Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircom webmail down ?

Options
  • 28-03-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭

Since yesterday, when I enter username & password, it just hangs indefinitely.

Anyone else experiencing problems ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

eigrod wrote: »
    Since yesterday, when I enter username & password, it just hangs indefinitely.

Anyone else experiencing problems ?
    Hi eigrod

There are no new reported incidents of the eircom email service being down however there have been issues in the past.

Have you tried to login through the eircom website? Please follow this link to see if you can login: https://secure.eircom.net/email/

Also, If issues persist please contact email support on the following contact numbers:

1890260260 for existing eircom broadband customers

1530277100 for non eircom customers

Kind regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hi Alan,

Thanks for reply. I seem to be able to get in if I click on "Switch to standard HTML version" when it's hanging, but otherwise, I still can't. I'm also getting in using email client.

Thanks for reply

eigrod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for reply. I seem to be able to get in if I click on "Switch to standard HTML version" when it's hanging, but otherwise, I still can't. I'm also getting in using email client.

Thanks for reply

eigrod

Hi eigrod

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm happy to see that the issue is somewhat resolved but it may be worth contacting email support as they may be able to provide some advice on the HTML situation.

Best wishes

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I had that problem with a customers PC during the week as well.

I could get in fine through Chrome & Firefox but not through Internet Explorer.

IE had just been upgraded to IE10 so I'm suspecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Same problem Safari won't work anymore. Have to use Firefox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Condatis wrote: »
    Same problem Safari won't work anymore. Have to use Firefox.

Hi guys,

Just following up to insure that you can access the eircom webmail ok?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

We use Zimbra email at work and we have the same issue with clients running IE10,

Hi guys,

Just following up to insure that you can access the eircom webmail ok?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Problem is still happening for me. Am using IE10 on Windows 7.

eigrod

Hi Mark,

Problem is still happening for me. Am using IE10 on Windows 7.

eigrod

Hi Guys,

Regarding the webmail issues with IE10 managers in support got back to me as follows:

"Turning on compatibility mode seems to rectify the issue - there is an icon for it at the right of the address bar if there are issues on the current site.

Otherwise they can go to “tools” -> “compatibility view settings” and add the website manually".

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Guys,

Regarding the webmail issues with IE10 managers in support got back to me as follows:

"Turning on compatibility mode seems to rectify the issue - there is an icon for it at the right of the address bar if there are issues on the current site.

Otherwise they can go to “tools” -> “compatibility view settings” and add the website manually".

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Still not working for me in IE10.

The eircom.net website was already in my list of websites under the "compatibility view settings".

eigrod

• Advertisement

Hi eigrod,

Support advised it would be best to call them on 1890 260 260 (If you have eircom broadband) or 1530 277 100 if eircom is not your ISP.
    As they have checked a number of mail accounts through EI and they could not find an issue with the server or platform. So they will need to go through it step by step.

Thnanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dec_

My email has been working for years now all of a sudden it stopped. They say it is still active but i have to phone a 33c per min line to see what they have done wrong.

Are they screwing all the people who have left Eircom

Dec_ wrote: »
    My email has been working for years now all of a sudden it stopped. They say it is still active but i have to phone a 33c per min line to see what they have done wrong.

Are they screwing all the people who have left Eircom

Hi Dec_,

eircom net e-mail address' are only disabled if it has been inactive for a substantial period of time.

The 1530 support number is available for customers looking for support with their eircom net email when they are with another ISP.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

This page can't be displayed
    • Make sure the web address https://vzmbx21.eircom.net is correct.
    • Look for the page with your search engine.
    • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
    • Make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security
    • Check that all network cables are plugged in.
    • Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
    • Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
    • See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
    • Restart your router.
    Fix connection problems

Hi eircom the above message is an error i'm getting trying to logon to my email.

Any idea why

roxybing wrote: »
    This page can't be displayed

Make sure the web address https://vzmbx21.eircom.net is correct.
    Look for the page with your search engine.
    Refresh the page in a few minutes.
    Make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security

Check that all network cables are plugged in.
    Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
    Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
    See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
    Restart your router.

Fix connection problems

Hi eircom the above message is an error i'm getting trying to logon to my email.

Any idea why

Hi roxybing,

Have you you tried to access the page with different browsers? Firefox, Chrome, Internet explorer.

To see if you are getting the same error message?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

Hi roxybing,

Have you you tried to access the page with different browsers? Firefox, Chrome, Internet explorer.

To see if you are getting the same error message?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark thanks for the reply,

I have being using Google chrome and it's working fine. I think IE10 is bucked. I spoke with one of the reps and he helped me get access to my emails.

my faith has being restored with Eircom.

A leopard can change its spots :)

Thanks for the reply again.

Advertisement