Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best baby sling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I have a jpmbb, which I still use & my little one is 17 months. I can still feed her in it if I want to - handy if I'm trying to cook dinner & she's under my feet.

I have a connecta which is great too, haven't ever tried feeding her in it. Not overly keen on the back carry with it though, so still kind of on the hunt for one that the back carry is more comfy with.

I have a scootababy which a lot of people love, but my daughter is a leaner because she's so nosy, so unless I have her really tight, it's not as comfy as the other 2.

I bought a ringsling a few weeks ago, but not sure I'm using it correctly & also don't think it's as good quality as other ones on the Babywearing pages. I put my daughter into it the other week & she just straightened her legs & popped out of it.

The only sling I bought new was the JPMBB, the rest I bought from people on the babywearing Ireland Facebook page.

Would love a mei tai but think my other half would have a nervous breakdown if I appeared home with another sling. Was trying to win them on the babywearing dip page over Easter, but alas won nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's a lot of slings/carriers Orla Slang! I'm really leaning towards the jpmbb. It's a bit expensive but I'll probably be able to sell it on when I'm finished with it. Good to hear you still use it at 17 months. I love my ergo but I want something softer for the newborn stage.

That's a lot of slings/carriers Orla Slang! I'm really leaning towards the jpmbb. It's a bit expensive but I'll probably be able to sell it on when I'm finished with it. Good to hear you still use it at 17 months. I love my ergo but I want something softer for the newborn stage.

haha, I also have a babasling, which I used as a quick up & down sling when she was smaller. A lot of people don't like them but I found it grand. Yes, that's the good thing about the official, brand name slings, they keep their value. There's a JPMBB for sale on the babywearing area of Rollercoaster. Couldn't tell you if it's still available, as the ad is almost a month old, but it's up for €55, so good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thanks! I'll take a look now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Has anyone tried the Moby sling? I like the idea of a fabric sling for my 12day old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I haven't used it personally but know a few people that have and really like it. It's lighter than the JPMBB so maybe nicer for over the summer, especially if you're planning on travelling at all.
    Just make sure you have it on really tight before putting baby into it so she's nice and snug :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

After a few months of using the Ergo with the huge nearly 4 month old and the tiny 2 year old it is my new favourite sling.
    I have even read the instructions and learned how to close it myself:)
    I found it terrible for breast feeding but brilliant if the 2 year old gets cranky and wants to be up or when the baby gets cranky in the house and I am running around after the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    After a few months of using the Ergo with the huge nearly 4 month old and the tiny 2 year old it is my new favourite sling.
    I have even read the instructions and learned how to close it myself:)
    I found it terrible for breast feeding but brilliant if the 2 year old gets cranky and wants to be up or when the baby gets cranky in the house and I am running around after the others.

I have the ergo too and I love it but my 8 week old us beginning to getter active and hates the newborn insert. I look forward to being able to use it without the insert.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mine was too big for it by that stage so I fet a bit hard done by having bought it and never used it as the baba sling was better when he was smaller.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Moby sling? I like the idea of a fabric sling for my 12day old

The moby is supposed to be great, but the big advantage of the JPMBB is that it lasts until the baby is much older. I still use mine with my 18 month old, whereas you can only use the moby until they're about 6 months I think.

• Advertisement

I ended up ordering the jpmbb online based on that fact and it arrived today :-)

Tried it while baby had a (very) short nap. Will definitely need practice putting it on but so far im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You'll get the hang of it, I used to have it written down and then I had to stick it on one day and I just did it without thinking. Then a year later when I had the second it just came naturally, like tying your shoe laces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭uli84

I can't make up my mind between JPMBB, Snugbaby and Babyhawk. I know the last 2 are technically carriers but would anyone be able to advise or maybe point out any weaknesses...
    My baby is 2 months old & I am rather small (160 cm) Thanks.

I had my first outing in the jpmbb to my local la leche coffee morning. I found it really comfortable once i had it on (following youtube closely!) and my little man seemed to enjoy it. I even managed my first public feeding :-)

Advertisement