Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old fountain from the peoples park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

pofarrell wrote: »
    Hi
    Has anyone got any idea as to where the fountain went that was in the peoples park, surely its better than the slimeball. see attachment

http://www.waterfordcountyimages.org/exhibit/web/StreamImage/preview/K0fVzvmmuZI9Q/K0fVzvmmuZI9Q.jpg

Last I heard it was being regularly vandalised and was quite expensive to keep repairing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Last I heard it was being regularly vandalised and was quite expensive to keep repairing.

So rather then deal with the people that break it they just remove it and now its likely long sold off or something.

This is why we can't have nice things :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I actually do wonder does it actually still exist or is it just scrap somewhere now.

Kinda like the portlairge rotting away down in wexford :(

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

It was completely wrecked by vandals back in the 70,s.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 pofarrell

thanks for all the replies, dissapointing to here that its been distroyed
    regards peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

AFAIK, some Dubliners down for the day completely vandalised it years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Twas still there up until about 10/15 years ago without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

O Riain wrote: »
    Twas still there up until about 10/15 years ago without a doubt

+1 I remember it been there until the new one was put in

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Who know's, it might get reincarnated; the Carron cannon's made it back after their ridicules positioning in front of the Bishop's Palace. How many times has the bandstand been repaired, would be nice to see the fountain back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 pofarrell

Does anyone know where the 'bits' might be, or who may know?... it would have to be a worthwhile project to restore it regards Peter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    AFAIK, some Dubliners down for the day completely vandalised it years back.

Shamrock Rovers supporters in the early 80s AFAIK.

Advertisement