If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" Plasma in June

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Moving into new house around end of June and will be looking to replace my current 5yo Panny 42" I got from you. Budget will be max €1400 and looking to get 55"or higher if I could do so without sacrificing pic quality too much. Was thinking of something like the 55st50. Having said that I have no interest whatsoever in either smart TV features (it'll be hooked up to a htpc anyway) or 3D, just looking for the best picture quality I can get for the budget.

Will probably be looking at av receivers and speaker packages in June also if a deal can be done on everything :)

What TV would you recommend at this level, that is likely to be in stock around June?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Goolay wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Moving into new house around end of June and will be looking to replace my current 5yo Panny 42" I got from you. Budget will be max €1400 and looking to get 55"or higher if I could do so without sacrificing pic quality too much. Was thinking of something like the 55st50. Having said that I have no interest whatsoever in either smart TV features (it'll be hooked up to a htpc anyway) or 3D, just looking for the best picture quality I can get for the budget.

Will probably be looking at av receivers and speaker packages in June also if a deal can be done on everything

What TV would you recommend at this level, that is likely to be in stock around June?

Cheers

Hi Goolay,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Whole new rack of TVs are starting to come out now so the likes of the ST50 will be well gone by June unfortunately.  There will be a ST60 though so I'd imagine it would be worth looking at.  Still waiting for more spec info and pricing etc.

LG, Samsung etc are also bringing out new models so if you keep an eye on www.richersounds.co.uk and also here on Boards we'll keep everyone as updated as possible on new models.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Hi Goolay,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Whole new rack of TVs are starting to come out now so the likes of the ST50 will be well gone by June unfortunately.  There will be a ST60 though so I'd imagine it would be worth looking at.  Still waiting for more spec info and pricing etc.

LG, Samsung etc are also bringing out new models so if you keep an eye on www.richersounds.co.uk and also here on Boards we'll keep everyone as updated as possible on new models.

Chris
    Thanks Chris. 55ST60 seems to be frontrunner at the moment alright. I see on this link https://www.panasonicstore.ie/products.html/shop/panasonic-smart-plasma-tv/tx-p55st60-smart-3d-viera-tv the RRP is €1799 - do you have any idea what your in-store price is likely to be? Also if it's way out - could I get a quote for the 50ST60 (RRP €1349)

You'll also be glad to hear I'll also be on the look our for deals on AV Receivers. Speaker Packages & a turntable come June also :)

Thanks Chris. 55ST60 seems to be frontrunner at the moment alright. I see on this link https://www.panasonicstore.ie/products.html/shop/panasonic-smart-plasma-tv/tx-p55st60-smart-3d-viera-tv the RRP is €1799 - do you have any idea what your in-store price is likely to be? Also if it's way out - could I get a quote for the 50ST60 (RRP €1349)

You'll also be glad to hear I'll also be on the look our for deals on AV Receivers. Speaker Packages & a turntable come June also

Hi Goolay,

Thanks for getting back to us :)

We don't have our retail pricing on either size just yet.  Will do a bit of digging and see if I can find anything for you.  Gonna be an unreal TV alright.

Whole new system then, nice one :)  We'll do our best to make sure we get you something very nice sorted.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

You'll also be glad to hear I'll also be on the look our for deals on AV Receivers. Speaker Packages & a turntable come June also
    Goo,

just having a look at the 55ST50 pricing - we are now completely sold out but we sold our last few at £999  which is approx €1200 so €1799 does appear a little expensive - - if you were going to go that far we have the 55VT50 (including a Freesat HD tuner) still available at a mad £1649.95 / €1969.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp55vt50b/pana-txp55vt50b

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks guys

I'll hold off for a few months and wait for the reviews to roll in. The VT50 is out of my price range I'm afraid. Was hoping not to spend much more than €1500 on the TV as I also plan on getting other bits and pieces. Might need to downgrade to a 50", the wife will be thrilled :)

cheers

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

I'll hold off for a few months and wait for the reviews to roll in. The VT50 is out of my price range I'm afraid. Was hoping not to spend much more than €1500 on the TV as I also plan on getting other bits and pieces. Might need to downgrade to a 50", the wife will be thrilled 

cheers

Hi Goolay,

Thanks for getting back to us.

No problem at all.  If you need anymore info just let us know :)  Make sure you keep an eye on here as we try to keep Boards updated as much as possible when new product lands with us.

Chris

Hi guys,  just wondering if there's any news about dates/prices for the ST60 range yet? I see they've started appearing on some Irish sites finally. 

cheers

Hi guys,  just wondering if there's any news about dates/prices for the ST60 range yet? I see they've started appearing on some Irish sites finally. 

cheers
    Goolay,

we have prices on the TXP42GT60 and the TXP50GT60 - but I don't have pricing on the 55GT60 yet.

For a Boardie special we can do:

TXP42GT60 at £1099.95 / €1349.99
    TXP50GT60 at £1199.95 / €1499.99

I'll include delivery countrywide in those prices..

Stock is tight on both models but we should be able to squeeze one out for you if you wanted to grab one..

If you wanted an interesting Plasma alternative we also have the Samsung PS 8500 range and we can do a Boardie special on these at:

Have a look at the What Hifi Review on the PS51F8500 in this months What Hi-Fi http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-ps51f8500 
    PS51F8500 £1749.95 / €2129.99
    PS64F8500 £2699.95 / €3179.95

Again I'll happily include delivery in those prices!

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

cheers
    Hi Goolay.

Still nothing at this end unfortunately.

I'll check with our purchasing department on Monday on an ETA and revert back.

Thanks Kenny that's perfect. 

Hi John - thanks a million for the detailed reply and alternative options. I've ruled out the GT60 series and the other sets are out of my budget, but thanks anyway. After a fair bit of research I've my heart set on the 50ST60, possibly the 55ST60 if there's deals to be had. Will need it for for first week of July if possible. If you're not getting them in, no worries - I'm also going to be looking for an AV receiver and speaker package for the same time so hopefully will be able to throw some business your way even if not TV related :)

cheers

• Advertisement

Actually, in regards to AV receiver and Speaker package I might as well get the ball rolling on what I'm looking for there also  :)

I'm looking at thee [font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Onkyo TXNR515 Av Receiver[/font] and then for speakers I'm looking to mix and match a bit. I need to go for small/bookshelf rears but for the front L/R speakers I'd like the [font=arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Q Acoustic 2010i Graphite[/font] and for centre the Q Acoustics 2000Ci. I was going to go for a 5.0 system intially due to budget constraints but I see on another thread there are half price Qacoustics Sub woofers also, if these are still available I'd be interested in one of these  - if not I'll stick to 5.0 for now. For the rears I don't have specific models in mind but something along the lines of the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS sattelites. Not sure if these are sold separately though?

I notice the Q Acoustic 2000Ci isn't listed on the .ie site but is on richersounds.com. 

I'm moving into the new house on June 28th so would be looking at getting everything in that following week. Would be happy to pay earlier in order to get the subwoofer deal etc but hoping you might be getting the ST60s in stock with the hope of a better boardsie deal due to number of items etc. 

Thanks again for all your time on this.

Actually, in regards to AV receiver and Speaker package I might as well get the ball rolling on what I'm looking for there also  

I'm looking at thee Onkyo TXNR515 Av Receiver and then for speakers I'm looking to mix and match a bit. I need to go for small/bookshelf rears but for the front L/R speakers I'd like the Q Acoustic 2010i Graphite and for centre the Q Acoustics 2000Ci. I was going to go for a 5.0 system intially due to budget constraints but I see on another thread there are half price Qacoustics Sub woofers also, if these are still available I'd be interested in one of these  - if not I'll stick to 5.0 for now. For the rears I don't have specific models in mind but something along the lines of the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS sattelites. Not sure if these are sold separately though?

I notice the Q Acoustic 2000Ci isn't listed on the .ie site but is on richersounds.com. 

I'm moving into the new house on June 28th so would be looking at getting everything in that following week. Would be happy to pay earlier in order to get the subwoofer deal etc but hoping you might be getting the ST60s in stock with the hope of a better boardsie deal due to number of items etc. 

Thanks again for all your time on this.
    Goolay,

we still don't stock the 55ST60 but here are some numbers to tempt you:

Speaker system:

Q Acoustics 2010i Fronts
    Q Acoustics 2000i Centre
    Q Acoustics 2070 Subwoofer
    Onkyo TXNR515 AV Receiver

With Panasonic TXL55ET60 - £1899.99
    With Panasonic TXL55ET60 - £2479.95
    With Panasonic TXP55VT65 - £2769.95 ( That's a cracker of a price!)

On the rears - we can get the XS satellites separately but they really are very expensive for what they offer in the realms of this system and they ideally partner with their own sub to get the correct crossover - I would recommend the Monitor Radius 45HD's instead and I can do these at £99.95 / pair reduced from £169.95 - these are really beautiful little speakers and include excellent brackets - they are really compact and the finish is excellent (they come in either Piano lacquer black or White)!

r45hd.large.jpg

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, 

Thanks a million for getting back to me. You've sold me on the 45HDs. :)  

The VT65 is waay out of my budget I'm afraid and the other two are LEDs. Ideally I was looking for a TV for <€1400 and might hold out to see what the story is with the 50ST60 is at end of month. 

If we took the TV out of the equation for now - what quote could give you me for the following:

Q Acoustics 2010i Fronts (Graphite)
    Q Acoustics 2000i Centre (Graphite)
    Q Acoustics 2070 Subwoofer (Graphite)
    Monitor Radius 45HD Rears (Black)

Speaker Cable

thanks again!

Hi John, 

Thanks a million for getting back to me. You've sold me on the 45HDs.   

The VT65 is waay out of my budget I'm afraid and the other two are LEDs. Ideally I was looking for a TV for <€1400 and might hold out to see what the story is with the 50ST60 is at end of month. 

If we took the TV out of the equation for now - what quote could give you me for the following:

Q Acoustics 2010i Fronts (Graphite)
    Q Acoustics 2000i Centre (Graphite)
    Q Acoustics 2070 Subwoofer (Graphite)
    Monitor Radius 45HD Rears (Black)

Speaker Cable

thanks again!

Hi Goolay,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

John is out of the office at the moment so thought I'd drop a reply here.

The total for the amp and speakers would be £1,178.92.  This includes the 2070i sub as we only have the 2070 subs left is gloss black.  

Do you know how much cable you'll need?  The cable I would recommend would be the Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 priced at £1.49 per meter.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-200/gale-symphony-200

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris, 

A bit confused about the price you've just quotes - way above what I was expecting. 

Unless I'm missing something obvious, the total including discount on the 45HDs and the half price sub as per http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056963823 would be:

Q Acoustics 2010i Fronts (Graphite) 124.95
    Onkyo TXNR515 AV Receiver 249.95
    Monitor Radius 45HD Rears* 99.95
    Q Acoustics 2000i Centre (Graphite) 109.99
    Q Acoustics 2070 Subwoofer 129.95

*as per price quoted by John in earlier post
    Coming to a total of 714.79, where's the extra £464.13 coming from? I presume the prices from the website in relation to fronts and rears are in pairs! As my comments above - if the half-price subwoofers are gone I'm going to leave it as a 5.0 system for now.

PS - re: speaker cable, not sure. The dimensions of the room in feet and inches are:
    20' 4" x 13' 1"
    cheers

Hi Chris, 

A bit confused about the price you've just quotes - way above what I was expecting. 

Unless I'm missing something obvious, the total including discount on the 45HDs and the half price sub as per http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056963823 would be:

Q Acoustics 2010i Fronts (Graphite) 124.95
    Onkyo TXNR515 AV Receiver 249.95
    Monitor Radius 45HD Rears* 99.95
    Q Acoustics 2000i Centre (Graphite) 109.99
    Q Acoustics 2070 Subwoofer 129.95

*as per price quoted by John in earlier post
    Coming to a total of 714.79, where's the extra £464.13 coming from? I presume the prices from the website in relation to fronts and rears are in pairs! As my comments above - if the half-price subwoofers are gone I'm going to leave it as a 5.0 system for now.

PS - re: speaker cable, not sure. The dimensions of the room in feet and inches are:
    20' 4" x 13' 1"
    cheers
    Hi Goolay.

Apologies, seems Chris added the full prices of the items together rather than the special prices listed for you.

The total of £714.79 (Half price sub still valid) would be correct with £19.95 delivery to cover such a large shipment.

For the speaker cable are the rears being mounted on the wall if so how high up (Normally just above head height at sitting level). 
    Would 2m do each front and 1m for the center or are they to be further from the amp?
    How far away would the subwoofer be from the amp as it run on a sub-link cable rather than speaker cable.

Hi Goolay.

Apologies, seems Chris added the full prices of the items together rather than the special prices listed for you.

The total of £714.79 (Half price sub still valid) would be correct with £19.95 delivery to cover such a large shipment.

For the speaker cable are the rears being mounted on the wall if so how high up (Normally just above head height at sitting level). 
    Would 2m do each front and 1m for the center or are they to be further from the amp?
    How far away would the subwoofer be from the amp as it run on a sub-link cable rather than speaker cable.
    Hi Kenny, 

Great, thanks. 

I'm afraid I'm not 100% certain yet on whether the rears will be wall mounted or on shelves yet as we haven't moved in yet and we are having some purpose build shelves made. Will have them at head height alright. 

Here's a quick diagram I've done up showing where I plan to place everything, includes measurements. 

Amp & Centre will be sitting under the TV. 

Hope this helps:

3AA2B47AE3474B11B901EA74FCA0FE3C-0000341111-0003276671-00800L-38B74CCD052C4A5AABE454F491807C66.jpg

Hi Kenny, 

Great, thanks. 

I'm afraid I'm not 100% certain yet on whether the rears will be wall mounted or on shelves yet as we haven't moved in yet and we are having some purpose build shelves made. Will have them at head height alright. 

Here's a quick diagram I've done up showing where I plan to place everything, includes measurements. 

Hope this helps:
    The Radius 45HD's or 90HD's   ;) would be excellent either wall or shelf mounted as they come with a really excellent bracket - have you considered the 90's??

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi Kenny, 

Great, thanks. 

Hope this helps:
    Hey Goolay.

I think 36m should be enough to run the cable around the skirting to the rear speakers and the front 3 also. (Going from the drawing the wooden floor is already down?)
    For cable we have the Symphony 100 priced at 99p per meter:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-100/gale-symphony-100

Above that the Symphony 200 priced at £1.49 per meter:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-200/gale-symphony-200

We also do a flat version the Symphony 300 priced at £1.99 per meter:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-300/gale-symphony-300

I take it from the drawing the sub is the one between the chair and the TV? We do a nice 5m cable priced at £14.99 and would connect the sub to the amp.

Hey Goolay.

I think 36m should be enough to run the cable around the skirting to the rear speakers and the front 3 also. (Going from the drawing the wooden floor is already down?)
    For cable we have the Symphony 100 priced at 99p per meter:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-100/gale-symphony-100

Above that the Symphony 200 priced at £1.49 per meter:

We also do a flat version the Symphony 300 priced at £1.99 per meter:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-300/gale-symphony-300

I take it from the drawing the sub is the one between the chair and the TV? We do a nice 5m cable priced at £14.99 and would connect the sub to the amp.
    Hi Kenny,

I'd go for the Symphony 100 as on a tight budget I'm afraid and I'm already going over it. 
    Yeah I'm actually probably going to have the sub a bit closer to the tv and amp then the picture, 5meters might be overkill - do they come in shorter sizes? Can't see the sub cable section on website

cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

I'd go for the Symphony 100 as on a tight budget I'm afraid and I'm already going over it. 
    Yeah I'm actually probably going to have the sub a bit closer to the tv and amp then the picture, 5meters might be overkill - do they come in shorter sizes? Can't see the sub cable section on website

cheers
    Hey Goolay.

We do a 1.5 meter sub-link for £9.99 if that would be long enough.
    Symphony 100 x36 meters would come in at £35.64 (lets call it £35)

Grand total all in would be £779.73 which for the kit is a cracking price :D

Good stuff, thanks Kenny. 

Should I mail or PM you?

cheers

Good stuff, thanks Kenny. 

Should I mail or PM you?

cheers
    Hey Goolay.

You can drop me a number in a PM or give me a call on 0044 333 900 0070 and we can have you looked after.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.