Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disk broke, sad face

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭

So my disk broke. Looks like laser burn :-( if I come across a cheap second hand one tomorrow. Will I need a new ea code or is that saved to your xbl account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Saves to the account

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

gufc21 wrote: »
    So my disk broke. Looks like laser burn :-( if I come across a cheap second hand one tomorrow. Will I need a new ea code or is that saved to your xbl account?

If you have hard drive space, you should install the game, the disc stops running after the game is loaded, also reduces the heat of the Xbox and lessens the chance of the red ring of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

guessing I cant do this after the break :/

guessing I cant do this after the break :/

You could try, but doubtful. I do it with all game I'm playing. They take up 6-8 gigs of space, when you finish it, delete it and make more room. You still need the disc to play though.

etloveslsd wrote: »

You could try, but doubtful. I do it with all game I'm playing. They take up 6-8 gigs of space, when you finish it, delete it and make more room. You still need the disc to play though.

Cool did a quick read up on it. Think I might just rent it, save it and return it. From wat I'm reading I should be able to use the old disk to boot it.

• Advertisement

Cool did a quick read up on it. Think I might just rent it, save it and return it. From wat I'm reading I should be able to use the old disk to boot it.

Worth a shot, with the season over you should be able to pick up a cheap copy somewhere, if I see one il let you know.

etloveslsd wrote: »

Worth a shot, with the season over you should be able to pick up a cheap copy somewhere, if I see one il let you know.

Cheers man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cheers man ;)

Worth a try but what exactly do you mean broken disc? Just scraped?

Raoul wrote: »
    Worth a try but what exactly do you mean broken disc? Just scraped?

ya its like i ring on the disk. thought i was sound when installing it but stopped at 20% :(

Did you try the toothpaste trick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gufc I knocked over my mates Xbox as his house once while FIFA 11 was running inside it, and it laser burned a ring on the disc and it wouldn't play, I gave him my copy, and I took the scratched disc to see if it would play on my console which had FIFA 11 saved to the hard drive, and it did!

So the renting thing should work for you.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    gufc I knocked over my mates Xbox as his house once while FIFA 11 was running inside it, and it laser burned a ring on the disc and it wouldn't play, I gave him my copy, and I took the scratched disc to see if it would play on my console which had FIFA 11 saved to the hard drive, and it did!

So the renting thing should work for you.

Exact same thing happened to me when my last xbox broke with the madden CD in it and the CD wouldn't work in the new xbox. But its def worth trying.

no Raoul didn't try the toothpaste one, tried the fairy one but no joy.

Was just laser burn. rented and saved a disk from xtra vision old disk works to start it so happy out :)

definitely going to do this with all the main games i play from now on. especially considering I have so much space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've been saving games to the HDD since it's been possible. Mainly because my Xbox sounds like it's about to take flight if I don't!

Advertisement