Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 new jobs for Waterford in Nypro

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Just heard the news today, great news really great news for Waterford, 200 new jobs in Medical Device production based in the IDA Park, just accross from Whitfield wonder is that a strategic position? ha!

Very happy for Waterford today, long time coming and i hope this helps the economy and alot of families in difficulty. lets hope its the start of a new investment phase!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

What I like about it is that they were here before and decided to come back. It puts pay to this bull that you get that there is something wrong with Waterford. You don’t come back to a place a second time and invest €60 million if there is something wrong with a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

where do you apply for them jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

tankbarry wrote: »
    where do you apply for them jobs

Recruitment has commenced and applications can be made through careersireland@nypro.com

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/careers/item/32064-200-new-jobs-as-medical/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Im sure the jobs will be advertised on recruitireland or pages like that.
    Yeah the jobs were suppose to be created back in 2001 or something like that, I think they have a production facility in Wexford

BBM77 wrote: »
    What I like about it is that they were here before and decided to come back. It puts pay to this bull that you get that there is something wrong with Waterford. You don’t come back to a place a second time and invest €60 million if there is something wrong with a place.

Investment wise there is certainly nothing wrong with Waterford. Plenty of IDA parks, proximity to a port and a great road network linked to the city. Brilliant to see investment and may there be much more to come in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Good news. Even better that it seems from a number of articles that the 200 figure will increase as the years go on.

I hope it gets plenty of media coverage and that in turn will lead to further investment.

Does anybody know if that IDA Park has many free units in it?

Id like 6.1 news to do a coverage of waterford and investment in waterford and the lack of it and the need for it etc etc, being one of the worst hit counties i think we need all the leg ups we can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anyone know what there like to work for??

I hope it gets plenty of media coverage and that in turn will lead to further investment.

Does anybody know if that IDA Park has many free units in it?

Id like 6.1 news to do a coverage of waterford and investment in waterford and the lack of it and the need for it etc etc, being one of the worst hit counties i think we need all the leg ups we can get!

They are not going in the ida park there moving back into the building the used to occupy next to fas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Anyone know what there like to work for??

I worked for them for 2 years when they were here back in the early 2000's and they were great to work for, i never had any issues with them at all!!

It was a pity to see them pack up and head to south america but it was costing them too much here compared to what they were getting it done for over there!!

delighted to hear someone is investing in Waterford :)

H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Is Waterford Stanley not in that factory now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

They are not going in the ida park there moving back into the building the used to occupy next to fas

Aren't Waterford Stanley in there now?? or are you talking about that extension next door that was built??

H

Heathen wrote: »
    Aren't Waterford Stanley in there now?? or are you talking about that extension next door that was built??

H

arent stanely only renting that building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

I wonder will those who were laying into to coalition for not 'doing anything for Waterford' will be as loud in their praise for their efforts to secure these jobs?

No, I thought not.

Anynama141 wrote: »
    I wonder will those who were laying into to coalition for not 'doing anything for Waterford' will be as loud in their praise for their efforts to secure these jobs?

No, I thought not.

Did the government create the 200 jobs or something, i thought it was Nypro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Did the government create the 200 jobs or something, i thought it was Nypro.

But yet when jobs are lost its the governments fault for not doing anything to keep em :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

No, I thought not.
    Well, if they are moving back into their old premises, and as was mentioned earlier, that they have a new contract with Bausch and Lomb, then I wouldn't be too confident it was much to do with the coalition, or even any other ourside organisation.

But yet when jobs are lost its the governments fault for not doing anything to keep em :rolleyes:
    EXACTLY.

The government gets all the blame when places close, or nobody arrives, and they get no credit when places open.

With such a stupid electorate, why would you expect good government? Irish people only want easy answers.

EXACTLY.

The government gets all the blame when places close, or nobody arrives, and they get no credit when places open.

How are ya Enda?

How are ya Enda?
    Good man Art. I guess you've no actual counterargument to make?

(by the way, Inda would hardly be pointing out how crap Irish governments are, would he?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Fair play to tiernan on rte news at one, nice little daggar thrown at Enda at the end of the report!

twistables wrote: »
    Fair play to tiernan on rte news at one, nice little daggar thrown at Enda at the end of the report!
    Yup. It's Enda's fault when companies leave, and not to his credit when they arrive.

Typical Irish voter attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Stanley are in the old hp chemie building and are just using the old nypro site as storage and there definitely moving out of there, so could be they're going back in there.

Stanley are in the old hp chemie building and are just using the old nypro site as storage and there definitely moving out of there, so could be they're going back in there.
    I wonder will they look to rehire former employees, or give them any priority?

I wonder will they look to rehire former employees, or give them any priority?

I was listening to WLR FM today and they were saying that the jobs wont be coming online for another 16 months? did i hear that wrong?

I was listening to WLR FM today and they were saying that the jobs wont be coming online for another 16 months? did i hear that wrong?
    I thought they were already accepting applications? Maybe they will come on stream gradually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Yup. It's Enda's fault when companies leave, and not to his credit when they arrive.

Typical Irish voter attitude.
    Correct its the attitude of a voter from waterford who feels his county is being decimated and a government doing nothing but aiding its decimation with the treat over WRH, miss information to downgrade our city, moving vec office to Wexford, this is the first big jobs announcement in waterford for a long time while we saw other counties a jobs boost.
    Seems to me the your beloved government are very slow to help waterford for some reason, 200 jobs today granted but still about 14,000 to create,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

twistables wrote: »
    Correct its the attitude of a voter from waterford who feels his county is being decimated and a government doing nothing but aiding its decimation with the treat over WRH, miss information to downgrade our city, moving vec office to Wexford, this is the first big jobs announcement in waterford for a long time while we saw other counties a jobs boost.
    Seems to me the your beloved government are very slow to help waterford for some reason, 200 jobs today granted but still about 14,000 to create,

The problem is, twistables, that a lot of FG fanboys jump on these types of threads. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Good man Art. I guess you've no actual counterargument to make?

(by the way, Inda would hardly be pointing out how crap Irish governments are, would he?)

He is quite good at pointing fingers at another former government party... Didn't quite do much in opposition did he? but what would I know I'm a stupid electorate, and only want easy answers/life
    PS. NO Voter/FAN Of Bertie/Brian either

Getting back to Nypro how long were they here Last time in early 2000's?
    Did they have a big operation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Advertisement