Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loreto Nutgrove / Ratfarnham

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Would anyone know what the local Girls or mixed Catholic national school is for the housing estate of loreto off the nutgrove road.

Would this estate be part of the Annunciation Parish (church beside yellow house)

Currently looking at a house in the area and trying to work out school etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Good Shepard would be the primary school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

If its the one I'm thinking of its an educated together school (turn past nutgrove s/c on way to rathfarnham?)

The other girls school in the area, practically backs on to it, Loreto n/c and is accessible in the turn off the Grange Road, left hand side on the way up (not to be confused with the Loreto private in the Right)

C

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

showit wrote: »
    Would anyone know what the local Girls or mixed Catholic national school is for the housing estate of loreto off the nutgrove road.

Would this estate be part of the Annunciation Parish (church beside yellow house)

Currently looking at a house in the area and trying to work out school etc

Thanks

your best bet is to call the school with the name of the estate. I live in this area and demand for schools is incredibly high. Baby boom time I think. Also educate together schools don't operate an admissions policy so it doesn't matter where you live. It is simply first come first served. My little boy was put down for ET rathfarnham when he was 6 months old and he was still 215 on the list. Loreto national school is accessed off the grange road at the end of the lane (not to be confused with the big secondary school) and their policy is siblings then catchment area in order of age. Definitely check with the school. We didn't get our first choice school and we're in the catchment area as there were so many siblings so if you're not in the catchment area you won't really have a hope. Good luck.

Advertisement