Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT - Postgraduate Diploma in Law?

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The OH is considering this Postgraduate with DIT starting next year. She has experience of law from her undergrad, and works in the area of youth justice.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the course, such as:
    1. Reputation
    2. Career Progression
    3. Quality of lectures / lecturers
    4. Any thing else

Any relevant information would be great. Course details can be found at the link below:
    http://www.dit.ie/socialscienceslaw/law/postgraduateprogrammes/postgraduatediplomainlaw/

Kind Regards,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

budhabob wrote: »
    Hi All,

The OH is considering this Postgraduate with DIT starting next year. She has experience of law from her undergrad, and works in the area of youth justice.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the course, such as:
    1. Reputation
    2. Career Progression
    3. Quality of lectures / lecturers
    4. Any thing else

Any relevant information would be great. Course details can be found at the link below:
    http://www.dit.ie/socialscienceslaw/law/postgraduateprogrammes/postgraduatediplomainlaw/

Kind Regards,

Rob

Hi,

Did your OH get the above questions answered from anywhere? I'm finding it difficult to get any information on it. I was going to do a law degree but DIT offered this post grad. Any info would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi,

Did your OH get the above questions answered from anywhere? I'm finding it difficult to get any information on it. I was going to do a law degree but DIT offered this post grad. Any info would be great.

I got the following response from a kind boards member through PM.
    it is quite intensive but the lecturers are pretty good and you get a lot of scope to take a variety of subjects. If your OH is thinking of becoming a solicitor they can focus on the FE-1 subjects and the course will get her up to speed for the exam, if not then their is plenty of scope for interesting subjects like employment, human rights etc.

In terms of employment prospects it really depends on what they want to focus on. Even if she has a post grad already, having one in general law would be quite handy. If she wants to become a solicitor maybe consider doing a fe-1 prep course as they are more focused on the exams or if she wants to become a barrister

She is now looking at a different course having discussed her particular case with the course coordinator who gave her some great advice on what might be more suitable to her. I would recommend that avenue to you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawlearner

I'm starting this course in September, just wondering if anyone out there who has done the course can recommend any core texts? I'm such a nerd!!

Advertisement