Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE's top ten earners paid €3.6 million in 2011

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The Late Late has ceased to be of relevance or a talking point of the nation for over 20 years.
    Television as a whole is dieing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

mikemac1 wrote: »
    +1

Kenny is the best they have

Wooo Pat Kenny bam a lam

and miriam.....love watching miriam...delicious

Claire Byrne is way better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Shure them feckin yanks don't even get paid that much!

space_man wrote: »
    "Cowboys Ted!"

Disgrace Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

How many hours of work does marian finucane do a week? Whatever about Miriam who is in EVERYTHING recently finucane as far as i know does **** all. Am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She is on air for less than 4 hours a week (considering the weather forecasts are on at about 12.52 and of course the Angelus and the news). Whats more for great chunks of the years she is nowhere to be heard. Euros per Hour, she is easily the best paid person in RTE. Her research consists of reading the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

mike65 wrote: »
    She is on air for less than 4 hours a week (considering the weather forecasts are on at about 12.52 and of course the Angelus and the news). Whats more for great chunks of the years she is nowhere to be heard. Euros per Hour, she is easily the best paid person in RTE. Her research consists of reading the papers.

Just like Johnny Giles so and he's probably on bucketloads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Claire Byrne is way better.

No Chance.....Miriam in a different league ......some baps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Cienciano wrote: »
    Listen to Joe Duffy, he has a special way of dealing with mentions of RTE wages. He pretends the caller didn't say it and he continues talking about something else. Never mentions it, never gets into debate about it, simply pretends he didn't hear it.

Now, if the top 10 earners in any other semi state was released and made the news he'd cover it.

Same with the licence fee. He'll list off a load of "stealth taxes" like bin charges, prsi, property tax, water charges, tolls, but guess what one he'll never mention?

RTE wages, gerry ryans overdose and the tv licence are the 3 no-go areas for Duffy

As I have said elsewhere, Joe Duffy is a professional rabble rouser, paid almost as much as Barack Obama (actually much more than POTUS until a recent pay cut) to answer people's phone calls on the public airwaves. I recall hearing one of his programmes a few years ago, where he stirred the sh:t as much as possible about a case where somebody was jailed for non-payment of fines after littering at a bottle bank.

Almost breathless with indignation, he ranted on about how ordinary citizens were being jailed for going to the bottle bank, whereas the corrupt bankers were getting off scott free. Bottle bank versus the bankers -- geddit? Joe even suggested that Local Authorities should provide Council workers to attend at bottle banks in order to help people dispose of their rubbish.

No mention of the number of people jailed for TV licence offences, though I did text in a comment to that effect.

That said, I pay my TV licence every year (though given the amount of American crap pumped out by RTE I should be paying 160 dollars rather than 160 euro).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

What would people propose they get paid instead?

A much lower amount of money.

Advertisement