Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 new jobs for Waterford in Nypro

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    No such thing any more, I'm afraid.

I agree with you on that one IT jobs can vary big time , Unless your some kind of high end Software Developer you should have no problem getting work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

gw80 wrote: »
    life behind a computer! yawn:)

Not really life as such just a few hours a week and earn probably twice the average wage of someone busting their nuts inside a factory or on some site.

But your right that is boring. What people really want it to be 40 and barely able to walk because their back is ****ed from lifting blocks. Thats a real life right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

Media999 wrote: »
    Not really life as such just a few hours a week and earn probably twice the average wage of someone busting their nuts inside a factory or on some site.

But your right that is boring. What people really want it to be 40 and barely able to walk because their back is ****ed from lifting blocks. Thats a real life right there.

Nah, still yawn:D

ps. I dont work in a factory or lift blocks

p.s.s. although It can be back breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Not at all. I think IT was a smart choice. Pays very well anyway.

4 short years for a well paid secure job for life.

Not nowadays.

Some people with IT degrees working in anything BUT IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Some generalising there. Each to their own. Nothing worse than a penny looking down on two halfpennies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Meanwhile back on topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Anyone get an interview there recently , how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

7upfree wrote: »
    Not nowadays.

Some people with IT degrees working in anything BUT IT.

Either ****e at their job or not willing to move to work. Harsh but the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

What people really want it to be 40 and barely able to walk because their back is ****ed from lifting blocks. Thats a real life right there.
    Or a bad back from carrying a placard on protests and strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Anyone heard of any recruitment for Operators yet? Saw an ad in Munster express a few weeks ago. Mentioned that they were going to be recruiting operators and team leaders in the near future.

Anyone been called for assessment/interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

no i think they will be at the recruitment fair in the waterford city library thats on thursday and friday. the factory was supposed to be fully operational from april

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

tramoreman wrote: »
    no i think they will be at the recruitment fair in the waterford city library thats on thursday and friday. the factory was supposed to be fully operational from april
    When Med device companies are setting up shop, it takes a hell of a lot of Validation of all the machines and processes. This can easily over run. Until this is all done, Operators are not really needed.

I imagine that they are coming to that point now.

Advertisement