Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

open LMO jobs in Calgary and Edmonton

Options
  • 28-03-2013 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Dear all,

I could find open LMO jobs in Calgary at calgary.kijiji.ca

There are some in Edmonton as well.

For these jobs, the LMO is guaranteed and probably there isn't a waiting time for it. All that is needed is the temporary work permit which takes 50-70 days according to some website.

Are these jobs easy to get employed in? Is there a lot of competition to get them? Any help and experience will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Once an LMO is granted there's no wait for a work permit, you get it on entry into the country from the CIC

Sounds a bit fishy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10 echo198

COYVB wrote: »
    Once an LMO is granted there's no wait for a work permit, you get it on entry into the country from the CIC

Sounds a bit fishy to me

These are mainly bar, food and hospitality jobs. First, the job has to be obtained, I must be in Canada and go to the interview. These open LMO jobs are only available in Calgary and Edmonton to the best of my knowledge. This page says the work permit takes 47 - 59 days:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

you can't get an lmo without having a job offer....

COYVB wrote: »
    you can't get an lmo without having a job offer....

I know, mate.
    For these jobs, there is no need to worry about the LMO, if you get the job then the LMO is guaranteed.

Still doesn't make sense to me really lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

lmo for mainly bar, food and hospitality jobs that should of been enough;) avoid.

Calgary22 wrote: »
    lmo for mainly bar, food and hospitality jobs that should of been enough;) avoid.

What do you mean, mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

This is common enough. The hotel my better half works in does it. They'll apply for 10 open LMO's and then go about filling the positions from abroad. Its usually housekeeping.

I've also hear of it used to get machine operators.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    This is common enough. The hotel my better half works in does it. They'll apply for 10 open LMO's and then go about filling the positions from abroad. Its usually housekeeping.

I've also hear of it used to get machine operators.

Thanks a lot, mate.

Do you know cities other than Calgary and Edmonton that have these jobs?
    Also, can I get these jobs easily if I am not from a western or European country?

Where are you from?:)

• Advertisement

Where are you from?:)

A GCC country, one in the area where Dubai is.

Ohrite very good i cant see how it would effect you i cant help anymore but i wish you all the best:)

Ohrite very good i cant see how it would effect you i cant help anymore but i wish you all the best:)

Thanks a lot mate

Why did you say I should avoid this kind of jobs? Are they too hard or not paid fairly?

Advertisement