Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck this weekend.

There 13 from my club, Tri Lakes, going over to race with 17 supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Hope you get everything you deserve out of this weekend. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes to plan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

One of my favourite sites, the Internet Anagram Server. Enter "IM Wales Oryx", and knew from the first answer you'll be a winner.

Go get 'em, A Sexily Worm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

The very best of luck Oryx - will be keeping a close eye on your progress!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

good luck oryx. whatever happens, enjoy it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Best of luck Oryx!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The worm swam sexily in tenby this morning. A very choppy swim, high swell, enough to make me think 3.8k would have you pretty seasick. Its supposed to worsen tomorrow and who knows sunday. A slow swim from me if so! The chatter over lunch was of a cancelled swim. A duathlon would not suit this cripple! But either way, I'm in and I'll give whatever it is a shot.

A short cycle this afternoon proved the reputation of this race is deserved. Even in the easy area I'm located you go up or down but never flat. It'll be hard! Weather is baking hot so another rejig of clothing choice may be required.

Fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Enjoy, but do remember to come back in one piece please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Best of luck on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Give it hell Oryx, hope you have a great race. With such a crappy year behind you go out there and enjoy yourself start to finish!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Best of luck Oryx, hope you have a good race to swing karma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck Sunday Oryx. You are so inspiring! Im here still not anywhere near getting on a bike and there you are about to do and Ironman! Hope you enjoy it as much as anyone can enjoy an Ironman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

Good luck, enjoy

Didn't swim today but it looks about the same as yesterday. Bike is resting in transition, all bags in place, and I'm resting for the afternoon, before the fun and games in the morning. I am not the craziest person here, met an emotional lady earlier who is doing this as her first ever tri. MAD!

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Best of luck Sunday Oryx. You are so inspiring! Im here still not anywhere near getting on a bike and there you are about to do and Ironman! Hope you enjoy it as much as anyone can enjoy an Ironman :D

I'm going to do some of an ironman ;)

Youll be back soon, I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Swim done.....1:27....splits 41 and 45.....our girl should be very happy with that. Now on bike.....

Halfway through bike....I'm betting the wind is brutal out there....but she's doing us proud!!!

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Halfway through bike....I'm betting the wind is brutal out there....but she's doing us proud!!!

Brilliant stuff - once she made it through the swim, the ironwoman factor will kick in, for the finish....

Through 152 km of bike....this must be one b*tch of a bike course based on the variation of her splits. She's amazing. !!!

Bike done in 7:39 - on the home stretch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Meant to be one of the toughest bike courses, constantly up and down.

She's through 8km of the run, and her pace is exceptional, to be honest. I know this is the part she's been worried about....but she just needs to hang on, listen to the body, and stay smart. Loads of time on her side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Dory Dory wrote: »
    She's through 8km of the run, and her pace is exceptional, to be honest. I know this is the part she's been worried about....but she just needs to hang on, listen to the body, and stay smart. Loads of time on her side.

Bloody hell, she's halfway through the run. Have to admit, I didn't think she'd get this far given the injury. Hat's off, she's one tough lady.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Bloody hell, she's halfway through the run. Have to admit, I didn't think she'd get this far given the injury. Hat's off, she's one tough lady.

Honestly, unless the on-site medical team has to amputate that leg, she's going to finish what she started!!! And even then I wouldn't count her out as long as they are quick about it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Delighted to see she's gotten this far and a finish is inevitable now, hopefully with no further damage to the injury. One tough lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Our toughest hoochie! Come on Kate!

Less than 2.4 freakin kilometers to go. I think I could cry tears of joy for her!!! So, so, so proud of her. She is toughest hoochie ever!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Amazing! Go Kate!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Almost there simply amazing, tough or what:D

• Advertisement

Done!!!! Fab job!!!! :):):)

Advertisement