Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to play bass for Machine Head?

• 27-03-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Machine Head will begin the process of searching for a temporary bassist replacement for this summer’s Mayhem Festival in the U.S. Interested in trying out? For a limited time the band will accept and review YouTube submissions....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/machine-head-auditions-20130327

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What are the chances of a professional, international band selecting someone from a YouTube video?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    What are the chances of a professional, international band selecting someone from a YouTube video?!

Didn't Journey pick Arnel Pineda from seeing him on a youtube vid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Pretty sure reading that Slayer auditioned people for drums based on submitted videos prior to Lombardo rejoining. Obviously didn't sign anone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That is one hell of an opportunity for anybody who wants it bad enough,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm gonna drop them an email and tell them I might be able to slot them in but I'm pretty busy these days. Reel 'em in like.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna drop them an email and tell them I might be able to slot them in but I'm pretty busy these days. Reel 'em in like.

Aye, you have to make them want you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

They know where i am if they want me, i make a big noise and it's mostly in time and in key

i look roadworn myself so should fit right in.

Keen on the drink and accepted my fate without the wimmin 'cause i'm the bass player

I can also do indecipherable vocals which, whilst indispensable now, saw me without a gig in the early nineties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Would a Harlem shake video submission suffice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

No that's too much bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Christian Olde Wolbers is auditioning for Machine Head

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188150

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brilliant :D.

And the new Machine Head bassist is Jared MacEachern.
    He used to be the guitarist and vocalist for this totally mediocre band called Sanctity, who released one album on Roadrunner and then promptly fell apart. He also filled in for former MH bassist Adam Duce when Duce was injured in 2007…

Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Now that Machine Head have their new bass player nailed down, hopefully they will come back firing on all cylinders - new album and tour date

(Still kinda sucks that Adam Duce decided to jump ship :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Now that Machine Head have their new bass player nailed down, hopefully they will come back firing on all cylinders - new album and tour date

(Still kinda sucks that Adam Duce decided to jump ship :()

Well he didn't really jump, he was pushed!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

been a fan since day one, but cannot get excited about this announcement.
    With Robb being the only original member its sounds like they are falling apart.
    Was hoping for a high profile bass player along the lines of Christian Olde Wolbers,
    someone with a proven track record and a stage presence like Adam had.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Advertisement