Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Can I suggest a little safety pin to hold the strap in place?

Pin it to your bra not your chest ideally ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

AKW wrote: »

I need different sports bras, clearly :) I also need the new type strap, this ones the old half plastic one. Awkward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can I suggest they make these things to fit the bodies of the people who will be wearing them? :p

Oryx wrote: »
    I need different sports bras, clearly :) I also need the new type strap, this ones the old half plastic one. Awkward.

That's the one I have. Was going to buy the new for for that exact reason but recokn is have same problem!

If it had silicone like the legs of shorts do it would probably be better. But yeah theyre not designed for skinny ribs!

Can I suggest they make these things to fit the bodies of the people who will be wearing them? :p

They do, you get loads of different back sizes and cups too!! :p

BTW a lot of men have the same issue with the strap sliding too. Shape of rib cage has a lot to do with it sliding down. I've chaffing that would put any Shock Absorber to shame (not chaffing from a man-bra either!!) :)

• Advertisement

If it had silicone like the legs of shorts do it would probably be better. But yeah theyre not designed for skinny ribs!

Good idea.

That or get one of the piercing places to surgically embed two pop buttons into the chest so you can do away with the strap altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

But yeah theyre not designed for skinny ribs!

Mine doesn't slip once I tuck it under my bra. No skinny ribs here though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I think it's all about the bra. The bottom band needs to be wide enough, sturdy enough, and tight enough for it to work for me. I'd be glad to bring a bag full of bras over in 9 weeks :eek:, just PM me sizes and I'll place a big old bra order!!! :D;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I think it's all about the bra. The bottom band needs to be wide enough, sturdy enough, and tight enough for it to work for me. I'd be glad to bring a bag full of bras over in 9 weeks :eek:, just PM me sizes and I'll place a big old bra order!!! :D;)
    Funniest offer ever seen on this forum :)

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Ha ha I read that as Dory will bring you over her big old bras!

Solobally8 wrote: »

That's funny!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Solobally8 wrote: »

Me too!!!!

Funniest but best. Oh my god why did I not think of this. I can only get mine online (or in cork)...*cough* AKW *cough* :D

BTW....no way would mine read if I stuck it under my bra band. It'd be too high and it wouldn't stick -that and I wouldn't want to take away from the support it offers! though someone told me to wear a crop top over my bra and stick it under that.

Funniest but best. Oh my god why did I not think of this. I can only get mine online (or in cork)...*cough* AKW *cough* :D

BTW....no way would mine read if I stuck it under my bra band. It'd be too high and it wouldn't stick -that and I wouldn't want to take away from the support it offers! though someone told me to wear a crop top over my bra and stick it under that.

Benylin would take care of that cough for ya! ; )

I've been blasting out deals on Moving Comfort the past yonks on Twitter no idea how you missed it!! Happily look after the lot of you.

This gets more like a Carry On film with every post.

I went swimming with the club tonight, and no bra was required. :) Short speedy fc intervals with matching bc recovery. It was hateful. 2250 all told, I missed the last 150 rep.

The chat afterwards in the changing room was about the liberal german attitude towards nudity. It seems everyone's chucking their bras away today.

Benylin would take care of that cough for ya! ; )

I've been blasting out deals on Moving Comfort the past yonks on Twitter no idea how you missed it!! Happily look after the lot of you.

I don't wear moving comfort :p

So yeah, oryx great training :pac:

Quirky, yet serious, offer. Sure, on my last two visits I brought chocolate from New York....this time it could be bras from lululemon. :D My two fave (heart rate strap friendly) bras are:
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/bras-light-support/Energy-Bra-32925?cc=16213&skuId=3577937&catId=bras-light-support
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/bras-medium-support/All-Sport-Bra?cc=4278&skuId=3577340&catId=bras-medium-support

This gets more like a Carry On film with every post.

I went swimming with the club tonight, and no bra was required. :) Short speedy fc intervals with matching bc recovery. It was hateful. 2250 all told, I missed the last 150 rep.

The chat afterwards in the changing room was about the liberal german attitude towards nudity. It seems everyone's chucking their bras away today.

Ladies, gravity is not our friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Quirky, yet serious, offer. Sure, on my last two visits I brought chocolate from New York....this time it could be bras from lululemon. :D My two fave (heart rate strap friendly) bras are:
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/bras-light-support/Energy-Bra-32925?cc=16213&skuId=3577937&catId=bras-light-support
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/bras-medium-support/All-Sport-Bra?cc=4278&skuId=3577340&catId=bras-medium-support
    I think I was about 12 the last time I could get away with leaving the house in "light support" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

I think I was about 12 the last time I could get away with leaving the house in "light support" :pac:

Yeah, same here!!!

• Advertisement

Is the boob talk over now?...... good..... :)

Rest day Wednesday. Though I did a bit of S&M catchup. Have been neglecting this, and it showed, pullups were gone back to 'really tough' again.

Turbo Thursday. Had to do this one alone, but actually it was easier, as I didn't have to call the session to everyone else while trying not to sound pooped. Lots of high cadence intervals, which I always find tough. 60mins. Then I was supposed to do 10 mins run off the bike. Pitch dark, no batteries in head torch. Awkward. Ended up doing 13 laps around the house, which felt a little crazy, but meant I did the session as prescribed.

Friday, early swim. Strength session. Very hard on the shoulders today, it included 1k of paddles. I then had 4x 50 band, these are still terrible but definitely improving. It felt like a very long session as the main set was broken into 500s, up to now I've been doing 400s or lower. I thought I would never get through it, but like everything, you break it into bite sized pieces and it gets done. 2.5k 70 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

boob talk
    Oryx wrote:
    I did a bit of S&M
    Oryx wrote:
    no batteries
    Oryx wrote:
    Awkward
    Oryx wrote:
    Very hard on the shoulders
    Oryx wrote:
    paddles.

No wonder this forum is trending on the 'net :D

MojoMaker wrote: »
    No wonder this forum is trending on the 'net :D
    All of a sudden the mix of forums I moderate begins to make sense.

Oh, and you missed the bit where I like to tie my feet together.

So this evening I decided to work up a sweat, get really breathless, and push hard till my body ached. I tried doing it different ways, but found that steady pounding worked best. By the end I was soaking wet but could have gone on muuuch longer.

Actually it was 7.75k easy in 44 minutes, with drills, but if you're going to see innuendo in it anyway I might as well just write it that way. :)

Finally, an appropriate place to post this. Happy holidays!!! :)

Yes, it was a bit nippy out this morning! :)

Out at daybreak for another run. Took it carefully, the ground was coated in frost, and slippy as hell in places. Because of that, this run was done easy but I did slot in my 6x strides as I was supposed to.

I live on a hill that's the highest point in the area, and as I went over the crest of it, I could see clear into the next county. The sun was just coming up, everything dusted in white, with a mist hanging over the mountains miles away. It was one of those moments you think - god I'm glad I do this. :) I love running in sub zero temps anyway, there's something so fresh about it. I probably should put a polar marathon on my bucket list!

11k today, it took just over an hour but I did stop to admire that awesome view for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Very well described, sounds like a great run. Did you catch that spectacular sunset over the Sunny South East tonight?

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Very well described, sounds like a great run. Did you catch that spectacular sunset over the Sunny South East tonight?

Nope. Stuck in the cave office at work. Its why I try to catch the sunrise when I can. :)

Early bike again today. Out in the dark and the rain. I was glad there was no frost though. That would scare me. This was a longer ride than I was scheduled to do but the route appealed and I couldn't resist. The wind was foul on the outward leg, out onto the hook peninsula. We had a long 'two coffee' break though, and with the wind behind us heading back it was like having an engine. Ended up as 85k in 3hr 40.

• Advertisement

Ran this morning on quite tired legs that still have messed up calves. Hey ho. Get on with it anyway. This was 75 mins with 20 min tempo in the middle. I found it very hard to have any kind of speed for the tempo, roughly hm pace was all I could muster. Legs weren't having it. But as is normal for me, the longer I go the easier it gets. In spite of the outward leg being downhill a lot, and the tempo done during it, I still did an even split, out and back. It seems to take me a half hour to warm up! 14.15k 75 mins.

Advertisement