Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Certs?

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Would anyone know where would be a good place to go in Galway City to get a health certificate at very short notice (tomorrow morning). I've just found out I need one for a job application and I'm not from the city so I can't go back to my GP.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I would contact the potential employer, and ask where they would accept a certificate from in the circumstances - they may well have a "favourite" GP for this sort of situation.

Frankly, I doubt you'll get an over-the-counter assessment from a reputable GP who's never met you and who does not have any timeframe to perform any kind of diagnostic tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 veryoriginal

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. What I'll probably do is submit my application and mention that a cert is on the way. (It's a job abroad). I'm a student so usually I could go to the health unit in NUI Galway, but unfortunately it closes tomorrow for Easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Could your own regular GP not just email or fax you one? As in, a past medical history and you could use that in the interim with your application?

Advertisement