Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MaryB30 wrote: »
    Smoooooth. Should be just relaxed enough to saunter around the beast of the east. ( and then regret not training)

You belong in the Izoard school of triathlon training. Why suffer and sweat for weeks when you can just suffer on the day?

Swam this evening. It was a race against time, only got told as I went in that I had a scarce 45 mins before swim club took the pool. But I got my 1800m set done. I had been dreading today, over 3 hours of training along with the school run and work but its done! Much easier day tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Smoooooth. Should be just relaxed enough to saunter around the beast of the east. ( and then regret not training)

Any chance you'll do a write up somewhere? Very interested to hear how the new BotE course works out!

Apologies for taking this off topic - let normal service resume on the panic-o-meter for Wales!

Lovely swim tonight, flat calm and not at all cold. Just two of us out, swimming across the bay. Finished just as the sun set on the horizon. Gorgeous. 1.65k.

Ran this morning. Kept it easy apart from a few strides at the end. I have various aches, pains and niggles which I am putting down to taper induced hypochondria. 11k, pleasant as anything. Though I do still find myself taking a wide berth around potholes and avoiding the tarmac lip at the edge of the road!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Oryx wrote: »
    I have various aches, pains and niggles which I am putting down to taper induced hypochondria.

Its probably gangrene setting in on your broken leg. Or ebola, a lot of that going around at the moment...

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Its probably gangrene setting in on your broken leg. Or ebola, a lot of that going around at the moment...

Oh well. At least its nothing serious then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Oh well. At least its nothing serious then.

Ah, not even a nibble. It's usually fun to wind up the taper-crazed. Can't believe the sense thats got into you these past few months;)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Ah, not even a nibble. It's usually fun to wind up the taper-crazed. Can't believe the sense thats got into you these past few months;)
    It had to happen sometime. But it probably wont last. In fact I plan to have a ridiculously crazy year next year.

Dress rehearsal today. Still not happy with kit choices, but I will go with today's setup anyway if the weather stays as it is.

Couldn't get my head into today's ride. I think I just want this whole saga over with, I'm pretty sick of long solo training rides! So instead of riding along muttering and complaining to myself I took a break and had a cup of tea instead. :) 66k in 2hr35 or so ride time. With a 2k run off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Dress rehearsal today. Still not happy with kit choices, but I will go with today's setup anyway if the weather stays as it is.

Couldn't get my head into today's ride. I think I just want this whole saga over with, I'm pretty sick of long solo training rides! So instead of riding along muttering and complaining to myself I took a break and had a cup of tea instead. :) 66k in 2hr35 or so ride time. With a 2k run off.

Agreed!! Barf. I'm getting ready to head out on my long solo ride and I'm already planning my Almond Snickers Bar break!!! It's the only thing motivating me at this moment.

So, I guess we are officially into your IronMan week. !!!! :)

I guess we are. I hear its windy in wales today!

I guess we are. I hear its windy in wales today!

Road bike is it??

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Road bike is it??

It was always going to be the road bike.

It was always going to be the road bike.

You've GOT to go full aero.

Remember, IM is more about looking good, than anything else...;)

Izoard wrote: »

I don't need to go aero to look good, baby.

I don't need to go aero to look good, baby.

Most of the Euro racing-snake types, go with the classic no-body-hair and Speedos look.

As long as you tick those boxes...

Most of the Euro racing-snake types, go with the classic no-body-hair and Speedos look.

As long as you tick those boxes...

Its Wales. I could wear waders and still tick someone's box.

90 min bike today with 10 min run off.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Its amazing as to how similar our opinions are Izoard. If you are not fast on the bike and you look fast then you are fast. SIMPLES!!;);)

Its all perception. You cant be fast if you dont look fast, or like me two stone over weight.

I can vouch for Oryx being quite fast especially on hills. Where she comes into another world of saddle hugging speed.:):):):)

Its amazing as to how similar our opinions are Izoard. If you are not fast on the bike and you look fast then you are fast. SIMPLES!!;);)

Its all perception. You cant be fast if you dont look fast, or like me two stone over weight.

I can vouch for Oryx being quite fast especially on hills. Where she comes into another world of saddle hugging speed.:):):):)
    The cheque for your ego boosting is in the post. Let's see how much I love hills on Sunday.

• Advertisement

The last time I met Oryx on a hill, she ran off with someone else.

Still getting over it...

The last time I met Oryx on a hill, she ran off with someone else.

Still getting over it...

What, the hill?

What, the hill?

Touché...

Sea swim tonight. Just a brief dip of under a half hour. Strong current up the beach and heavy waves in the face going back made it tough enough. But it was warm and enjoyable enough. My last irish sea swim of the year!!

When I got out I met a guy who had planned to do wales a while back. It didn't work out but he had driven the course. He describes it as 'the course from hell'. Well. That's encouraging....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Time to don the asbestos tri pants so .... a UK friend of mine did IM Wales first year it was on (he's done IM Nice a few times) and described the bike course and support he encountered as awesome. Someones hell is another persons Valhalla ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Hey Oryx, the very best of luck at the weekend, the weather is looking good in Tenby for the weekend so hopefully the stars align and you have a great race

Rest day yesterday. My foot stiffened up over the course of the day. I think it was psychosomatic. :)

40 min turbo today, with a short run off. Then mobility work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Enjoy!!!

Okay, my crazy partner in crime.....remember, this one's for fun! ;):)

• Advertisement

I just wanna get going now :)

Advertisement