Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bath with Epsom salts and massage the quads in the bath
    Then rub in arnica and/or polar ice
    Pop a few ibuprofen every few hours and lots of rice for the knee

I'm able to get out of the car by myself and descend a flight of stairs in under 5 minutes today

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bath with Epsom salts and massage the quads in the bath
    Then rub in arnica and/or polar ice
    Pop a few ibuprofen every few hours and lots of rice for the knee

I'm able to get out of the car by myself and descend a flight of stairs in under 5 minutes today
    Oh god, that is so familiar. Stairs have been hell since Monday. :D

I went into an Equestrian store on Monday, to buy epsom salts (cheapest place to get it) and the girl who served me, and noticed my state, was still laughing at me as I limped out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Thanks for your post on my log and congrats on your own podium finish. I'll be checking in here for tips for the Beast :D

Thanks for your post on my log and congrats on your own podium finish. I'll be checking in here for tips for the Beast :D
    I think youre well ahead of me already when it comes to races like that! I hope to tackle the Beast next year, so I'm watching your progress, and I will certainly be picking your brains afterwards. I see its only 12 weeks away now, time flies!

Long Slow (very slow) Run today. Not the easiest thing to do on fecked up legs. I put it off from this morning, for once I couldn't face pelting rain, but it was a good choice; this evening was lovely.

21.6k in 2:03. Horrible but done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Just catching up on your log, congrats on the podium finish! Fantastic!!! I can attest to the power of epsom salt baths, good to know that equestrian stores sell the salts cheaper (although I don't think I've ever seen an equestrian store in this part of the world!).

Pet shops/farmers coop probably have it too? Thanks for the comments, have to say I'm pretty disappointed at how buckled I've been since!

Swam this morning. Settled in well and while I'm still struggling with the rotation and therefore slow, I enjoyed this. 2200m

Turbo this morning, just a steady set holding pace in the big cog. I was a very reluctant soldier, but felt better at the end than the beginning. 80 mins incl w/u and c/d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Have you done drafting practice with your kids yet? 3D aquathlon next week...

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Have you done drafting practice with your kids yet? 3D aquathlon next week...
    Nope, they didnt get entered. Long story.

• Advertisement

A windy day for a long cycle today. Sometimes it was in my face, sometimes at my back, and for the last 30k it mocked me by coming at me head on no matter what direction I took. Did this ride solo and funnily enough that was better than a group because I could set my own pace and there weren't multiple stops. Just a single coffee-and-tayto stop. (Tayto cheese and onion are becoming my food of choice on the bike - brilliant stuff)

161k in 6:45. I needed to get that kind of distance under my belt. A tad faster would be nice though.

Finally, FINALLY got my first (irish) ow swim. Chilly but ok once you got going. 1.1k in 30 mins including the first five minutes of trying to get past brain freeze. Glad to have got this one done, the first is always a hurdle.

Its a funny thing, fate.

Ive just fallen while out running. Did more damage than if I had been on a bike. Blood everywhere and an ankle three times its normal size. I am a fkn idiot.

Sitting here bandaged and on ice wondering if my IM is now messed up :(

Oryx wrote: »
    Its a funny thing, fate.

Ive just fallen while out running. Did more damage than if I had been on a bike. Blood everywhere and an ankle three times its normal size. I am a fkn idiot.

Sitting here bandaged and on ice wondering if my IM is now messed up :(

Its not! Heal carefully, ankles are fickle. You will be fine

You could always take up a diet of 6-8,000yrd 'recovery' swims :rolleyes:

Its not! Heal carefully, ankles are fickle. You will be fine

You could always take up a diet of 6-8,000yrd 'recovery' swims :rolleyes:

I have road rash on every joint. No swimming just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Sweet divine, out running! I thought you fell off the bike. Keep icing and you will be sound. Still lots of time before IM so chin up girl.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

listen to the mcos. rest it, let it heal, and you;ll be back

Sweet divine, out running! I thought you fell off the bike. Keep icing and you will be sound. Still lots of time before IM so chin up girl.
    When my other half and son came to pick me up they looked at the state of me and said 'wheres the bike?' :)

I just noticed I have grazes all across my ribcage. Htf did I do that? Beginning to see the funny side but still can't walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Aw jeez.....how did this happen???

Waiting for X ray on possible leg fracture. Fingers crossed please. :(

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Aw jeez.....how did this happen???
    Downhill, running fast, into the sun so hard to see, went over on a ledge in the tarmac at the roads edge. Went down hard.

Should have gone swimming this morning.

Waiting for X ray on possible leg fracture. Fingers crossed please. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

No. This cannot even be a possibility. Put it out of your head. Think of anything else...even Griffin's hairy arse!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Ah FFS, thats not good.

Hope you get it fixed soon. Maybe look forward to some monster swim sets soon. The water doesn't hurt if you fall in it.

Hopefully not a fracture K. But then, that may force proper rest for any A type. Either way rest and heal, even griffins hairy are won't fix this fast

Crap thing to happen with an IM looming but Shell has it right, you have plenty of time. Suggest entering an OW swim event to give you short term specific focus

Depends on prognosis. Will have to fight against a cast!

Broken leg and broken dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Oh god, so sorry to hear this K. What a total fcuking bummer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Aww ****e, that's an absolute bummer.

So, so shattered for you, especially after all the effort you've put into your swimming all year.

JB dealt with worse. Ill survive. No training for 8 weeka.

• Advertisement

Broken leg and postponed dream!

Fixed that for you. ;)

Advertisement