Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

BTH wrote: »
    Can't have been worse than the smell of Guinness you'd have got off me if you'd hung around the last time we met :)
    Oh the fragrant comment was entirely complimentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh the fragrant comment was entirely complimentary.

Really :confused:
    I figured you were referring to my joke about you guys leaving McGrattans as soon as I walked in because of the smell of me :o

I'll take that though :D

I figured you were referring to my joke about you guys leaving McGrattans as soon as I walked in because of the smell of me :o

I was reliably told you smell nice :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Why was someone sniffing BTH....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

It was a reference to my comment that you smelled good when we hugged goodbye. You did smell good!!!! Fresh!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Tony Stark

Sorry to have missed you Dory, maybe next time you can come for a spin with Oryx and Myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Why was someone sniffing BTH....
    Dory Dory wrote: »
    It was a reference to my comment that you smelled good when we hugged goodbye. You did smell good!!!! Fresh!! ;)

Great , now I'm going to have all the girls sniffing me pre-race this season. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

I don't know if the most helpful and encouraging Pointer will come back next time, but I sincerely hope so.

Only catching up on your log now, but I could be persuaded (food is always a good incentive).

On another totally unrelated note, I ran Carrickbyrne Hill (behind the Cedar Lodge on the New Ross road) on Monday and it's well worth a look sometime if you fancy a change of scenery, very tough for a couple of hundred metres in the middle (mucky, rooty & very steep) but a nice run, good for the soul and not too far from you. It's quite small, (4 kms a lap) but nearly impossible to go wrong or get lost because of that.

• Advertisement

pointer28 wrote: »
    Only catching up on your log now, but I could be persuaded (food is always a good incentive).

On another totally unrelated note, I ran Carrickbyrne Hill (behind the Cedar Lodge on the New Ross road) on Monday and it's well worth a look sometime if you fancy a change of scenery, very tough for a couple of hundred metres in the middle (mucky, rooty & very steep) but a nice run, good for the soul and not too far from you. It's quite small, (4 kms a lap) but nearly impossible to go wrong or get lost because of that.
    Ok, wrong week to ask my legs about that, but it sounds good and I will consider it once theyre recovered, whenever that is. Sure we could make it a date maybe!

Yeah, I though it might be but I said I'd let you know about it before I forgot all about it.

Funnily enough, I had no intentions until I passed it on Sunday evening, checked it out on the Coillte website and just happened to have my trail shoes in the car from MTB'ing on Sunday.

I'm down most weeks, usually Mon/Tues but it's movable.

This was an exhausting but really good weekend. Along with about 13 hours of driving, a little ultra, and some mountain biking, I did a quick spin on the turbo, a kettlebell lesson and a swim in the 50m pool in UCD (fabulous pool!). I am now tired. But I've been worse. Just over 2 weeks to the Race now. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Funnily enough some colleagues and I are making a plan to run this once a week. Small laps make just over 8km from car park to car park with 3 laps in between. Nice run alright.

I had an easy 30 minute run on the schedule this morning. It felt like I was wearing ankle weights throughout. But I took it easy, and ended up nearer 40 mins for my 6.75k route. Id like to say it was nice to be back out running, I'd like to, but I can't. :)

And my transformation into trigeek is complete. I am now wearing calf compression sleeves in work. I never imagined I would go that far. :)

I had trigger point needling on both calves last night. Have you ever had trigger point needling done on both calves and then tried to walk? It was a new and interesting experience. From 50k runner to little old lady in one physio session. They are much better today though, I can straighten my legs again, and walk rather than hobble.

Swam this morning, a 3k set and I was pushed for time, so I didn't faff about. Breaks were short. I cramped a bit in my feet (to be expected) but otherwise it went ok, apart from 4x 25m band. I haven't done band for a few weeks and I really struggled. Its just like starting all over again. Sigh. Set took 70 minutes, and technically I doubt it was my best ever swim, but at least it got done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had trigger point needling on both calves last night. Have you ever had trigger point needling done on both calves and then tried to walk? It was a new and interesting experience. From 50k runner to little old lady in one physio session. They are much better today though, I can straighten my legs again, and walk rather than hobble.

Had it on my glutes before, couldn't sit down on the bus home from the physio... :eek: Great stuff though once you get past that!

Yes I did. I hobbled to the car park laughing and crying at the same time. People would have thought I was having a nervous breakdown.

And for that reason I dont do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Yes I did. I hobbled to the car park laughing and crying at the same time. People would have thought I was having a nervous breakdown.

And for that reason I dont do it.

Did you laugh during the session?? I couldn't stop laughing at times last Monday with Oryx's friend, the Beast. I warned him I'm a bit ticklish. :D

Not to sound too fifty shades .. I did laugh during but the next time I told the Beast no more needles, so he got at me with an Olive oil bottle. Again the car park was an issue.

• Advertisement

@ Dory: till tears ran down my face. Or maybe there were just tears....

@Tony: I have no words.

What a great morning. Icy roads, clear skies, bright sunshine. Clean cold and fresh. Perfect for an easy jog. :) I was under instructions to just do as much as felt ok, up to an hour. I wore an (empty) borrowed backpack to see how it felt and if it is workable for the race. It was light and comfortable so all good there.

Fifteen minutes into my run I met a cute pocket sized terrier who was very excited to see me and clearly lost. No nametags so I did what softies do, picked him up and tried to find someone in the locality who was up and about who would take this little stray from me. At the third house I found an early rising gent out at his bins, who took lil puppy and promised him breakfast. :) And I resumed my run.

My calves are still tight, and I had a few niggles elsewhere, but I felt surprisingly light on my feet today and the run went well. 11.25k in 1.08 which may include a few 'rehoming puppy' minutes. :)

Hi K,

Just looking at results from last year's Blackstairs Adventure Race and noticed familiar name in 2nd Female Spot.

Was this you and if so, would you recommend the race?

Hi K,

Just looking at results from last year's Blackstairs Adventure Race and noticed familiar name in 2nd Female Spot.

Was this you and if so, would you recommend the race?
    Yes it was me and yes I would recommend it. The organisers care, the whole community really gets involved, and it shows. The two runs are the trickiest bits, lots of steep inclines and rough ground. Bike sections are undulating but nothing terrible. A few torn up sections with poor surfaces. I have an entry this year, I hope I can fit it in!

Perfect, sounds just like what I was looking for.

Did you do the 7 steps Oryx?

Came second in the 7 Steps if you don't mind!

Yup. 7 steps. But the last step is a jog around a playing field! 6 steps and a little trot!

Yup. 7 steps. But the last step is a jog around a playing field! 6 steps and a little trot!

I'll train for 6 and a bit and tell everyone I did 7 so.

Wasn't certain I'd do it but I think my mind's made up now.

• Advertisement

So if Saturday was puppy love, today was a doggy disaster. I had hill reps to do (12 in total) but an alsation who lives on the hill took grave offence to me running past his gate time after time. In fact he got pretty furious and took to chasing me making nips each time I passed. So my reps and recovery were interspersed with shouting, shooing and arm waving to get rid of crazy mutt. You can usually tell if a dog is a barker or a biter, this guy was definitely the latter. Eventually I picked up a big stick and ran with that. He got the message.

I had bailed on Sundays cycle, it was pouring rain and I felt fluey, so I had stayed indoors and sweat out a two hour turbo instead. But today was brighter and so was I so I did my 90 min cycle on the roads. The strong wind was either friend or foe and it made things challenging at times. I rode with another local chap for a few minutes when we happened on each other, he had the oddest habit of actually reaching over and pushing me forward if we needed to go single file. Wtf?

Advertisement