Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Poleberry's selling out of date meat [picture story]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Oh my god, that must be the first time anyone has ever made a mistake, ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Could you make that pic any smaller?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Please read the forum charter re: posting pictures. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

It's bacon. It's preserved in salt. It's not going to erupt with worms at midnight on its 'sell-by' date, or indeed on any date for the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dear God just phone customer services, don't bend our ear!

• Advertisement

If you think it was a mistake by the person on the counter, complaint to the manager.

If you think its a conspiracy(!), contact the FSAI.

http://www.fsai.ie/makeitbetter/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

To be fair,

Covering a sell by date with a different label is a touch unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Dude why the huge image

Meat got reduced before it had gone off (Look at your last picture, barcode on that label ends in 5009) but the person doing it covered the date which they are not supposed to do. Next person doing the last reduction didnt see a date other than April 7 and reduced it with the label you see on the outside (barcode ends in 30006).

It wasnt intentionally reduced after the date, just an oversight. Complain to who ever you like if it makes you feel better, it wont make much difference.

I think you should parade that image around on Facebook and see how many 'likes' you can get for it. Remember, the more 'likes' you get the more powerful you become.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ziedth wrote: »
    To be fair,

Covering a sell by date with a different label is a touch unethical.

Its also possible whoever printed the label had it set arse ways so they printed a wrong one first and then corrected this with the second label. :confused:

Of course a reasonable person would approach Tesco with concerns first instead of making idle threats on the internet about how how tesco fu*cked him and lied to him so now its his turn...one must assume he';s now going to f*ck them and lie to them? :pac:

I'm curious what he'll actually do exactly other then post an image on facebook and boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    I think you should parade that image around on Facebook and see how many 'likes' you can get for it. Remember, the more 'likes' you get the more powerful you become.

I genuinely LOL'd at this....

Brave student..... Its not as if Tesco are on social media or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

you get wot you pay for these days ,,if its cheap its cheap for a reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Put this on twitter, if you can get someone to re tweet this Tesco is fked !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I'd be pissed off too...but I'm curious...what is it your turn to do?

Also, the company in Carrick was recently disciplined for doing exactly this, mislabeling meats, so joke all you want, but this is a serious offence being committed by Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Like there was no bacon joint for €5 lying beside.

So you saved €2 - buy a can of beer - this should kill all the bacteria you seem to be so afraid of.
    101 of buying discounted meats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Christ that must of took some time time and effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Dear god. People just love a good oul moan.

Take it back and get a refund.

Its obviously a mistake.

Its take a lot more than 2 days passed the use by date to make a ham joint turn . Its full of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This is why I'll never go back to customer service.

"LOOK TESCO SOLD ME MEAT AND IT WAS OUT OF DATE!!!!111!!!!!"
    "Did you contact Tesco and let them know you had a problem?"
    "NO BUT I TOLD DE PEOPLE ON D INTERNET AND EVERYONE I KNOW THAT TESCO FEWKED ME OVER. BUNCHA ROBBERS IS ALL DEY ARE"

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

kaef wrote: »

ZOMG They tried to kill you with perfectly good meat. You should sue them for attempted murder. I bet you'll get a houndred million euros.

• Advertisement

This is why I'll never go back to customer service.

"LOOK TESCO SOLD ME MEAT AND IT WAS OUT OF DATE!!!!111!!!!!"
    "Did you contact Tesco and let them know you had a problem?"
    "NO BUT I TOLD DE PEOPLE ON D INTERNET AND EVERYONE I KNOW THAT TESCO FEWKED ME OVER. BUNCHA ROBBERS IS ALL DEY ARE"

Oh Mitch :pac: ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

kaef wrote: »

Send the pictures to the Sun Newspaper, next time you take a picture of out of date meat try and get a copy of a paper beside it with the date and something that says its tesco,

This is nothing new, Tesco Ballybeg were selling TOFU 3 days past their sell by date there, i took pics and posted it to the sun they were interested but couldnt publish due to the fact that i had no date beside it, or indication of the shop. This was right about the time the horse meat scandal broke!

In fairness the stuff i got was deliberately covered up like the put the sticker over the date to hide it so they knew it was out of date, so in my case it wasnt just a case of human error it was a case of bein deliberately lied to.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

so lesson for the day: never buy meat in tesco as its either horse meat or gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Send the pictures to the Sun Newspaper, next time you take a picture of out of date meat try and get a copy of a paper beside it with the date and something that says its tesco,

This is nothing new, Tesco Ballybeg were selling TOFU 3 days past their sell by date there, i took pics and posted it to the sun they were interested but couldnt publish due to the fact that i had no date beside it, or indication of the shop. This was right about the time the horse meat scandal broke!

TOFU always taste like it's well past its sell by date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Send the pictures to the Sun Daily Mail Newspaper,

Fixed that for you,
    They'll care more and run a bigger story about it :D :pac:

Anyway, talking seriously, in fairness as already suggested http://www.fsai.ie/makeitbetter/ is the correct place to go with this.

They will stick to the facts and not try turn it into some sort of sensationalist story, they also have the power do deal with it properly.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    TOFU always taste like it's well past its sell by date.

Its actually quite nice when its diced and put into a nice chinese dish!

Cabaal wrote: »
    Fixed that for you,
    They'll care more and run a bigger story about it :D :pac:

Anyway, talking seriously, in fairness as already suggested http://www.fsai.ie/makeitbetter/ is the correct place to go with this.

They will stick to the facts and not try turn it into some sort of sensationalist story, they also have the power do deal with it properly.

I took my pics too, there were two yellow stikers on my Tofu, one was to cover the date it was blank and the other was the yellow sticker wtih the new price on it., cheeky bakstards, I was relaly just trynna stir it too cos of the horse meat scandal!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

If it doesn't smell get it in to ya, no questions asked.
    People are too obsessed nowadays with dates, times, calories, fat, fibre etc etc
    It's all gone to far, they get a sniffle and they're off down to the doctor for a prescription, we're even getting immune to antibiotics, it's all gone to far.

A lump of salted bacon could be left hanging outside your house for months and still be good to eat, that's the salts original purpose was to preserve the meat, Middle East and Asia use spices to preserve, we use salt.

• Advertisement

ikeano29 wrote: »
    If it doesn't smell get it in to ya, no questions asked.
    People are too obsessed nowadays with dates, times, calories, fat, fibre etc etc
    It's all gone to far, they get a sniffle and they're off down to the doctor for a prescription, we're even getting immune to antibiotics, it's all gone to far.

A lump of salted bacon could be left hanging outside your house for months and still be good to eat, that's the salts original purpose was to preserve the meat, Middle East and Asia use spices to preserve, we use salt.

Maybe i should send you a pm and see if you dont mind me replying to your post but yes i agree with you!

Advertisement