Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hostels near clonakilty , inchadoney?

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

A friend and I are planning to cycle down to clonakilty / inchadoney from cork city . I cant find any cheap accomodation online , like a hostel with dorm rates . Is there actually any ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

There was a hostel by the Michael Collins statue but I think it closed. If you cant affoard a B&B you could always camp. Have seen people camping on the far side of inchydoney up on the dunes or alternatively near the long strand beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

That one in Clon closed methinks as balmed out pointed out and may well have been the victim of flooding , not certain of course , further west there are 2 In Skibbereen Russagh Mill and a new one in the Town centre run by the Paragon Bar , very modern I would say , Bed and breakfast option in the bar , think 20 0r 25e .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

There is another campsite out the Clonakilty - Timeoleague road...google will probably throw it up for you.

Can't say I know of any hostels around Clon, sorry! There are plenty of B&B in the area like someone else said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Not sure about the Hostel , I don't think it os still open.

The townhouse in Clonakilty do good deals for overnight, however I don't know if they have somewhere to leave the bikes.

The Quality hotel have also good deals but maybe more expensive now that it is midterm.

There is also the Emmett Hotel and O'Donovan Hotel, trying ringing them rather than online as sometimes you get a better rate.

There is another campsite out the Clonakilty - Timeoleague road...google will probably throw it up for you.

Can't say I know of any hostels around Clon, sorry! There are plenty of B&B in the area like someone else said above.

Is it Desert camping site? Its small but situated a few minutes walk from the town centre, very close to the supervalue.
    Theres also sextons campsite but thats way closer to timoleague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Theres also sextons campsite but thats way closer to timoleague

You might be right on that one, maybe it is closer to Timoleague. Sorry :)

An Sugan also do accomodation, not sure about prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

O'Donovan's hotel is very reasonable, and they are nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

O'Donovan's hotel is very reasonable, and they are nice people.

+1

Just realise if staying in o'donovans that the venue nightclub is downstairs on Friday and Saturday nights

Advertisement