Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Cheile Midnight Marathon

Options
  • 27-03-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about this race. I know it is in Leixlip, and you run around a 400m track approx 105 times. But any further details re entry, or if anyone else has done it, would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Dermot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

its on on midsummers night,id say le cheile will prob wait till their 5k is over b4 finalising details ,,,but it deffo on ,,,12 pm sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

Thanks Ultraman1. Have you done it before, or would you have an idea of cost??? I think the mental challenge would be the greatest thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

12pm? Bah I thought it was on at night. Dont know if I will be able to make an afternoon race. :-((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

12pm? Bah I thought it was on at night. Dont know if I will be able to make an afternoon race. :-((

Nope, definitely midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nope, definitely midnight.

psssst! I think he's making a joke about you putting 12pm (shich is lunch time) rather than 12am (Mindnight)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ultraman1 wrote: »
    ,,,12 pm sharp
    is prob when ill finisn on the sunday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ultraman1 wrote: »
    is prob when ill finisn on the sunday

You'd be lucky, at your age.

Love the banter...lets hope for some info soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Sounds interesting, if not a little mad.
    I guess you have no idea what poisition you are running in during the race? Also how are your number of completed laps counted?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Also how are your number of completed laps counted?

After each lap a steward will hand you an arm band. When you have 105 on your arm you'll be on your last lap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Clum wrote: »
    After each lap a steward will hand you an arm band. When you have 105 on your arm you'll be on your last lap.

:D Sounds straightforward enough.

Imagine the weight of 105 armbands on your arm !!!!!! Your running technique will fall to pieces....

Although, i would say come lap 60, the struggles will start...

What is the track like, would it be safe to run barefoot, or is there hidden and dangerous debris about???

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Did this last year. A good atmosphere, and definitely unusual! A group of us were running another later that day, so were taking it easy. It was on a grass track, though i believe the new track will be used this year. Laps were counted manually,i.e. by a person sitting trackside. Definitely an unusual experience, though as i recall, it began to rain at 4 a.m.:(

jonny99 wrote: »
    Did this last year. A good atmosphere, and definitely unusual! A group of us were running another later that day, so were taking it easy. It was on a grass track, though i believe the new track will be used this year. Laps were counted manually,i.e. by a person sitting trackside. Definitely an unusual experience, though as i recall, it began to rain at 4 a.m.:(

2 marathons in one day !!!! Wow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Dermo09 wrote: »
    What is the track like, would it be safe to run barefoot, or is there hidden and dangerous debris about???

There was one barefoot runner last year. That was on the grass track, they are in the process of having a tartan track put in which should be in ready for the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Here's a video from last years event

Advertisement