Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BFL: Race for the Playoffs

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome sports fans, hope you're enjoying another exciting season in the BFL. In this report, we'll move through the divisions, looking at the teams who have book their place in the postseason, and those who are still fighting it out for the final few places. I'll make predictions where possible, and see how the playoff brackets will look.

I will cover the AFC tonight, with a report on the NFC coming tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Myself and Berty already ate all the refreshments left out at the reception. Soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

AFC North

Despite what I thought earlier in the season, the AFC North has again been a shoot out between the Steelers and Raven for the top spot. It has been a tough fight between the two fierce rivals, and it looked like it would go down to the wire. However, after the Steelers victory in M&T a few weeks ago, thing look done and dusted. With a two game lead and the tiebreaker, the Steeler will be champions of the North.

AFC South

The South is a strong division, but the Jags have a playoff place sown up. The Titans and the Colts are are both two strong teams, but MJD and the boys have left them in their wake. With only one lose so far this season, the Jags are heading into the playoffs in very good condition.

AFC East

Patriot have had no real test since the Jets GM left town, and are strolling tio the divisional crown. Will fly into the playoffs under the radar, not a bad place to be.

AFC West

The toughest division in AFC football this year. The Chiefs, fresh off last years Superbowl, have sealed the division with 2 weeks to go. The battle for second, however, remains fierce. The Raiders have become a real force this year, following the off-season acquisition of Devin Hester, among others. The Broncos, led by Manning, are also having a great season. The teams are on 9-4 and 8-6 respectively.

The Wildcard Places

This is were the action really heats up. As it stands, the 9-4 Raider occupy the first wildcard spot. However they have 3 more games to play, and have two teams hot on their heels. The Ravens (9-5) and the Broncos (8-6) both still believe they can make the playoffs, and possibly both get in at the expense of the Raiders. This weeks game vs the Bengals is crucial for the Raiders, as they know a win here, coupled with a victory the following week against the Dolphins, will see them in the playoffs for the first time.

Week 16 sees Ravens vs the high flying Seahawks, a game that the Ravens will desperately want to win. A loss here, coupled with a Broncos victory against the Chargers, would move the Broncos above the Ravens. The Broncos hold the tie-breaker, having disposed of the Ravens earlier in the season. I wont even hazard a guess how these games will go.

Final standing prediction

Chiefs (15-1)
    Jags (14-2)
    Steelers (13-3)
    Patriots (10-6)
    Raiders (12-4)
    Ravens/Broncos (11-5/10-6)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice write up Pudsy, sad to have missed the play offs for 2 seasons running :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Nice Pudsy, I have 1 question and 1 point.

I don't have the schedule to hand, but who do you have beating the Jags? You also have you and me in the play offs again!!!! 6 games in 2 seasons, really!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nice write up Pudsy, sad to have missed the play offs for 2 seasons running :(

2 Early first round draft picks...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    2 Early first round draft picks...

Yeah but i hoped to have added proven players for those picks, they havent had the impact.

Suh has been good, LEshoure very good

etloveslsd wrote: »

I don't have the schedule to hand, but who do you have beating the Jags? You also have you and me in the play offs again!!!! 6 games in 2 seasons, really!!

I can't remember exactly, but the Jags had a tough last few games when I checked.

Yeah that would be nuts alright! The Patriots and Raiders would also meet in week 17 and in the playoffs. Still, a lot might change by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

etloveslsd wrote: »

The question on everybody's lips! :pac:

NFC writeup should be up tonight

Advertisement