Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed.

Options
  • 27-03-2013 9:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi guys I need a bit of sound advice from ye.

I finished working with a employer in November 12 as he had no work for me until now which was fine.

I got another job with another man but the hours were long and the money was slow coming. I asked him for my P60 as I wanted to claim my tax back for 2012, eventually he gave it to me 2 weeks ago after asking him about a hundred times.

Long story short I am back with my employer from last year as he has work again which is great but the other cnut wont pay me what he owes or give me a p45.

I am so frustrated over this I think I am going to crack up. He wont answer his phone or reply to messages or answer his door when I call.

What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Hi guys I need a bit of sound advice from ye.

I finished working with a employer in November 12 as he had no work for me until now which was fine.

I got another job with another man but the hours were long and the money was slow coming. I asked him for my P60 as I wanted to claim my tax back for 2012, eventually he gave it to me 2 weeks ago after asking him about a hundred times.

Long story short I am back with my employer from last year as he has work again which is great but the other cnut wont pay me what he owes or give me a p45.

I am so frustrated over this I think I am going to crack up. He wont answer his phone or reply to messages or answer his door when I call.

What can I do?

Sorry to hear you are getting hassles.

First off ask your current employer for their tax registration number. Them ring revenue, give them this number, your PPS number and the dates you started work there. They will then issue a new tax cert to the new employer. Once this is done your tax will be sorted and you won't need a P45 from the last guy. Make sure to tell revenue that you had problems getting the P45 and also the P60.

Then ring NERA (workplace relations). They will more than likely advise you to make a claim under the Payment of Wages Act 1991. If it were me I would ring yer man again, tell him you have sought the advice of NERA and that he now has 5 days to get your wages to you or you will be officially reporting him to NERA and making a claim under the Payment of Wages Act. I would also send a registered letter to this effect. If if has any sense once he realises you have received some advice on the matter he'll pay up. If not then be prepared to follow up on your actions and make the claim.

Hope this helps and I hope you get your money sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would ring this guy again and tell him that if you don't get the wages due to you within 10 working days that you will contact NERA and revenue.

If you ring revenue it is possible that they could investigate and do a revenue audit on him. They could ask to see his accounts, invoices, bank statements ect.
    At the moment revenue are keeping a close eye on when a business is paying tax, prsi, vat ect. They can estimate what he should be paying and it he is under paying they will be on to him.
    I have a number of friends who are in business at the moment and they have told me about revenue audits.
    Put this way you get a person out from revenue who will ask to see every bit of paperwork over a period of time in a business. These people will notice if you spend 1c on a non business item and if you have under paid any area of tax, prsi ect as well as what you owe you will pay interest on any underpayment you made.
    Also once you have a revenue audit they keep a close eye on you and they have the law on there side to go back to business to do another audit.

• Site Banned Posts: 166 ✭✭Cash is king

Thanks very much Ted, I will let ye know how I get on.

Advertisement