Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card scammed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

My wife was told that it "should" take 2 weeks from when the bank fraud department receives the letter detailing the fraudulent transactions, but they don't actually contact you, the advise was keep checking your balance everyday until the money is returned.
    It would be nice if they explained how it happened and is there anything that could be done in the future to prevent it, at this stage we have checked my wife's bank statement and the only on line transactions are from reputable companies, so we are still confused as to how the fraud was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

They got rid of all the clever people in Banking IT and out sourced it .
    Thats why theres all these loopholes in banking IT systems.
    Blame Bill Gates ... and thats not a joke.

They got rid of all the clever people in Banking IT and out sourced it .
    Thats why theres all these loopholes in banking IT systems.
    Blame Bill Gates ... and thats not a joke.

This is the "business" in New York where the transactions took place! I am being serious! So do you think that Bill Gates was in there last week running up my wife's debit card?:confused:

http://splash-nyc.com/

All monies have been returned to my wife's account, 3 days from when the bank received the letter detailing the bogus transactions, if we only knew how it happened we might be able to prevent it in the future, I'm probably wrong but I think the reason the banks don't give out details of how this sort of thing happens is because then everyone would see how piss poor their on line security is!

Thanks for the comments people and hopefully it wouldn't happen again.

• Administrators Posts: 14,027 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'm glad it got sorted quickly for you. Yeah, we never found out. We were questioning ourselves for ages after.. were we careless at a bank machine/POS? Was it an online transaction that wasn't secure? Then when we heard about the Getaway Breaks security breach we wondered was it from that. Although ours was months before that came out, himself thought it was possible the breach happened months before, and was only being discovered at that stage? We'll never know.

Very annoying, and upsetting when it happens though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement