Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone find Dunphy and co. completely boring?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

T-K-O wrote: »
    I dont know the squad inside out but some players are rubbish

Never mind, if it's all of them or just some of them, they are 20 points ahead in the table...20 points :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Never mind, if it's all of them or just some of them, they are 20 points ahead in the table...20 points :confused:

So what? I never mentioned Bayern.

Some players are rubbish and RTE is the only channel I know of were the pundits are not afraid to say so.

When Souness first came on board. I remember the look of shock on his face but you also knew the guy enjoyed working with RTE as the pundits gave their honest opinion. Good bad or indifferent.

So what? I never mentioned Bayern.

Some players are rubbish and RTE is the only channel I know of were the pundits are not afraid to say so.

When Souness first came on board. I remember the look of shock on his face but you also knew the guy enjoyed working with RTE as the pundits gave their honest opinion. Good bad or indifferent.

No, but didn't you quote gustavo, who mentioned Bayern? ;)

No, but didn't you quote gustavo, who mentioned Bayern? ;)

Who quoted... anyway

There are a lot of rubbish players in the game but you would never know it watching sky / bbc

Who quoted... anyway

There are a lot of rubbish players in the game but you would never know it watching sky / bbc

Post #51, but never mind, you are right in what you say :)

Post #51, but never mind, you are right in what you say :)

Post 45# you're right I am right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Jaysus, turned into a typical soccer forum thread quick enough!

markesmith wrote: »
    Jaysus, turned into a typical soccer forum thread quick enough!

You're right.... so these North Koreans crazy or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I find the panel entertaining and interesting providing there is some kind of action involved. For example if things radically change with Ireland, managers, leagues or with teams involved competitions I have to hear what Giles, Dunphy and Brady have to say about it. If things are mediocre and there is not much to talk about it can get a bit boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

No way would he have got away with any of this if he worked on uk tv which is part of the appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Well there are a few things there that I would agree with. Some of the stuff written in the newspapers is off this planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Giles - doesn't seem to have any idea of who most of the players in the Champions League are which is pretty shabby really.

Dunphy - self promoting troll.

Brady - finds himself playing straight man to Dunphy's ravings.

It really is time for a change. Maybe have Giles and Dunphy for Ireland matches and someone/anyone else for the Champions League. Someone who can recognise the players might be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Not enough criticism of Hamilton in here. How that guy is still commentating on nearly every game is beyond me. You're guaranteed him saying it was offside when it was a foul, a throw-in when it was a corner, number 9 scoring when it was actually number 10...and so on. Every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A few people saying they don't do enough research. I think the best example of poor punditry was Alan Shearer. On match of the day he was the going to be the one talking most about Newcastle, a featured MOTD game. Ben Arfa scored, he was new. All Shearer said was "no one knows anything about him". You had all fúcking day and you couldn't even be arsed to look at his wiki page??
    BBC and ITV is the most boring. Gary Neville is the only person I'd listen to about tactics. Giles on tactics is hilarious, he's so out of touch talking about Matt Busby and Don Revie's tactics of telling a team to "just go out and play" and tactics is up to the players to decide themselves.
    roy keane on the rte panel would be gas
    Wouldn't hear a peep out of Dunphy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Renn wrote: »
    Not enough criticism of Hamilton in here. How that guy is still commentating on nearly every game is beyond me. You're guaranteed him saying it was offside when it was a foul, a throw-in when it was a corner, number 9 scoring when it was actually number 10...and so on. Every game.

What? Hamilton is an exceptional commentator. Brilliant at what he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What? Hamilton is an exceptional commentator. Brilliant at what he does.
    :confused:

I NEVER watch when George commentates.

He just gets on my 'nads so i watch any other channel with the match on or with the sound turned off. Sometimes i wonder if he is watching the same game as me or just nattering on until he comes up with the exact pronunciation of a players name, just to show just how 'in the know' he is rather than commentating on the actual match itself:mad:

And Dunphy is just a self promoting troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5live wrote: »
    :confused:

I NEVER watch when George commentates.

He just gets on my 'nads so i watch any other channel with the match on or with the sound turned off. Sometimes i wonder if he is watching the same game as me or just nattering on until he comes up with the exact pronunciation of a players name, just to show just how 'in the know' he is rather than commentating on the actual match itself:mad:

And Dunphy is just a self promoting troll

So you get annoyed when he pronounces players names correctly? :confused:

I think he's pretty good at what he does. Wouldn't say "exceptional" like Lloyd did but yeah,pretty good.

Advertisement