Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 15 Results

Options
  • 27-03-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭

Colts show the Ravens how the game is played with a 49- 28 point smashing in the Lucas Oil Stadium. Leaves my playoff hopes in jeopardy, really need a packers win to avoid going out of the wildcard spots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Panthers beat the Vikes 35-0. Had to run like 4 of my 10 picks out of bounds due to the score limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

*Breaking News* *Breaking News*

Andrew Luck throws 0 Interceptions in the Colts 49-28 win against the Ravens.

So much happened in this game, i cant remember all of it, we had a Fumble Return TD by the Ravens and a Punt Return TD by the Colts............ anyway here are the main game stats

Colts.
    Luck. 16-24, 325 yards, 3 TD's, 0 Interceptions.
    Jennings. 16 Rushing attempts, 51 yards, 2 TD's.
    Edelman. 5 catches, 143 yards, 1 TD.
    Fleener. 4 catches, 66 yards, 1 TD
    Brown. 1 catch, 40 yards, 1 TD.

TY Hilton also Returned a punt for a TD

Ravens.
    Kaepernick. 15-26, 241 yards, 2 TD's, 4 Interceptions.
    Rice. 6 rushing attempts, 34 yards.
    Kaepernick 3 rushing attempts, 16 yards, 1 TD.
    Doss. 1 catch 73 yards, 1 TD.
    Boldin. 1 catch 26 yards, 1 TD.

thanks for the game pudsy, and nicee chatting to ya, i really had alot of luck in the game to be fair, yes Luck threw well, but you had a good few missed tackles at crucial stages, it could've been alot closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Packers and Broncos in 24-24 in the 4th!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos bow out of the playoffs due to their own greediness and stupidity.
    Key points for me.
    Left a load of picks behind again.
    Greediness=2nd quarter would have been going in 4 points up,packers kick off and I have 30 seconds till half time,try to pass it up the field,give away pick 6.
    4th quarter,2.40 left hold packers to 4th and 13,packers go for it and make itfor the TD.
    2 min mark I go for long passes up the field cause I don't want it to go to OT,get picked off in packer half,runs back to FG range.Kicks it
    27-24 Packers
    Might write a more conclusive write later,just sickened with myself now.
    Packers threw very well though,rarely a misplaced pass.Manning threw 3 ints..
    GG Nelbert,best of luck in the playoffs

You are still well in the playoff hunt Perrin lad, you're only one behind me and if we finish level you're in.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You are still well in the playoff hunt Perrin lad, you're only one behind me and if we finish level you're in.
    Personally for me anyway I've left too many games behind at this stage,I feel don't deserve to be there.
    Anyway at the rate we're going we're setting this up for some final day madness.
    (Cue us both losing next week :pac:)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Personally for me anyway I've left too many games behind at this stage,I feel don't deserve to be there.
    Anyway at the rate we're going we're setting this up for some final day madness.
    (Cue us both losing next week :pac:)

I don't feel I deserve it either, I started 5-0 but I'm limping towards the playoffs at this stage. We could both still catch the raiders too :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jags @ Titans, JAgs kick

Titans get to midfield and punt, Jags punt, Titans WRs drop balls and then its a punt, TD Jags with TE Lewis.
    Marc Mariani! Takes the KO to da house!

FG Jags

Big hitter! C2J fumbles! Titans recover but punt
    Great pass to Lewis and Jags in redzone, TD MJD.
    Titans in the redzone inside the 2min warning

Mariani drops a TD pass!

Titans go to back up TE but he'scaught in traffic and its picked for 6
    Titans should be 7 behind, but are 17..
    Titans go too aggressive and throw a pick with the first pass
    TD Jags at the end of the half

TD MJD

Titans are really struggling here

Big Hitter!! Titans O line puts mincey out!
    Jags punt
    Titans cant do anything and Jags get the ball and score

Williams should have a TD but no hes not in the end zone!
    Leach TD

Titans receivers had a bad case of the drops today, it wouldnt have made a difference to the result but may have made it a big more of a game, good chatting mikey and best of luck in the play offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Steelers held the lead most of the game and it started with a FG midway through the 1st quarter.

However Browns start most games strongly and Greg Little went past a defensive back who seems to slip or dive to the ground :confused: 40 yd TD

Browns lead 7-3 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Big Ben hit Antonio Brown for a 62 yd bomb but the Browns were still determined to be spoilers! We may not have much skill but dammit we have resiliance.
    Next play of the game and Browns get a 101yd kickoff return, my first of the season :D

Browns took a few long shots to end the first half

Half time: 17-14 Steelers

Steelers took this running back by commitee approach to a whole new level, there seemed to be a new back in nearly every play!
    McKoy picked some beautiful blocks for a 48yd run and Mike Wallace then burned the Browns for a 74yd TD

However the Browns never give up and got a FG and Sheldon Brown my CB got a pick 6 in a Cover Two formation.

Maths was never a skill of mine so Browns thought they had to go for two and got it with a slant to my backup TE.
    This was unneccesary but what's done is done.

And then the madness kicks off in the 4th quarter, pickorama :eek:

Big Ben with 3 picks & Weeden with 2.

Browns had at least 5 possesions so with one score down it was up to them to do it but just couldn't beat the Steel Curtain :(

Shocker near the end when T-Rich got a 1st down but Ike Taylor forced the fumble and returned for a TD. Thankfully the booth review overturned

One last shot for the Browns! And Weedon threw a shocking pick :rolleyes:
    Game over

MVP
    Mike Wallace 8 catches 152 yds 2TDs
    Despite me trying to double cover in man coverage all day! He's immense

Honorable mention
    Browns GM fear Ike Taylor after he got 2 pick 6's earlier this season and he was shutdown all day today, I probably targeted him just 3 times.

Best team won, just couldn't get pressure on Big Ben and I was ripped asunder in man & zone coverage all day for over 300 yards.

Browns take consolation in keeping Steelers to 91 yards rushing and take away the TD and it's pretty much under 50 yds rushing. Good run D I think

Good game Steelers, twas close anyway, thanks for the chat
    Browns lose again but we have "honesty of effort" as Johnny Giles says. That's all I have :o

Three Steelers left the game injured :cool:
    None were long term injuries :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I don't feel I deserve it either, I started 5-0 but I'm limping towards the playoffs at this stage. We could both still catch the raiders too :cool:

Down with this sort of thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Steelers held the lead most of the game and it started with a FG midway through the 1st quarter.

However Browns start most games strongly and Greg Little went past a defensive back who seems to slip or dive to the ground :confused: 40 yd TD

Browns lead 7-3 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Big Ben hit Antonio Brown for a 62 yd bomb but the Browns were still determined to spoilers! We may not have much skill but dammit we have resiliance.
    Next play of the game and Browns get a 101yd kickoff return, my first of the season :D

Browns took a few long shots to end the first half

Half time: 17-14 Steelers

Steelers took this running back by commitee approach to a whole new level, there seemed to be a new back in nearly every play!
    McKoy picked some beautiful blocks for a 48yd run and Mick Wallace then burned the Browns for a 74yd TD

However the Browns never give up and got a FG and Sheldon Brown my CB got a pick 6 in a Cover Two formation.

Maths was never a skill of mine so Browns though they had to go for two and got it with a slant to my backup TE.
    This was unneccesary but what's done is done.

And then the madness kicks off in the 4th quarter, pickorama :eek:

Big Ben with 3 picks & Weeden with 2.

Browns had at least 5 possesions so with one score down it was up to them to do it but just couldn't beat the Steel Curtain :(

Shocker neared the end when T-Rich got a 1st down but Ike Taylor forced the fumble and returned for a TD. Thankfully the booth review overturned

One last shot for the Browns! And Weedon threw a shocking pick :rolleyes:
    Game over

MVP
    Mike Wallace 8 catches 152 yds 2TDs
    Despite me trying to double cover in man coverage all day! He's immense

Honorable mention
    Browns GM fear Ike Taylor after he got 2 pick 6's earlier this season and he was shutdown all day today, I probably targeted him just 3 times.

Best team won, just couldn't get pressure on Big Ben and I was ripped asunder in man & zone coverage all day for over 300 yards.

Browns take consolation in keeping Steelers to 91 yards rushing and talk away the TD and it's pretty much under 50 yds rushing. Good run D I think

Good game Steelers, twas close anyway, thanks for the chat
    Browns lose again but we have "honesty of effort" as Johnny Giles says. That's all I have :o

That was our best game yet Mike. My defence stepped up in the second half, but before that it really looked like it was gonna be last man to score wins.

Those final few possessions had me really nervous because of that extra point. If you scored I would have been down by one with limited time. The way Ben was throwing picks for fun, it wasn't gonna end well.

You're run d was again almost impenetrable, I think I got lucky with that McKoy run. He was just responding to a certain coach saying he wasn't a game changer.

I haven't quite got the division sown up yet, unless that happens after advance. An upset loss to The Titans (:P) will make for an interesting final day at Heinz Field.

We head South next. Even EA has picked up on the bad blood between us and the Titans, the game is the Monday night game. Prime time Heli, hope your boys can handle the pressure :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Broncos bow out of the playoffs due to their own greediness and stupidity.
    Key points for me.
    Left a load of picks behind again.
    Greediness=2nd quarter would have been going in 4 points up,packers kick off and I have 30 seconds till half time,try to pass it up the field,give away pick 6.
    4th quarter,2.40 left hold packers to 4th and 13,packers go for it and make itfor the TD.
    2 min mark I go for long passes up the field cause I don't want it to go to OT,get picked off in packer half,runs back to FG range.Kicks it
    27-24 Packers
    Might write a more conclusive write later,just sickened with myself now.
    Packers threw very well though,rarely a misplaced pass.Manning threw 3 ints..
    GG Nelbert,best of luck in the playoffs

Very enjoyable game. Don't 100% agree with me throwing well. I had an awful lot of misreads that thankfully (for me) went unpunished

Given the strength of the wind, I felt you were right to try and get towards the 30 yard line to kick the field goal at the end. You were running well though so I was surprised you didn't try to run your way to the 30 to get yards and eat clock.

Your CBs are very good in man coverage but not great in zones, so I picked on zone coverage whenever I saw it.

Went in to this game trying to get Finley and Nelson's catches up so they get there 50 mark for the season. Jennings just got open though so I took what your defense gave me.

Has that really killed your playoff chances?

Nelbert wrote: »
    Very enjoyable game. Don't 100% agree with me throwing well. I had an awful lot of misreads that thankfully (for me) went unpunished

Given the strength of the wind, I felt you were right to try and get towards the 30 yard line to kick the field goal at the end. You were running well though so I was surprised you didn't try to run your way to the 30 to get yards and eat clock.

Your CBs are very good in man coverage but not great in zones, so I picked on zone coverage whenever I saw it.

Went in to this game trying to get Finley and Nelson's catches up so they get there 50 mark for the season. Jennings just got open though so I took what your defense gave me.

Has that really killed your playoff chances?
    Ya in hinesight it would have been the smart thing to do and run it but I didn't fancy it I guess.Ya Cb's are good in man coverage alright but I was mixing up play and didn't want to be out in it all the time

Since the colts won I still have a chance, so thanks for that Rock Lesnar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Cowboys 34 - 8 and quietly move to 11 and 3 so a fair chance for wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Since the colts won I still have a chance, so thanks for that Rock Lesnar :)

I'm just gutted i didnt play more like that during the season, roll on next season, Less Interceptions, more wins :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Got the win v CPU Texans. Was cruising coming into the 4th I think it was 31-3 perfect game for the rookie qb.

4th quarter Texans enter beast mode. 5 picks! Granted I threw instead of run to pad stats but 2 td's inside 2 min for Texans made it a one score game and they won the onside kick!!! Fortunately there was only 3 seconds left and hail Mary fell incomplete.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Beat the CPU bears, 31-3 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Eagles beat the Cowboys 34 - 8 and quietly move to 11 and 3 so a fair chance for wildcard

Surely thats you in the playoffs? Who can catch you?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Raoul wrote: »
    Surely thats you in the playoffs? Who can catch you?

To be honest haven't looked at the standings. But know I won't win the divison unless something crazy happens. So don't know how any one else is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team Gronk beat the Jets 28-18 and thus secure the division.

Had a punt return for a TD by the Gatorade MOTM Rookie Elijiah Mitchell in the final two minutes to go up by 10, which killed off any chance of a comeback.

Also, Gronk caught 381 yards. Up yours Steve Smith and Willie Anderson. :pac: But then there is always some cute hoor who just has to upstage you.
    WHO THE HELL ARE THE LIONS!! :mad:
    You ruined everything :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders lose 30-21 to bengals! Absolutely distraught with myself, palmer threw at least 5 interceptions in his own half. 27-7 down in 4th and brought it back to 27-21 but couldn't force a fumble and bengals kick field goal to seal it

I'm off to cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Well, Raoul and I started our game and it was shaping up to be a brilliant one. With 1:20 left to go in the 2nd quarter, it was 14-10 Falcons with the Saints looking strong on my 20 yard line. Then I get a disconnect. Typical UPC, I should have expected it. I didn't have time to restart so Raoul is playing the CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

When is league advancing?

Advertisement