Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel investors for new start ups and Irish Investment Network website

Options
  • 27-03-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All

Crunch here the captain of a potiential new start-up

I have some ideas for some stuff i want to get off the ground, looking for a bit of seed and working capitial. The sector is niche and risky, now what i would love to hear is some views on people in relation to seeking out new venture angel investors and peoples views on the following site irish investor network.

The business model is entrepreneurs submit a proposal and investors come back who are interested in funding. here is the kicker through the entrepreneur has to pay large fees to the website to access the contact details of the angel investor. I have submitted a proposal and have one investor interested who is based in norfolk island of all places, a tiny island to the east of australia.

Now i am left with dilemma do i pay money to get investor contacts or is this just a scam to pay for some suppose email address and number that when tried may not even exist or just bounce. Has anyone used this website as a entrepreneur

http://www.irishinvestmentnetwork.ie/entrepreneur

Any feedback or is it just a dodgy site to scam people out of money. Its ha crunch time for me as regards maybe replying (proposal on site for 90 days max)

Thanks for any views recieved:)

CCrunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I suppose it depends on what sort of figures they are quoting you for sending your investors contact details.

I was registered as an investor on this site and the last time I used it (maybe 2 years ago now) I was charged €27 for the contact details of the person looking for money.

If this investor is really interested they would easily pay this fee for your contact details (and claim it as an expense later), so I would advise you to use other means of finding Angel investors. I never use this site anymore to find new talents.

More posters will be along here soon with other options for seeking funding, hope this helps.

Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Captain Crunch1

Hi Fionn

and any other viewers here is the link the rates this website is charging people to access investor contact details, 178 euro minimum. A bit steep i think for a email address.

http://www.irishinvestmentnetwork.ie/entrepreneur/67

Your point about being charged 27 euro as a investor is new, they dont seem to advertise that on the site-that investors have to pay a fee for contact details. They only mention that Entrepreneurs pay a fee. Any more points on this people might like to make.

CC

Hi Fionn

and any other viewers here is the link the rates this website is charging people to access investor contact details, 178 euro minimum. A bit steep i think for a email address.

http://www.irishinvestmentnetwork.ie/entrepreneur/67

Your point about being charged 27 euro as a investor is new, they dont seem to advertise that on the site-that investors have to pay a fee for contact details. They only mention that Entrepreneurs pay a fee. Any more points on this people might like to make.

CC

Its worth punt. I would be using the UK site though not the Irish one because theres a lot more people on the investors side.

Advertisement