Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Oryx wrote: »
    ....but I think my catch is improving.

211481-swimming-cat.jpg

They allow you swim without a hat in your pool?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

....but I think my catch is improving.

211481-swimming-cat.jpg

I hope Tunney doesn't see that, what with his pubic hair phobia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Swam 400 tt today also....cat as well!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Swam 400 tt today also....cat as well!!
    At least your times are dropping consistently, its all going the right way!

At least your times are dropping consistently, its all going the right way!
    Ha that gave me a good laugh.......the right way towards other's worst times!!
    You are doing great. Maybe we just expect too much too soon.

• Advertisement

Ha that gave me a good laugh.......the right way towards other's worst times!!
    You are doing great. Maybe we just expect too much too soon.

I was swimming your times last year, I made one major leap forward because of some technical coaching, and have plateaued since. Swimming is a pain in the behind! The sharks here (you know who you are) talk about feeling the water, and how lovely it is to swim 'with' the water. My feel for the water? Well I know it's wet, does that count? I don't swim with it, I wrestle it! This is why both my kids have learned to swim and lane train every week. Like riding a bike, you never forget. (There's another thing I never learned as a kid....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Absolutely spot on Oryx- learning to swim at a young age is key.

Phelps- the Early Years

Totally agree Oryx. When you learn to swim as an adult the feel for the water is absent. Where I started from I am basically just thankful that I can take part in triathlons at all never mind an IM event! Slow progress.

All I did today was a run. Met up with the group I run with, I haven't seen these guys in weeks, so it was nice. Loops of a tarmac track (approx 1.2k). I don't know what their plan was, but I was doing intervals. Roughly 600s, 3 reps of one half of the track, with recovery on the other half, then reversed direction and did two more. For all but one rep, one of the guys was 'encouraged' to run with me, or the coach ran alongside. Running against the coach psyched me out but the reps were faster. :) 9.2k

Majorca is nice.
    That is all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Majorca is nice.

You could've invited a certain partner in crime from across the pond, you know. ;) Can't wait to hear all about it....unless it's "what happens in Majorca stays in Majorca." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Majorca is nice.

Ahhhhhhh, that explains why your log is so quiet:D enjoy the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Majorca is nice.

Sweet. :cool: Enjoy.

Training camp, holiday or a bit of both?

Training camp. And its cold! But good crowd and great training.

Did 102 miles today, caught most of the IM Mallorca route. Tough but great course. Woop woop first century ride of the year!

125k through 4 climbs today including the beautiful soller climb (14k). I want to live here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Life has been a roller coaster lately, very up and down, and as happens on roller coasters, I got sick. The whole house came down with flu - and even though nothing got done and normal life gave way to collapsing under our duvets, somehow we have all survived and have come out the other side. The house, less so. But thats ok as long as noone calls.

Training has taken a dent though. Ive missed a whole week and it will be at least another before I am back near normal. The easiest thing to do to start back was a bike ride. Legs felt surprisingly ok, but the cardio system wasn't so good. I had to go very easy. 40k felt the same as double that. But considering on Saturday I was still horizontal on the couch, I'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Life has been a roller coaster lately, very up and down, and as happens on roller coasters, I got sick. The whole house came down with flu - and even though nothing got done and normal life gave way to collapsing under our duvets, somehow we have all survived and have come out the other side. The house, less so. But thats ok as long as noone calls.

Training has taken a dent though. Ive missed a whole week and it will be at least another before I am back near normal. The easiest thing to do to start back was a bike ride. Legs felt surprisingly ok, but the cardio system wasn't so good. I had to go very easy. 40k felt the same as double that. But considering on Saturday I was still horizontal on the couch, I'll take it.

I'll be round in 30 for some tea. ;)

Glad you're back amongst the living. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

+1 I was wondering if you were ok, I was missing your updates. Glad to hear you are recovering

• Advertisement

Solobally8 wrote: »
    +1 I was wondering if you were ok, I was missing your updates. Glad to hear you are recovering

Cheers. Just real life got screwy and then flu! Not so bad as you though. Hope youre healing well.

Well, I havent forgotten how to run, either, but I have forgotten how to run at pace. A slow 8k this morning on complaining legs.

First swim in a week. Form felt ok, and the strangest thing was that on the mixed warmup I did bs, and out of nowhere was suddenly doing it correctly, and easily. Where did that come from? I usually hate it and it kills me! Maybe being sick has morphed me into one of those fat old ladies who breaststroke. Scary thought. :)

Got the coached set done but wow, was it sluggish overall. Just like the bike and run today and yesterday, swimming feels like I'm doing it at altitude or something. Everything's just tougher. 2100m. Hard earned.

Yesterday, easy spinning turbo in the morning; 45 mins.

Core in the evening.

Today, interval run set. Intervals were slow. Still nothing there. 45mins.

Pre turbo: knackered.
    Post turbo: wired.
    Very strange.

Anyhoo group turbo with the two faithful regulars, god bless em. 'Big gear' session. With a ten minute run off the bike.

One more bean in the great big jar.

Swim was:
    300 wu
    500 fc
    8x 25 drills (kicking)
    500 fc arms
    8x 25 drills (scull 1 & 2)
    500 fc
    200sd

Tidy.

Longish run. 16.5k in maddening 1.5k loops around the racecourse track. In misty rain and bleak wind. Yet somehow it was good. Little pockets of chat with some of the others in the group broke it up nicely. 88 mins.

Long ride. Got dragged up mt leinster in the rain but didn't do the 1.5 miles to the mast. Next time when its dry I'll give it a shot. I did another hill while my tour guide went to the summit, but even so I got blown off the bike in the wind (bloody deep rims) so I think I made the right choice not going even higher. Didn't fancy trying hang gliding today. 85k with a short run off. Not an ow swim but it'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Fair Play. I wouldn't have put a milk bottle out on Mount Leinster yesterday morning. Well done you and the amphibious shark.

• Advertisement

Swim:
    1000 fc ( 2.20 per 100 pace)
    200 kick w/fins
    500 paddle & pull
    200 kick w/fins
    500 p&p
    50 kick
    1000 fc (pace as above)
    100 sd

Lane etiquette was non existent so I ended up finishing the set in the main pool with the aqua aerobics crowd, who were more courteous than the 'real' swimmers!

Advertisement