Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easter dinner options in waterford

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Heading down to Faithlegg for a few days over the Easter and wondering where to go for Easter dinner on sunday. Obviously Faithlegg is an option but depending on expense and how formal it is we may go elsewhere.
    We have a busy 25 month old to entertain so needs to be relatvely kid friendly, thanks. Any other events over the weeknd worth going to?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Jack Meades Pub - you'll pass it on the way to Faithlegg House. Nothing fancy about the food, but its good, they have playground for kids and also a walk with various animals to look at.

Or travel over to Woodstown, about a 15min drive, nice beach to walk on, Saratoga Bar with pub grub is family friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks guys. My last visit I tried jack meades, not terrible but not my kind of place. Had a lovely dinner this evening in the faithlegg golf clubhouse. Will check out the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I'd recommend Becketts too if you want to stay out of the city. Not too far from Faithlegg and is child friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

You could do alot worse than taking a short spin to Dunmore East and The Spinnaker for dinner. Great food that won't break the bank and a beautiful spot for a post dinner stroll if the weather permits.

I've never had the chowder myself but seens to be popular!

http://www.menupages.ie/waterford/east_waterford/dunmore_east/the_spinnaker_bar_and_restaurant#.UVTmDDeE2F8

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Does it have to be in the city?

Sully wrote: »
    Does it have to be in the city?

No not at all. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well all the restaurants are open in Tramore, so you could tie in a walk along the beach / promenade before or after your meal? :) There is a three-day 'ska' music festival in the town starting today, in some of the pubs and in the Grand Hotel.

The Grand Hotel & O'Shea's Hotel are defiantly open for food, but I am not 100% sure on the Majestic yet.

The Vee Bistro has won the Taste of Ireland award for two consecutive years, 2012 & 2013. The Market St. won the Taste of Ireland award in 2012. The Raglan Road / Esquire is another popular restaurant that has been around for years. These three restaurants are all within walking distance from each other (just a few meters).

The Victoria House Bar does lovely food, seating upstairs and downstairs with some lovely views of Tramore. The Seahorse Tavern has re-opened under new management with the former head chef from the famous Pine Rooms restaurant, and they seem to be doing very well since opening so that's another option for you. These two restaurants are a little bit further away from each other, but only 2mins walk at most.

If your into Indian, Voujon Cafe is very popular and then Sunshine Chinese Restaurant has offers on for Easter Sunday in particular;

Easter Sunday & Monday Offer: 4 Course Lunch Special on Easter Sunday & Sunday fpr €14.50pp. Main Course from €8.50

You can view all the menus and the restaurants here;
    http://www.discovertramore.ie/restaurants

Tramore is fantastic in terms of access to restaurants. There all child friendly and within walking distance from each other. A walk along the promenade might be nice also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Waterford Castle were advertising a family Sunday lunch and Easter egg hunt on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kilkennygirl

Becketts is a very friendly walk in restaurant. While it is always busy, waiting times for tables are normally not that long.
    If you want a traditional Sunday lunch The Granville Hotel on the Quay does bar and restaurant food/ I would recommend booking the restaurant. The carvery is very popular with locals and can be very busy.

• Advertisement

Lots of food for thought there thanks. Did the tramore thing today, happened across vee bistro; fantastic!

Advertisement