Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting tools to London

Options
  • 27-03-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has transported larger items to London and what is the best way.

I'm looking to bring mostly hand tools and 2 cordless drills with me.can this stuff be brought through airlines or will I have to organise alternative delivery such as dhl or others

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

An Post, they ship up to 20kg. so keep your boxes below that. you'll find dhl etc very expensive, and they only like dealing with businesses I found. I've used postal services in Australia and North America.. Irelands postal service is far superior, you should use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

As long as they're in your hold luggage you should be ok. I took a jigsaw and blades in my carry on luggage from London to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

there would be a few bits like drills etc,

can i put them in my bag that i can check in and then also have hand luggage for clothes and computer

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

there would be a few bits like drills etc,

can i put them in my bag that i can check in and then also have hand luggage for clothes and computer

If there underweight yea. Are they cordless? Lithium ion batteries have to be treated as hazardous when being transported.

Advertisement