Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Ball$ to that anyway. chin up, you'll be back before you know it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

truly sorry, its a pain in the .... but not the end of the world, thankfully there is a bart load of races to enter before you call it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sorry to hear K. You could practice reading maps for 2015 ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sorry to hear K. You could practice reading maps for 2015 ;)

Right now I'm trying to glue a cleat to the bottom of my cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Oryx wrote: »
    Right now I'm trying to glue a cleat to the bottom of my cast.

While I'm not sure what the doctors might think of this I thoroughly applaud your "never say die" attitude.

• Advertisement

pointer28 wrote: »
    While I'm not sure what the doctors might think of this I thoroughly applaud your "never say die" attitude.

They were horrified when I asked could they just strap the break so I could swim and cycle. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Broken leg and broken dream!

Ah Oryx :(

Ah Oryx :(

Yeah. Bumholes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Google dry pro waterproof leg protector, spent last summer in cast up to knee and with that i was able to swim and kayak with the kids, also handy if you want a shower:) best of luck with recovery, you can do your 8000 yard recovery swims everyday now:D

Yeah I'll be looking into that alright. Maybe next week when wounds heal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I've been nowhere near logs for a few weeks but I saw the news on the main page. Really sorry to hear about the injury. I know the frustration of missing out on races after a good winters training. But remember, there's always something you can work on.

JB dealt with worse. Ill survive. No training for 8 weeka.

And this should be the forums mantra. No matter how bad it is, JB has gone through worse :)

I showed Dory this pic and she said I had nice legs so I said I would share it here. This is the one I DIDN'T break.

9rhe1y.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I showed Dory this pic and she said I had nice legs so I said I would share it here. This is the one I DIDN'T break.

9rhe1y.jpg

Obviously your mother penned the line ''always make sure your legs are shaved in case you're in an accident, what would the doctors think if ye showed up with hairy legs'' ;)

Reminds me of one of the girls who got knocked off her bike, badly, on a group spin while ago. Her biggest worry at the time was that she doesn't wear knickers under her cycling gear as she got bundled into the ambulance. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

9rhe1y.jpg

You do have great legs!!! ;)

A few questions for you :D.....

If you have to get a cast when you go to the fracture clinic, what color cast will you get?

Will you have the option of getting something waterproof?

If you cannot get something waterproof, will you be incorrigible (hmmm, where have I heard that term before?? :rolleyes:) and take matters into your own hands?

Other than the obvious emotional trauma and disappointment, how are you feeling?

Soooo....no training for 8 weeks...IM in 10 weeks.....are you even thinking what I'm thinking?

Were your toe nails painted? And if so, what color?

Did you once think of Griffin's hairy arse while you were waiting around in the hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Broken leg and broken dream!
    Ah fvk K, i am really really sorry to hear this. Forget about IM right now and focus on healing.
    JB dealt with worse. Ill survive. No training for 8 weeks.
    At the time when people said to me "you will come out a stronger person from all these bad luck experiences" i thought "go and sh1te". But it is true and knowing you this will only be a minor road bump in the grand scheme of things.

JB never had to deal with a broken leg!! in fairness you are giving me a good run for my money for being the SBR bad luck charm:)

Dory Dory wrote: »

If you have to get a cast when you go to the fracture clinic, what color cast will you get?
    Yellow, and I will draw crash test dummy circles on each side.
    Will you have the option of getting something waterproof?
    I have been told no, but that won't stop me. Clingfilm, binbags, I'm working on a plan.
    If you cannot get something waterproof, will you be incorrigible (hmmm, where have I heard that term before?? :rolleyes:) and take matters into your own hands?
    Abso-frickin-loutely
    Other than the obvious emotional trauma and disappointment, how are you feeling?
    Bloody sore.
    Soooo....no training for 8 weeks...IM in 10 weeks.....are you even thinking what I'm thinking?
    No. Its over. Claw back money if I can, try again next year.
    Were your toe nails painted? And if so, what color?
    Unusually, no. My mum is getting that job tomorrow. They will be red!
    Did you once think of Griffin's hairy arse while you were waiting around in the hospital?
    No, but I am now. Thanks for that.

You should be in bed asleep! But hopefully you are now. Night. I hope you can get some rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Really sorry to hear this. Bummer. I know in terms of actual race plans that it's sh*te, but look at like this: it's relatively short-term (I'm just back training properly now for the first time in two and a half years due to illness!), you can use the time to refocus, and with the use of a pull buoy, you might just end up with the strongest upper body in Irish open water swimming by the time the leg is right again!

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Google dry pro waterproof leg protector, spent last summer in cast up to knee and with that i was able to swim and kayak with the kids, also handy if you want a shower:) best of luck with recovery, you can do your 8000 yard recovery swims everyday now:D

I have just ordered one of these, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

I have just ordered one of these, thanks for the heads up.

your more than welcome, best of luck with recovery,oh and fingerless padded cycling gloves come in handy with the crutches:) If the Drypro doesn't arrive let me know and you can have mine, I hope I don't have to use it again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Hi Oryx,

Just thought I would share a similar case of a lesser athlete than you, Dan Martin is his name. He had a bit of a spill off the bike there at the weekend. This is his response to his crash,

" It's the first time I've broken a bone but I'm certain to bounce back better then ever with the circle of support I've had from the team, family, friends and my incredible fan support. As always I strive to find the silver lining. Success will be even sweeter later in the year after such a rough period the last few weeks. Have to take the downs with the ups in this sport so time for a mental reset and I'll be back. "

This probably wont help at all, but you should know the Tri Club here is right behind you (except on mountain runs!!). Its an unfortunate blip but you are mentally strong enough to win this race and come back better later this year. Talk to you soon.

Thanks Bren. That means a lot. Already planning my comeback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

How bad of a break and which bone?

9rhe1y.jpg

Inappropriate to comment that they look like they'd normally be nice legs?

tunney wrote: »
    Inappropriate to comment that they look like they'd normally be nice legs?

Why thank you. Ill take that. Broke the end off the fibula.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Quote:
    No, but I am now. Thanks for that

Anything I can do to help out just let me know ;)

Real sorry to hear that Oryx, freak acidents cant be planned for!! Remember to keep the log going or to start a new one charting your recovery.

griffin100 wrote: »
    Anything I can do to help out just let me know ;)

Real sorry to hear that Oryx, freak acidents cant be planned for!! Remember to keep the log going or to start a new one charting your recovery.

Your hairy arse has been a real tonic. And will be on here no worries :)

Why thank you. Ill take that. Broke the end off the fibula.

Eck. clean break?

tunney wrote: »
    Eck. clean break?

Yes. Im lucky. I walked on it for most of the day but it didn't displace. And it was the pull of the ligament that did it. Would have been worse if the ligament went.

• Advertisement

You got them toenails painted red yet??

Advertisement