Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Great setting for the photo too. Best of luck with her!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Great setting for the photo too. Best of luck with her!
    Ever the artist. ;) I had been reading the images of beauty thread, and knew youd complain if it wasnt in a nice setting. :p

Got out for 20k on her this morning. So far, so good. The saddle will take some bedding in, but the sram double tap is actually better than shimano two lever system, imo. Front end is very responsive, and she is light as a feather. I'm liking my new bird.

Oryx wrote: »
    Ever the artist. ;) I had been reading the images of beauty thread, and knew youd complain if it wasnt in a nice setting. :p

Got out for 20k on her this morning. So far, so good. The saddle will take some bedding in, but the sram double tap is actually better than shimano two lever system, imo. Front end is very responsive, and she is light as a feather. I'm liking my new bird.

"Bird", ha, I swear the Goose Girl by William Leech came to mind when I saw your photo:) Any names for the bike? How about "Leech"?;)

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7TqxAh6fG_0/Ufd_1aZHZZI/AAAAAAAAA-w/hcjrc5C8rlI/s800/Screen%20shot%202013-07-30%20at%2009.55.37.png" height="448" width="554"[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Lovely looking bike - I've one of them too, although I must admit black looks like the faster colour :)

I have the goose girl pic in my hallway, I have a thing for bluebells rather than geese, though.

Is yours a G1 coerdelion? Hows it going for you? (I never saw one of these anywhere before, and yet it turns out everyone has one!)

No name yet, suggestions (sfw ones) welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Great looking bike Oryx, well may it wear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I have the goose girl pic in my hallway, I have a thing for bluebells rather than geese, though.

Is yours a G1 coerdelion? Hows it going for you? (I never saw one of these anywhere before, and yet it turns out everyone has one!)

No name yet, suggestions (sfw ones) welcome.

Yep, it's a G1 but it's the white coloured one (didn't know they did black!). I think it's a great bike, really responsive and much lighter than the alloy Allez I had before. Wouldn't hesitate to buy Storck again either.

Yep, it's a G1 but it's the white coloured one (didn't know they did black!). I think it's a great bike, really responsive and much lighter than the alloy Allez I had before. Wouldn't hesitate to buy Storck again either.

This is a G2. Prefer your colour scheme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

This is a G2. Prefer your colour scheme :)

But the shiny black is what makes it just a little bit naughty. ;)

Swimmy swim swim tonight. Ow, usual beach which was nicely calm. Though the flow of the tide had us swimming all over the place, we couldnt hold a straight line. We just did 1200 because my companions had enough and I didn't want them to have to hang around and spot for me.

Ran afterwards. Steady paced 5k in 24 mins. Tried my new brooks. Theyre comfy as old slippers. Pays to stick to what you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Lovely new bike oryx. Well wear. Which brooks do u have? I run in brooks too, changed from asics a year ago. Much happier in the brooks.

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Lovely new bike oryx. Well wear. Which brooks do u have? I run in brooks too, changed from asics a year ago. Much happier in the brooks.

I started in burn, I have had a few pairs of summon 2, but these have now changed to aduro, so that's what I just got. I tried ghost but didn't like them at all. I don't think my feet will wear anything else at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I started in burn, I have had a few pairs of summon 2, but these have now changed to aduro, so that's what I just got. I tried ghost but didn't like them at all. I don't think my feet will wear anything else at this stage!

They have a lot of cushioning in them, some don't like that at all.

They have a lot of cushioning in them, some don't like that at all.

It was the step off at the toe that bugged me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

It was the step off at the toe that bugged me. :)

Mrs Jones got a pair of them last week on offer and isn't gone on them either, its back to Mizuno for her !

Weds pm
    Ran. This was a 'neither here nor there' run. My knee was giving out again so fast was out, I didn't have time for a proper long run... so I did a plod. 12k, 66 mins.

Peculiarly tired this morning so no early session.

Slow bike this evening. Had needling on my quads and promised I would take it easy. Went out with a friend who hasn't been cycling long so it was a nice recreational pootle along. A bit too slow really but hey... The Bird is just a dream to ride, I can't wait to get it out for some
    proper miles. 29k tonight.

My tcr, my baby, went to a new home tonight. I was sad to see her go, she got me around a lot of hard courses. I hope her new owner loves her as much as I did!

Speed work this morning. Not my best effort, but this was more of a mental than physical exercise, overcoming nausea*, tiredness and a very sore leg. Twas one of those days where it seems like youve never run before in your life. You run like a toddler. But got through it. 6.2k in 33 mins, doing 1 min on, 1 off.

*My digestive system hates me, dreaming up ever more ingenious ways to torture me. The latest is 'non-pregnant-morning-sickness'. :(

Hey chickie-momma....in case The Bird would like to see the states in January, here's an interesting looking event. I'd really, really, really like to do at least a HIM in 2014, and this event keeps popping in my mind. Probably won't do it...unless I can find me a partner in crime. I think The Bird would like The Mad One. ;)

http://www.boneislandtri.com/

Dunno if I've got the funds to go to florida, but a HIM in january would be gas. What other crimes could we commit?

Dunno if I've got the funds to go to florida, but a HIM in january would be gas. What other crimes could we commit?

January is pretty good timing for me for a lot of reasons...so...we can look at other options if you're game. I only ask that it be a place reasonably warm, and the bike be reasonably flat since I suffer miserably on it. Don't count florida out totally perhaps...airlines sometimes practically give the tickets away that time of year, and if you can get your patootie here to the states, I'll take care of the rest. ;)

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    January is pretty good timing for me for a lot of reasons...so...we can look at other options if you're game. I only ask that it be a place reasonably warm, and the bike be reasonably flat since I suffer miserably on it. Don't count florida out totally perhaps...airlines sometimes practically give the tickets away that time of year, and if you can get your patootie here to the states, I'll take care of the rest. ;)
    I'm really taken with the idea. I'll look into it. Never been across the pond. :)

I'm really taken with the idea. I'll look into it. Never been across the pond. :)

What???? :eek::eek::eek: You've never been to the states?? Well, I've never been to Key West, but Florida in January is really nice. Mild, yet sunny and gorgeous. Think about it....could be a blast. Oh, and the race would be fun too. :)

What???? :eek::eek::eek: You've never been to the states?? Well, I've never been to Key West, but Florida in January is really nice. Mild, yet sunny and gorgeous. Think about it....could be a blast. Oh, and the race would be fun too. :)

You're a clever girl. Asking me when I have the money for my bike burning a hole in my pocket. :)

You're a clever girl. Asking me when I have the money for my bike burning a hole in my pocket. :)

Make sure you pack your bikini - we may be signing up for surfing lessons!!! ;)

Make sure you pack your bikini - we may be signing up for surfing lessons!!! ;)

Sure thing, Thelma!

Sure thing, Thelma!

We've got crimes to commit, Louise!!!

After a night dreaming of the florida keys, I almost slept too late to get to the run this morning. Today was a challenge. 9.3k trail run against the clock, with handicapping to make it more interesting.

As usual I had an upset tum getting up, and never feel on form starting off. But the racehorse of the group caught me quickly, and I paced off him for a km or two till he took off and disappeared. Most of the route is trail, but the central section is across dunes and twisting narrow forest paths...that bit always kills me. The 3k back was hard. Pace had dropped for in spite of an increase in effort. I had big heavy legs. Finished in 41.43, the racehorse did 39. Thats an honest reflection of where I'm at, but I would like to work on better 10k times.

Into the sea for a cool down afterwards, which was very effective. I chilled on the way home, and it took ages to feel normal again!

Most of the route is trail, but the central section is across dunes and twisting narrow forest paths...that bit always kills me. The 3k back was hard. Pace had dropped for in spite of an increase in effort. I had big heavy legs. Finished in 41.43

That's a pretty decent pace for 9.3k that includes dunes etc.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    That's a pretty decent pace for 9.3k that includes dunes etc.
    I'm not happy with it.

• Advertisement

First long spin on the Bird today. Of course it was raining, so she got properly christened. It is a very comfortable bike to ride, and I finished this ride feeling pretty fresh. Not sure on speed, this seemed pretty slow but I can't gauge exactly as I stopped for tea. :) I think I just need to get used to riding it aggressively, the drops are lower and it still feels a bit strange for now.

100k in god knows how long, with 1355m of climbing.

Advertisement