Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Do

Options
  • 27-03-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope this is the right board - apologies if it's not!

I'm in Dublin next weekend for a stag-do from Leeds. I'm a Dubliner myself but moved away 9 years ago so I'm well out of touch in terms of where to go, where's a no-go etc...

Can anybody shed some light please on what clubs/late bars that would let in a group of 30 please? They'd need to be accessible as we have one wheelchair user in the party. If anyone could point us in the right direction that would be great! I'm sure this is the most stupid request ever put on here and we've no chance but figured it was worth asking...

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Your bound to get into the madison night club anyway

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

AdeT wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope this is the right board - apologies if it's not!

I'm in Dublin next weekend for a stag-do from Leeds. I'm a Dubliner myself but moved away 9 years ago so I'm well out of touch in terms of where to go, where's a no-go etc...

Can anybody shed some light please on what clubs/late bars that would let in a group of 30 please? They'd need to be accessible as we have one wheelchair user in the party. If anyone could point us in the right direction that would be great! I'm sure this is the most stupid request ever put on here and we've no chance but figured it was worth asking...

Cheers in advance

Coming to Dublin for a stag on good friday?

Aint no pub going to be open for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

5th April we're over, not this weekend!

That would have been dreadful planning...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I wouldnt show up to a pub as a group of 30, go in small groups and meet up inside .. maybe you can reserve an area in advance..it sometime helps if you ask for finger food..
    .pubs around Georges street are a good alternative to Temple Bar...Temple Bar is stag/tourist central and it gets very busy...they are well used to big groups but they charge you for it, its much more expensive for drink than the rest of Dublin but its good craic..there tends to be live bands etc in the bars...i would say most pubs in Temple Bar are accessible..but with big crowds it could be a problem to move around in....there are also cobble stones all throughout temple bar and narrow footpaths...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShM

No matter where you start off, you'll need to go to Coppers on Harcourt Street to finish off the night, great place!

• Advertisement

Chickus wrote: »
    I wouldnt show up to a pub as a group of 30, go in small groups and meet up inside .. maybe you can reserve an area in advance..it sometime helps if you ask for finger food..
    .pubs around Georges street are a good alternative to Temple Bar...Temple Bar is stag/tourist central and it gets very busy...they are well used to big groups but they charge you for it, its much more expensive for drink than the rest of Dublin but its good craic..there tends to be live bands etc in the bars...i would say most pubs in Temple Bar are accessible..but with big crowds it could be a problem to move around in....there are also cobble stones all throughout temple bar and narrow footpaths...

Thanks. Good thinking re the cobbles - we'll probably have a ramble around TB for a few beers but get out of there in the evening.

Thanks for the suggestions. The lads will be sick of 'fingerfood for 30'

ShM wrote: »
    No matter where you start off, you'll need to go to Coppers on Harcourt Street to finish off the night, great place!

Coppers was on the hit-list, I was just worried about the accessibility. It would certainly be an 'experience' for some of the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

some good pubs for a stag do:

porterhouse in temple bar. its a huge pub with microbrewery, so everyone can have some kind of drink they will like. they have a menu with beers from over 70 countries.

bull and castle in Christchurch: german beer hall upstairs, good food and steaks downstairs.

mercantile on dame street: very large pub with live bands playing. large group friendly.

clubwise, as well as coppers, if you want somewhere a little more classy, reserve tickets for howl at the moon, dandelion, everleigh gardens or Play.

Advertisement