Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole Timeframes

• 27-03-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm currently working and may be getting let go around the end of May, this is due to slow business, but nothing certain yet. I may be offered work abroad in the UK, but nothing solid. I was wondering what the time frame for applying for the dole, either JA or JB, is regarding how long before meeting happens or time between initial application and first payment/sign on date.

The reason I ask is that I may lose my job, and the next week go to the UK to stay with friends and look for work, a trial for 4 or 5 weeks to see if I get anything. Would it be possible to apply say on a Monday, and have all paperwork etc done to be able to leave the country in search of work the next Monday, or would they need me around to meet me etc or interview me? If anyone has any experience of this I'd really appreciate an insight.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kateyfied

Hey!

I believe it can be as much as six weeks between applying and payment, but you should be able to have all paperwork done and dusted in a day. You do need to be present to sign things every few weeks though, so be careful with being out of the country for long periods, as if you miss these signings you'll be cut off. Might be better to apply if your work in the UK doesn't pan out.

Hope it doesn't come to that, though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to State Benefits. Please note their charter now applies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Thanks for info! Much appreciated

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The time taken to process your claim will depend on the office you sign on at, you must be resident in Ireland in order to claim JSB.You can transfer your claim to the UK for a limited time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Many thanks mp22, yes I was on JA about 2 years ago, just hard to remember what the process was. I might contact my local office nearer the time if it happens and have a chat. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement