Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway-problem with collection

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got this status yesterday"In order to effect delivery, we tried to ring the customer but there was no answer at the number provided and we were unable to leave a message" driver only rang once but sender couldnt answer the phone(2 children at house) after that sended few txt message but never got any contact back. Rang the fastway today hoply they will collect the package today so far its still not collected and the postage was paid already.
    Can i cancel it and get my money back?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

so you couldn't answer the phone meaning the driver could not collect the package and you want to blame fastway?

btw - it makes no difference whether they collect at 9am or 5pm, the package will still get there tomorrow.

btw - ALL couriers follow set routes, they cannot provide a service at the price they do if they have to phone people multiple numbers of times and go back on their routes - that the servcie they offer, you just have to meet your end. e.g. if they call you, answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The seller may allow you cancel the sale but may not.

You would need to speak to the seller before the item is collected, cancelling by text is not a good idea as the seller may not read it before the item is collected so you would have to pay postage to return the item and the seller would be unlikely to refund the postage you already paid.

To be honest unless you needed the item for today I would just stick with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Oops I may have misread the post.

I thought the op had bought something from someone who was sending the item by courier. That the courier rang the seller to arrange pick up and the seller did not answer.

I also understood that the op has text the seller a number of times but got no reply and that the op not wants to cancel the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ok i got that collected today at 7pm so bit delay anyway after few phones got it sorted. Got that i didnt need the package for today.

Advertisement