Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V officially announced.

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My guess is he is some snake clone. Possibly Solidus or maybe a new character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I actually think it is a good call. Sutherland has a much better acting range than Hayter. Although his voice as "Snake" is iconic, to me I always heard a guy putting on a voice. Sutherland will be much more natural.

As long as the story and script is better than 4 this will be good. No point in getting Sutherland in if the script is as bad as 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

EyeSight wrote: »
    BTW i don't get all the hate for MGS4 either. behind mgs3 it is my favourite. The scenes were long but i enjoyed them highly. There was so many throwbacks to all the old games. Epic game

I like MGS4 myself but i can completely see where the hate is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Since the game takes place in the 80's I wouldn't be surprised if a young soild snake makes an appearance in some shape or form. I suppose it would be a bit confusing if big boss and snake had the same voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I put more hours into mgs4 than any other game

i think i put 500 hours into the online and bet the single player at least 6 times.

the problem was not the cut scenes length for me but the second half of the game was really really lazy in terms of gameplay.

There was very little gameplay compared to other mgs games and the fact they just threw those hands robots in the later part of game was pretty poor.

i remember interviews with hideo kojima stating he just wanted to end the series and move onto different things so he basically tried to just wrap everyone's story with cutscenes and didnt put much effort in the gameplay.

other than crying wolf , the boss fights are not up to the standard of metal gear solid 1,3 and even 2. there was nothing in those fights that made me go wow.

i firmly believe metal gear solid 5 will be what mgs 4 should of been. but as much i see the cons of mgs 4 i still love the game because there was touch of brilliance in the game.

As for no David Hayter its more than just a voice actor. i been attached to the character since i was 9 years old , its does inevitably take you out of the game you grow up with. to hear a different voice than what i been hearing since 1999 is the equivalent of having Harrison ford been replaced as indiana jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Since the game takes place in the 80's I wouldn't be surprised if a young soild snake makes an appearance in some shape or form. I suppose it would be a bit confusing if big boss and snake had the same voice.

Snake was born in 72, the game takes place in 84. Even if we do see a young Snake, it won't be the Snake we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I genuinely understand and have no problem with Kiefer taking over, seeing as it is Big Boss and not Solid Snake but this was an interesting read

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18q13ubs6itzcjpg/original.jpg

probably just some fanboy in denial but i also noticed that in that Behind The Scenes video, not once does Kiefer refer to himself as Snake. He just says '' This Character''
    My idea : Either BB and Ishmal are the same person or Hayter is voicing BB and Kiefer is voicing Ishmal
    Whatever happens, I know i will still get the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Most of the reasons given for the replacement are nonsensical so it seems it was purely down to the star appeal. I'm going to find it a bit grating hearing Kiefer Sutherland's voice when Snake talks.

I preferred Hayter's distinctive voice but I wouldn't have been against replacing it as long as they got somebody relatively unknown. I don't think Sutherland does much more than his own voice so it'll stick out like a sore thumb for me. Moreover it's giving work to some guy whose not short on jobs when there's plenty of better voice actors out there without work.

Advertisement