Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a butcher that sells horse meat in Dublin

Options
  • 27-03-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I have a guest coming for dinner and in her country they eat a lot of horse meat. It can be fried like a steak and is supposed to be nice and very good for you. Is there anywhere that sells it ? I also have a request for Goat but maybe that's going a bit far ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Never seen it. Why would a guest that eats a lot of horsemeat normally want it when abroad? Surely something more irish would be of interest to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

adamski8 wrote: »
    Never seen it. Why would a guest that eats a lot of horsemeat normally want it when abroad? Surely something more irish would be of interest to them?
    They live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Go to tescos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

From 2010
    Minder wrote: »
    Try

Irish Horse Abattoir Trading Co Ltd

Telephone Number: 01-6288454

Address:
    Turnings Lower Staffan
    Naas Co. Kildare

I don't know if they are still trading. There is also a horse abattoir in Kilkenny. All the meats in these abattoirs are slaughtered for export - but they may be able to accomodate you.

BF Meats, Dungannon also process horse meat for both animal feed and human consumption.

BF Meats
    16 Northland Row
    Dungannon, IRL BT71 6AP
    028 8772 2988

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a guy that sells it in Templebar on a Saturday, not sure if he's there this time of year. I doubt any horse eater will turn down a decent beef steak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

adamski8 wrote: »
    Why would a guest that eats a lot of horsemeat
    reading the OP again he only said comes from a country where a lot is eaten. I would try and make sure they do actually like it, and how it is cooked etc.

I remember being in china and the host giving me a bag of luke warm UHT milk (a floppy bag like you would get raisins in) and a tin of goose pate for breakfast. All the others were having lovely looking noodles & dim sum and other stuff. They had obviously gone out of their way to get me something they figured I liked, but which I found repulsive.

There is probably a lot more interest in horse meat so should be easier to get now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think you'll have more luck with this in the Dublin City forum.
    Moved from Food & Drink.

I think you'll have more luck with this in the Dublin City forum.
    Moved from Food & Drink.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Big Davey wrote: »
    I have a guest coming for dinner and in her country they eat a lot of horse meat. It can be fried like a steak and is supposed to be nice and very good for you. Is there anywhere that sells it ? I also have a request for Goat but maybe that's going a bit far ?

WHY:confused:

Hootanany wrote: »
    WHY:confused:
    Why not:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

NIEGHHH:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

+1 on the guy in temple bar. Remember being horrified the first time I saw it, but at least he was honest about what it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement