Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

griffin100 wrote: »
    Well done. I have to admit I was worried you'd end up banjaxing your leg but you raced it sensibly. Reports are that lots dropped out of the swim so well done on getting round that. I'm only a bit miffed that your marathon time was faster than mine :pac: Based on the 2014 IM season I think there's a book somewhere in these logs on how to do an IM off little or no training........

I had heard around 65 were pulled out of the swim, I dont know if that includes the many who missed the cutoff. Last swimmer took 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Saving this for later when I can give it my full attention and respect it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Oryx wrote: »
    No you did not read anywhere that I am contemplating DCM. :)

Ummmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Deadly report, very well done, especially in the context of a recent serious injury.

Have only just found your log - up to page 12 - was this your first IM?

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Deadly report, very well done, especially in the context of a recent serious injury.

Have only just found your log - up to page 12 - was this your first IM?

No I did Austria in 2012. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Great report and an even better performance. Truely inspiring. Congrats on really turning the season around after your heartbreak.

How's the body recovering?

pgibbo wrote: »
    Great report and an even better performance. Truely inspiring. Congrats on really turning the season around after your heartbreak.

How's the body recovering?
    Today I am very tired but not really stiff or anything. Ankle will get some ice later, definitely some tenderness in it that needs tlc. But I got away unscathed. This whole thing has converted me to the benefits of strength work! I think that made all the difference.

I'm taking a few days off all things exercise related and indulging in uncensored eating (currently on wine and crisps :) ) then will get back to some form of low level training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Great report Oryx. Really enjoyed reading it. You certainly deserve the title of Iron Hoochie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

There is certainly nothing ordinary about you. Serious, serious, serious congrats and huge props. I never for a fraction of a second thought you wouldn't finish what you started. Well done Hoochie Supreme!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Great report. Swim sounds like an interesting experience!

Well done and get rested and ready now for next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Thanks for the report, enjoyed the read and it glossed over how bloody tough you are! Well done! New challenges next year ?;)

Thanks for the report, enjoyed the read and it glossed over how bloody tough you are! Well done! New challenges next year ?;)
    Four lovely little adventures lined up so far. But this time I'm crossing my fingers and running in bubble wrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Just read ur report there Kate. Fantastic! You make me want to do IM Wales! And trust me, I had decided to never do one! Well done girl. No words can describe how inspiring you are.

Yawn...
    Stretch...

Well, thats the lazy bit done. Almost two weeks of almost nothing. Except eating that is. It was quite nice living like a normal person. Just a little bit of mobility work (foot seizes up and aches if I neglect it) and some spinning on the turbo. Got out on the bike for an hour on Monday, and did the club swim Tuesday. But took both very easy. The last few weeks before Wales were a slog, I was hating training, but I can feel the love coming back now. Time to start ticking over in base mode again.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Yawn...
    Stretch...

Well, thats the lazy bit done. Almost two weeks of almost nothing. Except eating that is. It was quite nice living like a normal person. Just a little bit of mobility work (foot seizes up and aches if I neglect it) and some spinning on the turbo. Got out on the bike for an hour on Monday, and did the club swim Tuesday. But took both very easy. The last few weeks before Wales were a slog, I was hating training, but I can feel the love coming back now. Time to start ticking over in base mode again.

i cant find my mojo since copenhagen,tried a run or 2 and they were just awful, i'm an eating and drinking machine for the last 4 odd weeks :D bringing daughter to her 1st Aquathon on sunday so hopefully i will find my mojo while watching her compete

Motivational talk last night with Gerry Duffy and my club heroine. Inspiring stuff from both of them, though I still fail to see any appeal in a deca ironman. If I want crocked knees Ill take my time getting them.

With my motivation peaked, I did my first autumn early swim today. 5.30 starts begin again! The swims are later this year (7am) but all that means is I have to get everything done at home before I go. This swim was easy, started off doing my 'easy' build session, but swapped the building 100s for some work with paddles. 50mins 1500m of concentration on good form.

Nice cycle today. 80 mins taking some friends who are newish to bikes on an interval set. Chatty and good fun. Hope they thought so too :)

Short run today. First since wales. Slow with various niggles, including the one I'm watching most, a ligament at the side of my ankle. Its only now that proper, careful, longterm training will start. The whole IM thing was just something to focus on while things looked bleak. :)

Hour bike today. Easy peasy. I hope I don't get too used to this.

Club swim. Good craic. Did the whole set but ignored the clock. The coach we have right now is great. Lots of effective advice.

• Advertisement

Tried a little run tonight. My run fitness is so poor its like starting all over. So slow. All the niggles I had in the first year of running are back too - IT band misery and cramping calves. But I look forward to getting the running back. I have all winter.

Early swim. Alternating fc, kick, paddle & pull. Slow, methodical, thinking about what I'm doing, while letting sleep seep out of my brain. Alone in the lane the whole time, just the young club swimmers darting past next door. As I was told last week, I don't have to do this. I get to do this. :)

Easy 7k run yesterday. Ran and chatted with a few others and it was nice. Ive been neglecting my mobility stuff tho, so my leg ached all day afterwards.

Headed out on the bike today. Meant to do an hour but it was short of that. 20 mins into the ride it pelted with rain. The wind was high too and with deep rims still on the bike I felt pretty unstable. :) Did a few of the climbs close to home then called it a (wet) day.

My last official 'day off', my three weeks unstructured are up today. Back on a schedule tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Whats this day off thing???. I thought you were back on schedule:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Oh FFS I am going into hibernation.:eek: Swimming tomorrow and all:eek::eek::eek::eek:

MaryB30 wrote: »
    Whats this day off thing???. I thought you were back on schedule:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Oh FFS I am going into hibernation.:eek: Swimming tomorrow and all:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Youll do as you're told then! :)

Short bike and a run off today, with some mobility work afterwards. Also got bullied by the physio beast today, my it band is crocked and its hurting my knee. He made me swear but hopefully the leg will be better from it.

Is The Race, the A race in 2015, or there is something else?

Izoard wrote: »
    Is The Race, the A race in 2015, or there is something else?
    No, its not. I'm doing it because its the sort of thing that I like to do, long endurance stuff. It motivates me to train. :)

I have a bone to pick in the UK next year. Thats the A.

No, its not. I'm doing it because its the sort of thing that I like to do, long endurance stuff. It motivates me to train. :)

I have a bone to pick in the UK next year. Thats the A.

That makes sense - didn't figure you were the sort of girl to have 2015 wrapped up by March...;)

• Advertisement

Izoard wrote: »
    That makes sense - didn't figure you were the sort of girl to have 2015 wrapped up by March...;)
    Even July seems a little early for me!

Advertisement