Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Norseman is on your bucket list isn't it Kate? One of the girls on our Ras squad did it this summer. I didnt get a chance to quiz her on it this weekend but she seemed very humble about it all. I must get more info next time I see her.

I do want to do it, id be keen to know how she managed to get the slot! Im not strong enough yet though. Need to do some harder IMs before it, so I know I could do it justice.

Ran on Saturday. 1 hour.

Turbo Sunday. Had to start while it was still dark so hence indoors. 2hr15 of monotony.

Cycle today. 90 mins. 20 min run off. Loved it.

Todays home made cheat treat is date and walnut cake. :)

Homemade circuits this morning, and a great pool swim tonight. Short 80% intervals 50s, 75s, 100s. 1800m total with lots of hands on coaching. This girl spots everything and as usual seems to be in ten places at once.

The last of the yummy but good for you cake went today, and the rest of the diet for the day was all clean, real food. No wonder I feel better. You really are what you eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Question: how do you find time to do all the training you do Oryx and still bake cakes and cook?? Seriously need to get some time management skills!!

Was it Wales Ironman you did this summer ? Not your first I take if you are thinking of doing Norseman!! Saw one of the videos, and oh wow!!! Hard core it's all I can say!!!

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    Question: how do you find time to do all the training you do Oryx and still bake cakes and cook?? Seriously need to get some time management skills!!

Was it Wales Ironman you did this summer ? Not your first I take if you are thinking of doing Norseman!! Saw one of the videos, and oh wow!!! Hard core it's all I can say!!!
    How do I find time? My house is filthy ;) I dont cook much, its beans on toast a good bit! But I do get up early I guess.

I did Wales. Good fun. Just my second IM. But second of many I hope. Norseman is a pipe dream. A long way off I think!

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    How do I find time? My house is filthy ;) I dont cook much, its beans on toast a good bit! But I do get up early I guess.

I did Wales. Good fun. Just my second IM. But second of many I hope. Norseman is a pipe dream. A long way off I think!

Hehehe, my house is filthy too, I do cook a lot (I enjoy it anyway, and it's the only way to know what the kids are eating when I am not here, if it was for the husband they will be eating beans on toast 7 days a week!), usually have a couple of meals in freezer..but obviously it takes time a lot of time!!! We are 5 at home, the husband , the kids, the au pair and myself..so there is always so much stuff to do. Couple that with the fact that I am a bit OCD when it comes to housestuff and that my kids are glued to me the minute I walk home till they go to bed, my time is very limited! However, I am grateful that I can go running at lunch time. There is a great running community where I work , so it helps!!

Which one was your first IM?...because of all the swimming I've been doing several work collegues/ friends/ boss have mentioned the IM to me.....and putting ideas in my head!!!
    My time is going to be very limited this year as well as my dear husband is training for his own stuff....channel relay swim...but I guess as long as someone can mind the girls, I can go swimming with him (he's a f***ing fish that one!)...

You have an au pair? (shakes fist at unfair life)
    Jeez woman no excuse for ya ;)

I did Austria 2012. A lifetime ago. :)

You have an au pair? (shakes fist at unfair life)
    Jeez woman no excuse for ya ;)

Sometimes au pair=another child in the house. While she's not too bad, I find myself having to repeat things several times, so I end up doing the stuff rather than having to explain it again and again!! Again, kids glued to me from the moment I get home till I put them down!!! So by the time they are slept, I go downstairs, tidy after dinner, cook for the day after, clothes ready for the day after, etc etc etc. ah, a lot of time gets spend on boards/facebook/ whatsapp etc etc!!! so yeah, no excuse!!

Jezz, 2012 was only yesterday, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

its beans on toast a good bit!

In case you need to know this, I don't eat beans. Toast, yes -buttered, preferably. But beans, no. ;):)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    In case you need to know this, I don't eat beans. Toast, yes -buttered, preferably. But beans, no. ;):)

Note to self: Learn to cook by February.

• Advertisement

Rest day Wednesday.

Turbo yesterday. High cad, very doable. Though my rear tyre had a puncture and in spite of checking the tyre for pokey things I punctured a second tube, so I changed for another old tyre, all good. Gah!

Swim this morning. The set called for a band, which I don't have, and I didn't bring a tie of any sort (plus on my own in the pool at 6.30am I don't want to drown, either) so I just crossed my feet. And sank. I'm grand with pb, but without, my legs sink like a stone. Poor stroke rhythm, youtube tells me. Something to work on anyway. Strength set, 2.5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Blonde Education: Lesson 1, Lateral Thinking
    Rest day Wednesday.

Turbo yesterday. High cad, very doable. Though my rear tyre had a puncture and in spite of checking the tyre for pokey things I punctured a second tube, so I changed for another old tyre, all good. Gah!

Swim this morning. The set called for a band, which I don't have, and I didn't bring a tie of any sort (plus on my own in the pool at 6.30am I don't want to drown, either) so I just crossed my feet. And sank. I'm grand with pb, but without, my legs sink like a stone. Poor stroke rhythm, youtube tells me. Something to work on anyway. Strength set, 2.5k.

The tubes are getting reused not cut up, dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

The tubes are getting reused not cut up, dammit!

Ok... underneath all my bald there's a blonde struggling to understand... but I thought reusing tubes is a no-no (more likely to re-puncture)? I could well be mistaken though!

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Ok... underneath all my bald there's a blonde struggling to understand... but I thought reusing tubes is a no-no (more likely to re-puncture)? I could well be mistaken though!
    I'm on an economy drive. They're good conti tubes. If it was a bad area on the tyre that did it they should be fine. Though I didnt find anything. Ill let you know if they cause problems!

Dont worry, I got a rim tape in work, am now good. In future I just need to read my swim schedule in time to organise these things!

What is the purpose of the band? I've seen people using it in the pool sometimes. Is it to avoid scissors legs/ float higher in the water?

PS: cooking is not that difficult!!

]
    What is the purpose of the band? I've seen people using it in the pool sometimes. Is it to avoid scissors legs/ float higher in the water?

PS: cooking is not that difficult!!
    In my experience it is to help you drown effectively, but I believe it is to make your stroke more efficient in order to keep your legs up and prevent said drowning. ;)

In my experience it is to help you drown effectively, but I believe it is to make your stroke more efficient in order to keep your legs up and prevent said drowning. ;)

But you won't drown in open water with a wetsuit ;)

But you won't drown in open water with a wetsuit ;)
    Dont test me. :D

50 min easy run tonight. 8.9k. Legs are still not used to this yet.

• Advertisement

50 min easy run tonight. 8.9k. Legs are still not used to this yet.

Can't wait till the day that I can call a 50 min 8.9km run easy!!!!

Another run this morning. An hour, 10.9k with 30 mins build. Not supposed to go mad tho, so was all kept pretty reasonable pace. Much as I would love to be doing DCM on monday, I'm glad I'm not. It would be tough on these legs :) Next year tho, for sure!

2.5 hour bike. Refreshingly windy out but a narrow rim on the front made things steadier. At on point I could see two guys in the distance. Every hill I would gain on them, every flat theyd get away again. Never caught them... not enough hills! Gotta figure out this sprinting on the flat thing. Time trial anyone?

58k roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

2.5 hour bike. Refreshingly windy out but a narrow rim on the front made things steadier. At on point I could see two guys in the distance. Every hill I would gain on them, every flat theyd get away again. Never caught them... not enough hills! Gotta figure out this sprinting on the flat thing. Time trial anyone?

58k roughly.

Did you reel them in overall?
    So your power to weight was better. For flat its just about power. BG work and VO2 sessions :)

So your power to weight was better. For flat its just about power. BG work and VO2 sessions :)
    I have no pm or vo2 stats to work from but ill talk to my coach and see watts what. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Such a clever girl. ;)

Hour and a half on the bike today. Followed by 20 min hill run. Felt good. Very windy out again but I quite enjoy digging in and battling it.

Easy swim tonight. Build #4, 1800m with 6x 100m as the main set. Very enjoyable, breezed through it the time flew.

Had mobility and circuits this morning. 3x 10 squat jumps convinced me I really don't want a vice penalty for eating chocolate....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

See I don't get this. I'm better on uphills and will overtake people but they'll get me on downhills and flats.
    I am not light... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

See I don't get this. I'm better on uphills and will overtake people but they'll get me on downhills and flats.
    I am not light... :confused:

Hows your bike handling skills on the flat ?:D

Advertisement