Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the GRO be open on Good Friday?

• 27-03-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭

Not a question I seem to be able to find an answer to online:

Good Friday isn't a public holiday. I, in the private sector, get forced to take it off as part of my annual leave for some surreal reason meaning I can actually go in to the GRO. Not owning a cheque book means I can't order from Roscommon and I've a list as long as my arm - not helped by having bought a set of certs for what turned out to be my great great uncle and his family rather than great great grandfather :o

Is the GRO office in the Irish Life likely to be open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

closed for long Easter weekend I would think

p.s. there was a limit of 5 certs per person per day, although I think there may have been a recent change to this
    any additional certs could be ordered, and will be posted to you later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still the 5 per day + postage for the rest when I was in there a few weeks ago anyway

Might take a look in myself but I'm not bringing someone else for extra on the day certs if there's even a slight chance its closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

MYOB wrote: »
    Not owning a cheque book means I can't order from Roscommon......

I usually just write a letter giving the details of the certs I want and include details of my Visa Debit card. If you are iffy about sticking those kind of details in a letter why not get a postal order or bank draft? GRO Fees info

Also I know a few public service people who also have to take a privilege day for Good Friday so they may well be in the same position in the GRO. I'd just give them a call if I were you.

Advertisement