Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost laptop & camera

Options
  • 28-03-2013 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

My fellow boardsies, I turn to you in my time of need...

I just got out of a taxi, and realised I left my bag, containing a black MSI laptop & Canon 550D camera (with kit lens and 50mm lens) on the back seat.

I've rang the carriage office but it rang through. I'm offering a reward for the safe recovery of said laptop & camera!

All I know about the driver is that his middle name is Innocent (an apt name I hope) and he is from Biafra. I tipped him well, so I hope he might hand in my bag.

The laptop and & camera are extremely important as I work in film production. I hope the mods won't mind me posting here as it's the only busy forum at this time of night.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

And I know I'm a fecking eegit for leaving them in the taxi. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

face1990 wrote: »
    My fellow boardsies, I turn to you in my time of need...

I just got out of a taxi, and realised I left my bag, containing a black MSI laptop & Canon 550D camera (with kit lens and 50mm lens) on the back seat.

I've rang the carriage office but it rang through. I'm offering a reward for the safe recovery of said laptop & camera!

All I know about the driver is that his middle name is Innocent (an apt name I hope) and he is from Biafra. I tipped him well, so I hope he might hand in my bag.

The laptop and & camera are extremely important as I work in film production. I hope the mods won't mind me posting here as it's the only busy forum at this time of night.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

And I know I'm a fecking eegit for leaving them in the taxi. :(
    Halo cab was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to Dublin City. Please note their charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Tearwave wrote: »
    Halo cab was it?

No, I hailed it on Amiens street (just south of the five lamps) and got off on Elm Mount Road, Artane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Was it an unbranded taxi? Was it one with a Green TAXI logo? What color was the car?

It was unbranded. Not sure of the colour as it was nighttime, but it was dark coloured. The middle name Innocent has led me to a Mr <mod snip - do not name private individuals - contact the Gardai if you wish> who I'd like to contact to see if he was the driver.

Nothing handed in at the Garda lost & found, but they said to keep checking over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

face1990 wrote: »
    It was unbranded. Not sure of the colour as it was nighttime, but it was dark coloured. The middle name Innocent has led me to a Mr <mod snip - tidy up> who I'd like to contact to see if he was the driver.

Nothing handed in at the Garda lost & found, but they said to keep checking over the next few days.

I'd be more worried about whoever he picked up after you than the driver, in most cases.

spurious wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about whoever he picked up after you than the driver, in most cases.

Yeah absolutely, but it's the only line of enquiry I have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

OP, 2 years ago I got on Dublin Bus on Butterfield Avenue, the 15B. I sat down. In order to get something out of my case, I left my ticket on the ledge - I was sitting at the back of the bus. It was a ticket which could be used for multiple journeys - a Ramber 30 day.
    The dude beside me, who also lives on my road, took the ticket, and was going to pocket it. I caught him at it, and took it back from him. Yes he was gonna keep it. That's Dublin for ya.

Advertisement