Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social events for like-minded people?

• 28-03-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone know of good social events where you can meet people with mods. I've been living in Dublin for almost two years, and I've only came across a handful of people with serious piercings. I mean, I've been to Club Hell and stuff, but that's not really the crowd I'm looking for. Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Have you ever looked up Dr. Sketchy Dublin on facebook? On my phone so can't link right now sorry.

They're an art society that meet up to sketch nude live models, but the poses and themes are kind of burlesque/dominatrix/lolita type stuff. Whilst you can't guarantee meeting heavily mod people, it is quite a creative bunch from what I've seen so far.

No photography or phones are allowed so as to protect models.

Raging there's not something like this in the North West.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Maybe go to some conventions? Dublin Tattoo Convention isn't on till November but maybe look into going to some others around the country over the summer.

You could try going into tattoo and piercing studios - they would have information on events that they would be helping out in such as sponsored tattooing or some suspension shows.

Failing that, you could get yourself to some different pubs aside from Club Hell (assuming that rock/metal/alternative is your scene)? Hell can be a bit "generic" so you could try get to Fibbers or The Pint when there's a gig on.

And bodymod beers - whenever we organise one :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jenizzle wrote: »
    Well we have one organised for the 20th of April :P

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

jenizzle wrote: »
    Maybe go to some conventions? Dublin Tattoo Convention isn't on till November but maybe look into going to some others around the country over the summer.

You could try going into tattoo and piercing studios - they would have information on events that they would be helping out in such as sponsored tattooing or some suspension shows.

Failing that, you could get yourself to some different pubs aside from Club Hell (assuming that rock/metal/alternative is your scene)? Hell can be a bit "generic" so you could try get to Fibbers or The Pint when there's a gig on.

I've not really found pubs that suit my musical taste in Dublin. Clubs like Workman's play some good indie, but the crowd there tends to be very ... fake.

I am getting involved with suspending soon, as I'm fairly well acquainted with a suspension crew in Dublin.

And I have little to no interest in tattoos, which is apparently quite rare for someone who's into body mods! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The pint will be full of metal faced peoples. The problem with piercings is people got hrough phases of being heavily pierced to barely any so you can't really tell who is into them like you can with ink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Oooooh! Dr. Sketchy's classes look interesting! I've always wanted to get back into doing life drawing as my anatomy drawing skills are virtually non-existent and, much like the OP, I don't know many folk with heavy mods. I'm also told that the Sugar Club has a pretty esoeteric crowd but maybe that's just on Rocky Horror nights. :/
    I'm not much of a clubber so I can't say for definate...

Advertisement