Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[GADGET] Swimovate New HRM Watch

Options
  • 27-03-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭

So Swimovate are soon releasing this. An alternative to the Garmin Swim, Swimsense and whatever other swim watches are out there. As far as I am aware this is the first one with a HRM, I'm sure there has already been other failed attempts. So question is - is it worth getting, especially if you already have a watch (or two) for swim purposes? I wonder if Garmin has any plans to do HR for swimming.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

So Swimovate are soon releasing this. An alternative to the Garmin Swim, Swimsense and whatever other swim watches are out there. As far as I am aware this is the first one with a HRM, I'm sure there has already been other failed attempts. So question is - is it worth getting, especially if you already have a watch (or two) for swim purposes? I wonder if Garmin has any plans to do HR for swimming.

I take it the HR is done via the wrist ? From what i've been told it still isn't as accutrate as the chest strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I take it the HR is done via the wrist ? From what i've been told it still isn't as accutrate as the chest strap.

It would seem a chest strap actually and it can be used for running as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

From my experience of using Polar for swimming unless you are wearing a wetsuit or similar top for a pool the strap will creep down your body and annoy the hell out of you as it drops signal.

For years Polar analogue or Hybrid based HRM's can and do read HRM data, this is the first with swim data collected too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

You used to be able to get straps to connect to the HR strap to go over the shoulders to stop the hr strap being round your belly when you push off the wall. Bit annoying though.

What happened to the good old fashioned swim clock on the wall of the pool - take your pulse for 10s between reps and just remember the set in your head that you did!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Mr Tango wrote: »
    You used to be able to get straps to connect to the HR strap to go over the shoulders to stop the hr strap being round your belly when you push off the wall. Bit annoying though.

What happened to the good old fashioned swim clock on the wall of the pool - take your pulse for 10s between reps and just remember the set in your head that you did!!

They keep forgetting to change the batteries in the clock at my pool :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

They keep forgetting to change the batteries in the clock at my pool :rolleyes:

You just go there the few times a year the clock isn't working. Get there more regularly!!! :D :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

At least you have a clock at your pool.

Advertisement