Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

"Aqua aerobics"....even the words sound refined. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dory Dory wrote: »
    "Aqua aerobics"....even the words sound refined. ;)

Now now. Don't be elitist :)

Tuesday am
    11k run with 10 mins z4 (58 total)

Tues pm
    Swim
    Coached set with main set 150m reps off 3.30.
    I was tired so swam with pb for main set.

Wednesday:
    7k run, easy pace.
    30 min spin on turbo afterwards while dinner was in the oven (just cos it worked out that way)
    Simple recovery day.

Thursday am:
    Run intervals. Bloody phone froze (fcuk you, Samsung :( ) so no alarm. Got up late for this so only 3 reps. They still aren't back on form. 3.21, 3.17, 3.27. Need to suffer more.

Thurs pm: turbo
    Main set was 10 mins race pace with 5 mins run. Should have done 4 reps but ended at 3 due to fading light and fading legs. I don't feel like I worked hard enough on this - or I went too hard at first - all I know is I couldn't sustain the numbers. Similar set next week, hopefully I will have learned from this one and it will be better.

• Advertisement

Okay, Ms. IronUltraWoman....or would you rather be referred to as Ms. UltaIronWoman??

No matter.....

Did you know that you are world ranked 85th for all women in the 50K??? (WORLD EFFING RANKED!!!!) And did you know that you are also world ranked 19th in your age!!! Holy crap....you rock. :D

http://statistik.d-u-v.org/getintbestlist.php?dist=50km&year=2014&gender=W

Okay, Ms. IronUltraWoman....or would you rather be referred to as Ms. UltaIronWoman??

No matter.....

Did you know that you are world ranked 85th for all women in the 50K??? (WORLD EFFING RANKED!!!!) And did you know that you are also world ranked 19th in your age!!! Holy crap....you rock. :D

http://statistik.d-u-v.org/getintbestlist.php?dist=50km&year=2014&gender=W
    How on earth do you find these things? :) Very cool to see Claralara and Marthastew high up on there!

If you check out world ranked gobshytes youll see I rank in the top ten.

I'm friends with ultraman on fb, and he had it posted. Interesting thing about claralara and marthastew, if you age grade, then marthastew is faster than claralara by 2 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

World Ranked !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Now I have to listen to everything you say.

That's Brilliant.

MaryB30 wrote: »
    World Ranked !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Now I have to listen to everything you say.

That's Brilliant.

Now bear in mind that you were faster than me last night! Re the rankings, as me mammy would say: paper never refused ink.;)

• Advertisement

I swam this morning. I can only hope the other two who turboed last night feel half as shagged as I do. Though one of them was swimming rings around me today so I doubt it. I did 200s alternating drills with fc. 2500 incl sd, in 65 mins.

90 minute run today along forest trails. I took it handy except for a little sprint at the end. The run group were there but doing a different session so I was on my own with my music for the most part. 16k.

Cycle... 92k getting lost around mt leinster. Didn't go to mast.. again. But found every other hill in the vicinity. 2k run off. Tired now.

Did a bike ride with the kids today where my son tried (and failed) to teach me to ride with no hands. Great fun. Got to the pool this evening, simple set
    1000 fc
    1000 pb
    1000 paddles & pull
    Got the last bit wrong it should have been just paddles but no matter. Found this an easy set, effort was meant to be just below css but I wasn't concentrating on numbers anyway. It flew by, the 1k's taking 20, 20 and 22 mins. 100sd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Oryx wrote: »
    It flew by, the 1k's taking 20, 20 and 22 mins. 100sd.

That's really good progress for you, nice to be at the 3k in an hour mark (ish).

Easy turbo this morning. 50 mins while surfing youtube. A fantastic sunny morning in this part of the world, put you in a good mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Beautiful weather is right. If I push a buggy on the beach for 30mins, does this equate to 1 hour turbo with 4 dismount sprints?? Because it really feels like it.
    Also does sunny weather make niggles go away? Again it seems to do.

Catch you later.

MaryB30 wrote: »
    Beautiful weather is right. If I push a buggy on the beach for 30mins, does this equate to 1 hour turbo with 4 dismount sprints?? Because it really feels like it.
    Also does sunny weather make niggles go away? Again it seems to do.

Catch you later.
    Well the beach would do after a ten mile race. :)

Sunny weather makes me want to go out on my bike!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Oryx wrote: »
    Well the beach would do after a ten mile race. :)

Sunny weather makes me want to go out on my bike!!!

Without wanting to make you jealous, I got out on the bike today. Even got the old milk bottles out for some tanning action. Twas nice :)

BTH wrote: »
    Without wanting to make you jealous, I got out on the bike today. Even got the old milk bottles out for some tanning action. Twas nice :)

Oh I got some nice new shorts today compliments of the boards fairy godmother. These milk bottles will get an airing asap. :)

• Advertisement

Coached swim. I knew we had a css time trial tonight but it turned out to be more than the 400 & 200 I was expecting. We did 700 wu then
    1 x 400 (7.52)
    2 x 200 (3.51, 3.52)
    4 x 100 (1.48, 1.51, 1.52, 1.51)
    2 x 50 (52, 52)
    100 sd

My times aren't stunning but I'm just glad I survived it. Wanted to bail out for most of it. A testing session!

Rrrrun this morning. Doing my lsr early this week. The first 7k were done slowly and half asleep. After that I woke up and hit a steadier stride. 18.2k in 1h 45.

Turbo brick tonight with the girls. 3 x alternating 15 mins increasing effort on bike with 8 mins run (sprint out, jog back). 80 mins total. Good, but need to hit my levels better. Garmin died on me so I was working by rpe which isn't the most honest way tbh.

Early run intervals. Legs were tired but the sun was out so it wasn't all bad. Kept this short, 3 x 850s. Times were ok, consistent with recent stuff, but it felt like I was putting in less effort (cos of legs refusing to go any faster). 6k.

Easy swim tonight in an empty but chilly pool. It was lovely and peaceful but I ended up getting out early just because I was cold. 1600m

^^^ Good god, that must've been cold water! :eek:

^^^ Good god, that must've been cold water! :eek:

It was more the aircon pumping out cold air!

Tired yesterday so I took a day off.

Five hour bike today, again hitting the high spots of mt leinster. First we came up from the kiltealy side, then down corrabut and back up again. Looking down from the top it looks impossible! 113k altogether, with a very civilised breakfast stop halfway. Ten minutes running off the bike.

Now, CHOCOLATE!

Our 10k was today so I spent the morning working at and enjoying that. From start to finish its great to see everyone putting their best effort in. Some great finish times.

Did my own easy breezy no sweat run this evening, while sending positive thoughts Boston way. 11k, slowly.

• Advertisement

Rather than turbo this morning, I took the tt bike out for a spin to blow the cobwebs off. Time for this bike to start getting more use. I'm not used to riding such an aggressive position, it is going to take time to learn to really ride this fast, and I doubt it will see bolton. But you never know!

Advertisement