Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus new livery.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,686 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're also going to have 15+ years of PIPs and changes rolled up since the existing Aer Lingus ones were built.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

MYOB wrote: »
    They're also going to have 15+ years of PIPs and changes rolled up since the existing Aer Lingus ones were built.

Indeed. This came up in a previous thread.
    The EI A321's were delivered in the last 90's. Since then the A320 family has had 2 distinctive sets of improvements. I am however speaking of physical changes to the cabins. You can easily see this if you travel frequently on A320's.

The newer A321's even without the NEO are a bit more fuel efficient that the older EI versions.

Wiki: A320NEO 1st flight in 2015. A320/A321 'launch customer' is ILFC........

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

The livery has managed to remain quite fresh despite its being around so long and I think with simple tweaking might have some life in it yet. KLM is an interesting comparison, it being the carrier that along with Aer Lingus has defined the solid colour upper fuselage. I've always thought that the AL scheme tended to flatter aircraft, as the example of the L-1011 given above shows: the TriStar doesn't often look as good as it did in Aer Lingus colours. If they do go down the route of a new livery, I hope they stick with something classic and not go down the route of brash billboard titles and oversize tail logos. The new AA livery is a complete disaster, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Frankwatch

Does anyone know why Ei-Edy has a different engine livery to that of the rest of the newly painted art Lingus fleet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Frankwatch wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Ei-Edy has a different engine livery to that of the rest of the newly painted art Lingus fleet.

It probably had the engine cowling changed and the spares haven't been repainted yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Both EI-EDY and EI-ELA feature replacement engine cowlings which are white, 'EDY has both forward cowlings white while 'ELA has one engine with a rear cowling white. EI-CVA has a white cowling as well, been like that for at least 6 months.

Also EI-GCF and EI-FNH, both in the old livery, have ended up with grey cowlings on an engine each.

This is largely unavoidable, particularly during a livery transition but it's quite noticeable when one of the key components of your new livery is the colour of your engines. It's probably the least of their worries right now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

I seen one of the A321NEOs parked at the temp pier in Dublin today with one of the winglets removed. Anyone know why?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

EI321 wrote: »
    I seen one of the A321NEOs parked at the temp pier in Dublin today with one of the winglets removed. Anyone know why?

Maybe one of the in use LRs needed it if one of theirs got a ding?

Advertisement