Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird & Wonderful Omelette

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ingredients:

Cooking:

Eating time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That looks good. I'll give it another go tonight or tomorrow, might try to tweak it a little.

mike65 wrote: »
    That looks good. I'll give it another good tonight or tomorrow, might try to tweak it a little.

It was yummy. I had it with 3 Ryvita and a cup of tea. I'm gonna try a potato version over the weekend, bit low on supplies til I do the weekly shop tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Did you cook the couscous before putting it in? :confused:

I have to say, I have never ever heard of putting couscous into an omelette!

Faith wrote: »
    Did you cook the couscous before putting it in? :confused:

I have to say, I have never ever heard of putting couscous into an omelette!

No, I just sprinkle it on top and it cooks itself in the moistness of the egg mix. I don't mix it through cos it tends to stick in the pan. It's just a bit of filler to make the omelette more substantial. I was starving one day and only had 2 eggs so I added it to make a bigger meal. It doesn't change the flavour but gives a nice texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Usually go for 3 eggs with pepper added to them, then have gouda, scallion, ham, salami and chicken on top. Makes for a beautiful ommlette

• Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I had an omelette at the weekend that I thought was really nice

Fried up:
    bacon bits, chopped up pork meatballs from aldi (yellow packaging) and onion

Heated up ye ol reliable pulled pork from the cooking club recipe

Mixed up 2 eggs, some milk and dash of salt

I cooked the mixture on it's own and after I flipped it I added hot salsa and all the ingredients above plus grated cheese and folded it over and cooked it for a short time more.

Was really tasty!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Omelettes are a great way of using all the leftovers in one go. My favourite had prawns, muscles, olives, garlic, scallions and cheese. Nom nom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

If I'm making an omlette its usually a pre/post gym meal which includes -

chicken, spinach, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, red onion and a handful of cheese (made with 3 eggs, S&P, garlic - no butter/milk)

Fry all the ingredients in coconut oil and add in the beaten eggs & seasoning.

If I'm having one for breakfast its got to be smoked salmon, button mushroom and crumbled black pudding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

not something i often see but my grandmothers recipe involved seperating the egg yolks and whites, then whisking the whites until soft peaks form (as you would making a meringue) ..then folding that back in with the whisked egg yolks.. cook the rest of the ingredients as you would for any omelette, cook slowly on a low to medium heat and finish off under the grill/broiler so the bottom doesnt get burnt.

it makes a really fluffly omelette!

im hungry now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dyer wrote: »
    not something i often see but my grandmothers recipe involved seperating the egg yolks and whites, then whisking the whites until soft peaks form (as you would making a meringue) ..then folding that back in with the whisked egg yolks.. cook the rest of the ingredients as you would for any omelette, cook slowly on a low to medium heat and finish off under the grill/broiler so the bottom doesnt get burnt.

it makes a really fluffly omelette!

im hungry now...

It's called a souffle Omelette, I used to make them a lot when I was in college because they look like loads of food and it's a good way of tricking yourself into believing you had a big meal when you're broke :P

Souffle omelette and some beans, the dinner of a broke professional cookery student :P

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

I make a caprese omelette with tomato,basil and mozzarella cheese!

Advertisement