Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I didnt train Saturday, as I had to give in to the dose. Any training would have been pointless and only given this cold/flu more of a grip.

But on Sunday, I really wanted to get a long run done, and I felt, mmm... okay.... so I did. I got 28.5k done before calling it a day, and while it was way better than last Monday's run, I know Im still below par.

Monday I had too much on, and training got squeezed out. No harm. Still tired, coughing and all that.

Today, I got a swim done. Still low effort, so I did drills. I am unable to dance, and my lack of rhythm in my feet extends to swimming too, I find synchronising hands and feet pretty much impossible. Probably looks funny when I try though. 1.85k was enough. Getting back to 100% is definitely going to take time.

Second swim of the day was a toughie. But very enjoyable. 2550 in a mix of stuff. 700 arms on 14, 2x 500 fc on 10 were the main bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Take care of that cough! And treat yourself to some dance lessons. ;)

Training is erratic at the moment, but I am managing to get some done. Ran last night, not hard, more recovery than anything. Still coughing like I'm on 40 a day. I took a route around town that I hadn't been on before. Glancing at nameplates on each gate, I noticed a house called Donadea. Unusual house name :) 6.4k 38 mins

Another short run today with 3x 800s. 3.25, 3.22, 3.19. Better than last week but with less wind out. Hopefully I'll get them below 3 soon enough. 6k 30 mins, roughly. I forgot to check totals.

Turbo tonight. Another gentle progression on what we have been doing - race effort intervals. With some lovely sprints out of the saddle at the end just to finish off the quads. 65mins.

• Advertisement

Early swim. 2550, done as 400s bilateral pb. Two done with paddles last one a straight swim.

Bloody foul weather meant I didn't get out today. I didn't want to risk the gale force winds and rain for a lsr while still feeling like death warmed up and coughing like crazy. That would be idiotic even for me.

So in less idiotic style I did a two hour turbo. Z2 with 30 seconds every five minutes alternating spin ups and sprints. It was hard, mentally and physically. Definitely still not at my best. But at least I'm getting something done, it could be a lot worse.

Tomorrow we have planned another long turbo as a group. Were going to do my infamous Wimbleball lap, which is about the most fun you can have in mixed company without committing adultery.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

"Tomorrow we have planned another long turbo as a group. Were going to do my infamous Wimbleball lap, which is about the most fun you can have in mixed company without committing adultery."

In a stable, the plot thickens. Enjoy your turbo Oryx.

MaryB30 wrote: »
    "Tomorrow we have planned another long turbo as a group. Were going to do my infamous Wimbleball lap, which is about the most fun you can have in mixed company without committing adultery."

In a stable, the plot thickens. Enjoy your turbo Oryx.
    Thanks! Its all good clean fun as you know. Sorry you're gonna miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Just checkin...u do know donadea is running race..:)

• Advertisement

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Just checkin...u do know donadea is running race..:)

First I heard.

Having been kinda sick for weeks I'm doing what I can, not what I should.

The turbo was good yesterday. I found it hard to hit the numbers in the middle section where theres lots of 85% effort at varying cadence. But everyone got through it. Though with a few comments about never doing Wimbleball.

I had to get a long run done today even though the weather was downright unpleasant. Set off in very high winds and stinging sideways rain on a short lap (I had to avoid most roads because poor visibility and surface water plus cars is not a good idea). The lap was to add to the psychological pressure :)

An hour in I was 11k down, soaked to the bone and sick, sick, sick of being bead blasted in the face by rain. So I went onto trails through the forest which was much calmer. Spent another hour looping through the muddy trails there, before doing one more road lap. 25.8k. Felt fine throughout, just hating the elements.

^^^ That alright Anto?

Swam this morning. Motivation and speeds were low. But I did 1200 drills and 8 x 100 timed. I was coming in just under 2 mins for all of them, and that's not good enough. Just one of those days, still, its training. Has to be of some benefit.

Oryx wrote: »
    ^^^ That alright Anto?

Yep...but u shud or ran today as well:)....see u next week

^^^ That alright Anto?

Yep...but u shud or ran today as well:)....see u next week

Club swim last night was cancelled because flooding near the swimming pool meant the whole area was cut off. So I went over for an early swim this morning. (Yeah, I know. No running. I just dont take this whole thing seriously, do I?) 1900m of drills aimed at kick and catch. Still lacking motivation, which may just be down to the goddamn weather.

Thursday mornings mean 800s! This short session was done in semi darkness but it was NOT RAINING and the air had a touch of spring about it. Woo hoo!

Times: 3.24, 3.22, 3.17, 3.23
    Falling off a bit at the end, but that is my first set where I did four. Slightly more wind today to work against, so all in all, happy with that. I am learning to love the 'nowhere to hide' effort of these, and Im trying to get more used to working near my vomit threshold (vom2max) ;).

Tonights group turbo session was a beauty. 70 minutes of fun that has left my legs trashed. It involved high and low cad short intervals, followed by 3min intervals of progressively harder sprint style effort, and a final 15 minutes steady effort. I was swearing inside, which means it was good. God bless the victims who did it with me - they let me inflict this stuff on them every week and never complain or call me names :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Raging I missed it. Why did I decide to have kids who bring every bug in the country home and then try to train triathlon.

Will get to the pool today.

• Advertisement

Swimmity this morning. I was tired, but did a 400tt anyway, even though I knew it wouldnt be spectacular. Got caught behind someone on the last 50 but even so managed a 7.47. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey and all that, Im scraping a second or two off each time. The rest of the swim felt pretty poor, I thought I was swimming badly, flaws in my form were all back like I had never worked on them. (High stroke count, poor catch yadda yadda). Just an uncoordinated day. But as I was told yesterday, its another bean in the jar. :) 2400 in 70 mins

Oh and on a separate note, thank you to my guardian angel who got me the most comfy cycle shorts in the world. DD, I owe you. :)

Oh and on a separate note, thank you to my guardian angel who got me the most comfy cycle shorts in the world. DD, I owe you. :)

They are the bomb, aren't they? Isn't your birthday coming up??? A spare pair is always wise. ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    They are the bomb, aren't they? Isn't your birthday coming up??? A spare pair is always wise. ;)
    I got my birthday present today! (And my birthday was almost exactly a month ago. I'm hoping if I keep forgetting it, it will stop happening).

I got my birthday present today! (And my birthday was almost exactly a month ago. I'm hoping if I keep forgetting it, it will stop happening).

Crap. :( We all missed your birthday. Boo hiss. And I hate to tell ya...they keep on 'a comin'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

What's your plan for next Sat?

I'm on the hunt for a couple of pace buddies...:)

Izoard wrote: »
    What's your plan for next Sat?

I'm on the hunt for a couple of pace buddies...:)
    I really havent a frickin clue. Training has been less than ideal, not what I had hoped at all. I would hope to run at 5.30 pace, but thats simply plucked out of the air, I have no real experience of running on trail for that distance, I will have regular road shoes, so this will be a proper mystery!

I really havent a frickin clue. Training has been less than ideal, not what I had hoped at all. I would hope to run at 5.30 pace, but thats simply plucked out of the air, I have no real experience of running on trail for that distance, I will have regular road shoes, so this will be a proper mystery!

It is not really a trail run, so road shoes are the way to go...although they'll get a tad mucky....

Izoard wrote: »
    It is not really a trail run, so road shoes are the way to go...although they'll get a tad mucky....
    Oh noes! I cant get them muddy! :P

What time are you planning?

• Advertisement

Oh noes! I cant get them muddy! :P

What time are you planning?

I presumed all the ladies of TDAR had a runner fetish akin to RQ....

5:30 will probably be a stretch for me at this point, but happy to hang on to your coat tails for as long as possible.

Advertisement