems like he puts on a hell of a show from what I have heard. However I think it would be wise of him and the promoters to hold off for a while. People are struggling to pay for the gigs that have already been announced and a lot of high profile bands are not selling out such as Sabbath, The Who, Neil Young, Sting and Roger Waters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

notanerd wrote: »
    Would like to see Prince live, not sure about forking out over a hundred quid but he seems like he puts on a hell of a show from what I have heard. However I think it would be wise of him and the promoters to hold off for a while. People are struggling to pay for the gigs that have already been announced and a lot of high profile bands are not selling out such as Sabbath, The Who, Neil Young, Sting and Roger Waters.

Yeah a lot of big gigs aren't selling well at all but the IMMA is considerably smaller venue than Prince usually plays here so i reckon he could sell it out even if the tickets are about €100.

If anything i reckon this gig is off because its just not financially viable. Prince's fee is supposed to be in the millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

So is he coming to play here it not?

It's definitely off.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

It's definitely off.

Can you provide link to your source?

Reason I ask is a lot of rumors on the net....

Can you provide link to your source?

Reason I ask is a lot of rumors on the net....

Verbal confirmation from in house, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Verbal confirmation from in house, I'm afraid.

Was there ever an official announcement that it was going ahead?
    I remember people saying it was on and where it was, but can't remember any date or ticket prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Rumour on web he is to play Tennents Vital Festival in Belfast. Strange as its MCD event..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

can't be true

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beepop

The ticket price really put me of, think it is abit much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Deisler wrote: »
    Rumour on web he is to play Tennents Vital Festival in Belfast. Strange as its MCD event..

Prince tickets are normally more expensive than tickets to this. Be amazed if he was playing.

Advertisement