Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advanced Training day in aid of Blazing Bikers Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.

• 27-03-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,
    I’m proposing to run an Advanced Motorcycling training day in April for full license holders who would like to push their skills towards the RoSPA / IAM advanced motorcycle test standards. I will also give an AON/Liberty Insurance assessment at the end of the training day which can have significant impact on your insurance costs :)
    The training will be kept to just two participants in order to be most effective and so if you and a friend want to sign up then click here and follow the Guide Dogs link for further information.
    I’m proposing to ask €180 each for the day including the AON/Liberty Insurance assessment. I will cover my own costs and so all proceeds therefore can go to Blazing Bikers Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.
    So come on...give it a go - it'll be fun also!

Irlanski

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

You are in Clare right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Irlanski

You are in Clare right?

Yes...but will be happy to meet somewhere that suits all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Irlanski wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I’m proposing to run an Advanced Motorcycling training day in April for full license holders who would like to push their skills towards the RoSPA / IAM advanced motorcycle test standards. I will also give an AON/Liberty Insurance assessment at the end of the training day which can have significant impact on your insurance costs :)
    The training will be kept to just two participants in order to be most effective and so if you and a friend want to sign up then click here and follow the Guide Dogs link for further information.
    I’m proposing to ask €180 each for the day including the AON/Liberty Insurance assessment. I will cover my own costs and so all proceeds therefore can go to Blazing Bikers Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Irlanski

I'd be well on for this. Have a full license and a already have a Grade 2 Liberty/AON assessment under my belt, but would love the RoSPA...

rat_race wrote: »
    I'd be well on for this. Have a full license and a already have a Grade 2 Liberty/AON assessment under my belt, but would love the RoSPA...

Well...grab a buddy and sign up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What are the benefits of a RoSPA over a Grade 2 if you already have one (which I do) if any?

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What are the benefits of a RoSPA over a Grade 2 if you already have one (which I do) if any?

Grade 2 is equivalent to RoSPA Bronze and knocks off about 15% on your insurance, however, RoSPA Silver and up to RoSPA Gold can knock off 30%. See here. RoSPA Gold is the highest skill level achievable for a civilian in the British Isles.

My thinking is not so much about the savings in insurance but moreso the ability to be safer on the road - and it makes your motorcycling so much more fun :D when you can ride it really well.

Irlanski wrote: »
    Hi All,

Irlanski

Hi All,
    There are just a couple of slots still available for the above training!

Whilst I ideally we were looking for two motorcyclists to pair off we are now also happy to take you as an individual as we can pair you off with individuals who have already registered.

Don’t forget – it’s all for charity...have a read of the above post and link for more info!

Cheers:)

Advertisement